Which TV mount for basement?

mmomega

AnyTimer
I just bought a 32" LCD to go in the basement of the Landmark and I like the slide out type that Mor/Ryde makes but they are about $240. I'm just curious as which mounts others already have or have added to the basement area that don't cost as much as the TV.

I know I'll most likely need to reinforce the wall where the coax and power outlets are.
Im just looking for one that should fold in as flat as possible and extend out of the basement enough to be able to see the tv well.

I don't have the trailer as it is still at the dealer but I'd like to go ahead and have one by the time I get it back. It is harder trying to shop since there are so many and not having the trailer to take measurements.

2psnapod1

Texas-South Chapter Leader-Retired
My husband reinforced the wall and then installed a folding accordion type mount that we already had and I can't remember if we got it at Walmart or Amazon (both have them and they are reasonable). We have 20 Rubbermaid totes in our basement and can take the tv out and put it back without disturbing anything. He also ordered the straps from Heartland (like what is on the bedroom tv mount. If you're interested I can check with my husband to see if he remembers where we got the wall mount.

TV Install (1).jpg TV Install (2).jpg TV Install (3).jpg TV Install (4).jpg

mmomega

AnyTimer
That's actually exactly how I'm looking to do mine. Remote velcro'd to the wall and everything and I was thinking of doing the same thing with the straps. It looks good.

My only worry was if those "single-arm" accordion type mounts would support the tv fine over all the bumpy roads but I'm guessing the straps hold it solid against the wall.

2psnapod1

Texas-South Chapter Leader-Retired
We've traveled quite a bit with our without the strap and it traveled great - never moved. But we felt better when we got the straps and were sure that the tv was secure. Good luck!

jasons09cyclone

Looks great... I also did the same on the bottom storage area.. Started out with a 15" screen then a 26" now I'm using a 32" led which isn't that much heavier than the 26" LCD I've been driving around with it for 2years now with one strap on it and it hasn't moved... The wall mount was from Costco for like 40 bucks.

mmomega

AnyTimer
Mounts on monoprice.com are ridiculous cheap and I found one I think I'm going to use. $15 + I have 2 straps lying around.

Mount is rated to 44lbs and the TV is 18. I think it should do the job.

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
We also have a 32" TV in the basement but elected not to mount it. DH didn't want to go behind the bulkhead to try to reinforce the wall for something that would bounce as you travel. It really hasn't been an issue not having it on a swing arm for moving it. We left it on it's stand, wrap it up in a blanket and put the screen side next to the bulkhead for traveling. We have been doing this for over 5 years without a problem.