What size generator do I need?

I have 3760 EL and looking to get a generator but I am not sure what to buy. If I wanted to run everything what size do I need?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CDN

B and B
Do you want both AC units? Need to define everything.

Running everything including a residential fridge, water heater, washer/dryer and 2 AC units you are talking at 11 Kw Generator.

If you use 1 AC, propane fridge/water heater and limit hairdryer, toaster or microwave use you can get buy with 4 Kw.

Do you want both AC units? Need to define everything.

Running everything including a residential fridge, water heater, washer/dryer and 2 AC units you are talking at 11 Kw Generator.

If you use 1 AC, propane fridge/water heater and limit hairdryer or microwave use you can get buy with 4 Kw.

I have two AC, electric fridge but I can switch my water heater to propane.

danemayer

Heartland ships a 5500 watt Onan as the on-board generator. From a practical standpoint it will run most everything at the same time. But if you throw in a toaster, microwave, and coffee pot, it won't do it all.

esscobra

I have a 3760el also - I ordered gen prep- installed 7000 onan fuel injected- can run both a/cs, fridge 3 tvs and microwave as well as 3 dish receivers- 2 soundbars and cellular router- laptop charger - all without any issue- in open area direct sun 98 texas heat and acs on high-

7k is same price and size as 5500 , fuel consumption is minimally different due to fuel injection- and I should be able to add a 3rd a/c and run it ( attwood 13.5 -very power efficient- but so far I don't think ill need - but was a factor that I wanted to be able to run- as its been 100 /99 for last 2 weeks- )

I can give you details where to buy best price and help with fuel tank- depends on how much you plan on using it-propane models are 15-20% less efficient - so a 6500lp model is like a 5500 gas- so if you need to run 4-5 days at a time frequently like me- youll want a gas model

I have a 3760el also - I ordered gen prep- installed 7000 onan fuel injected- can run both a/cs, fridge 3 tvs and microwave as well as 3 dish receivers- 2 soundbars and cellular router- laptop charger - all without any issue- in open area direct sun 98 texas heat and acs on high-

7k is same price and size as 5500 , fuel consumption is minimally different due to fuel injection- and I should be able to add a 3rd a/c and run it ( attwood 13.5 -very power efficient- but so far I don't think ill need - but was a factor that I wanted to be able to run- as its been 100 /99 for last 2 weeks- )

I can give you details where to buy best price and help with fuel tank- depends on how much you plan on using it-propane models are 15-20% less efficient - so a 6500lp model is like a 5500 gas- so if you need to run 4-5 days at a time frequently like me- youll want a gas model

I guess my first question is how loud is it and do you get any complaints for noise? Any details where to buy will be much appreciated. I am interested in going to a few places that have no electric. My other question can you run your generator and hook up to 30 amp?

esscobra

cant give you a decibel rating- but onan says they meet nat park guidelines- it is as quiet as any modern unit - very comparable to my eu series Hondas- as quiet as diesel onans in the 500k coaches around me.

check norwall power sytems for best price- sign up for their norwall onlie member- gives extra discount a get 50 homedepot gift card- also discount for bank transfer or check - also call and talk to sales dept- they gave me additional discount-

no- its either generator or shore power-

carl.swoyer

I have a 2012 Landmark Rushmore. Two 15 k BTU ACs my Onan generator is a 5500 Marquis LP. I replaced the 20 amp breakers to a 30 amp breakers. I can dry camp with out any issues. Set the ac 2° apart this keeps them from cycling on at the same time. Obviously if "everything" is running you may pop a breaker. I've never had a problem.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

kab449

I have a 2012 Landmark Rushmore. Two 15 k BTU ACs my Onan generator is a 5500 Marquis LP. I replaced the 20 amp breakers to a 30 amp breakers. I can dry camp with out any issues. Set the ac 2° apart this keeps them from cycling on at the same time. Obviously if "everything" is running you may pop a breaker. I've never had a problem.

Is you Onan propane or gas? Which Breakers did you replace with 30's?

carl.swoyer

Lp. Original was a 20 amp breaker and replaced it with a 30 amp breaker. Now I have two 30 amp breakers on the genset.

DirtyMax88

We ordered our LM with the gen prep. Decided to go with the Onan 6500 LP, mainly because of what people say about it being less effficient then gas. Also the cost wasn't much difference and the 6500 burns less LP then the 5500, according to Cummins-Onan website. We haven't had to dry camp more then an overnight stops at a Walmart or Cracker Barrel, so I don't know how quick it will use up a 40lb propane tank. We really have only run for 8 or 10 hours at a time. We do run both a/c's, satellite, tv's, etc. and not have any issues.

As for the sound, it is super quiet. I haven't done a decibel test, but you can carry on a conversation right by the compartment, no prob. Honestly I was surprised as to how quiet it is.

kab449

Lp. Original was a 20 amp breaker and replaced it with a 30 amp breaker. Now I have two 30 amp breakers on the genset.

They make two different configurations of this generator. One comes with 2 30 amp breakers and the other comes with 1 30amp and 1 20 amp HACR breaker. Not sure why. Thanks for your response.

carl.swoyer

Mine was configured 30/20 amp breakers. Per Onan the 5500 with the 30/20 breaker is to keep the genset from running at full throttle. When I replaced the 20 amp breaker with a 30 amp breaker I pretty much have a 6500 genset. But I'm pulling max power