What to do...what to do. I am so confused :-(

randolu

We are getting close to the time when we will have to order our new Landmark. We have to have it by the 2nd week of April at the latest. My problem is that as the time gets closer I become more confused as to what model I want. I thought for sure I wanted the Newport but the more I look at them the more the Charleston is creeping to the forefront. I just don't know what to do.

travlingman

Go and find the models you like and spend some time in each one. Don't spend a few minutes, spend at least an hour in each. Act like you are cooking a meal, does the kitchen work for your cooking needs? Both of you get in the bedroom, enough room? How does the internal storage compare between the 2 floorplans? Does one have more in the bedroom storage verses the kitchen? If you spend time outside, does one unit have more awning size verses the other? When traveling, what can you access with the slides in on each rig?

Just because someone thinks their floorplan is the best, doesn't mean it will work for you. We like our rig, but wish we had bought a different floorplan. Ours was a new floorplan that was just coming out when we bought it, only saw it on paper. Make a list of what you want in a rig, and check it off for each different floorplan.

BigJim45

Luv'n Life
Go with what works for you. Both are great rigs. Have you check out both in person, if not you should do that if you can.

Good luck to you.

MTPockets

Good advice, just think it through, go through the motions.. We spent three months doing that before placing a factory order.. Only you can determine what works best for you. Also, don't scrimp. If you want a certain option, get it now so that later you avoid regret for cutting corners.

randolu

Thank you everyone. We have been in both floor plans a few times and I think will go to the dealer again this weekend to spend more time in both. The Newport is the one that seems to have more of what will work but the Charleston is just so beautiful and the living space is larger and feels more homey. We will be living in this rig at least 6 months a year so homey is kind of important. I thought about the "going through the motions" of living in it and I think that is what we should do this Saturday.

TxCowboy

Pack a lunch and some beverages when you go Saturday. Get a real feel for "living" in the RV. No regrets and don't skimp (as was said earlier). Pay some attention to the chassis and king pin. Get the upgrades.

Mburtsvt

Thank you everyone. We have been in both floor plans a few times and I think will go to the dealer again this weekend to spend more time in both. The Newport is the one that seems to have more of what will work but the Charleston is just so beautiful and the living space is larger and feels more homey. We will be living in this rig at least 6 months a year so homey is kind of important. I thought about the "going through the motions" of living in it and I think that is what we should do this Saturday.

I’m going to be the contrarian view here. I DID NOT see the RV I ordered! I’m currently waiting on my LM Madison to arrive, (its week 6 since the order was placed). Clearly I have ordered way too much off the internet in recent years. I did see the BH3750FL in the past and basically made my decision based on when HL announced the FL Madison the middle of last year. One of the main reasons I went with the Madison is the front living room. I had to be brutally honest with myself - I WATCH A LOT OF TV. You have to picture yourself in the RV and decide what you will be doing the most in it.

I also understand that sometimes compromise is the name of the game. Of course the less I have to do the better I feel.

The comments of spending more time in both is the best so far. Additionally - add in all you want as options. You will never regret what you added in - you will always regret that you did not.

Garypowell

ALL good advice above. It is made worse if this is your first purchase. I have two suggestions for you that have not been mentioned

1 and most important don't be rushed by your deadline. Quick decisions to beat a deadline many times lead to regret. Don't know why your April deadline but if you miss it by two weeks I'll bet you will survive. Have to move out....with the little you can take with you rent some storage and go move in with a kid or friend. This deadline is going to cause you trouble no matter....either a rushed decision, too quick PDI, or worry, worry, worry.

2. Ask the dealer to give you recent customers who purchased the same models and ask them what they think 6 months later. What would they do different, how continent is this or that. You can also ask these folks what they think of the dealership after the sale.

You can also do this through a his forum.

Good luck!

randolu

I’m going to be the contrarian view here. I DID NOT see the RV I ordered! I’m currently waiting on my LM Madison to arrive, (its week 6 since the order was placed). Clearly I have ordered way too much off the internet in recent years. I did see the BH3750FL in the past and basically made my decision based on when HL announced the FL Madison the middle of last year. One of the main reasons I went with the Madison is the front living room. I had to be brutally honest with myself - I WATCH A LOT OF TV. You have to picture yourself in the RV and decide what you will be doing the most in it.

I also understand that sometimes compromise is the name of the game. Of course the less I have to do the better I feel.

The comments of spending more time in both is the best so far. Additionally - add in all you want as options. You will never regret what you added in - you will always regret that you did not.

Have they given you an update on how much longer it will be before your Madison to arrive? Did you go with the full paint option, I know that one takes a couple weeks longer.

Mburtsvt

Have they given you an update on how much longer it will be before your Madison to arrive? Did you go with the full paint option, I know that one takes a couple weeks longer.

They have not - but I have not asked. I projected the first few weeks of Jan. I ordered the last week of Oct. My projected delivery time frame is 10-12 weeks, (including the Christmas shut down).

I did not go "full body". Just Black/Red. All LM's have some paint on them. I would think that full body and standard paint would only result in a few day delay. They, (someone correct me if i'm wrong), source out the painting to another contractor, (Mikes Custom Paint)?

Last edited:

Miltp920

The Charleston living room is our favorite, and the Newport front bath is really nice. Wish they were in the same unit. The Charleston with a bigger bathroom would do the trick too. You are going to love either. My wife REALLY likes the Charleston living room. VERY nice. The Newport is growing on her too, such a big bathroom. Good Luck.

elwaller39

Evans & Lana
You may want to have the dealer put the slide outs in on each floor plan to see if this will cause a problem if you need to get a certain place in the RV. Have fun deciding, that is what Rving is all about!!

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Last thing. Make sure you download the HL 365 LM MSRP from the forum. You can add all the options you want, add them up and then take 30% off that $$$ amount and then go make your deal. Remember a posted MSRP in a coach is not what HL says it should sell for. RV's are not cars that are required by law to post a MSRP on the window. Dealers make up their own and sometimes add $20-30K to HL MSRP's.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Whichever model you feel you like best . . . order that one!

Chances are you would love either one . . . so just order the one you like the most!

And don't worry about second guessing yourself.

randolu

The Charleston living room is our favorite, and the Newport front bath is really nice. Wish they were in the same unit. The Charleston with a bigger bathroom would do the trick too. You are going to love either. My wife REALLY likes the Charleston living room. VERY nice. The Newport is growing on her too, such a big bathroom. Good Luck.

That is just how I feel

Mburtsvt

Last thing. Make sure you download the HL 365 LM MSRP from the forum. You can add all the options you want, add them up and then take 30% off that $$$ amount and then go make your deal. Remember a posted MSRP in a coach is not what HL says it should sell for. RV's are not cars that are required by law to post a MSRP on the window. Dealers make up their own and sometimes add $20-30K to HL MSRP's.

I just want to glom, (it’s a real word), onto what Bob&Patty said. I’m 160 miles from the nearest Landmark dealer and trying to get a current MSRP sheet from them was a disaster. It took 4 attempts to get the correct one that was on this web site , ( yes - I still ordered it from them).

From “whiting out” the line discount, ($8000.00!) to listing it as a “incentive”, (really - they did that) before sending it to me. The dealer tried their best to get the MSRP up!

Use the MSRP sheet as your guide line when you order! One of these days RV resell will come into the 21st century - it’s just not today.