Why a Landmark or a Big Country over the Big Horn?

2010augusta

Very good, you won the big prize.

Long story, but one cop thought it was " I want to be Japan" even thought it is on a Jeep

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
The more interesting story is why was a cop making note of your license plate?:D

Did have anything to do with a pungent aroma emanating from the vehicle and several opened bags of potato chips and twinkies????:eek:

2010augusta

NO, no no, one plate fell off on a street in Colorado Springs, and before I relized it was gone the police called me, and told me that my "I want to be Japan" plate was in the downtown evidence room.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
NO, no no, one plate fell off on a street in Colorado Springs, and before I relized it was gone the police called me, and told me that my "I want to be Japan" plate was in the downtown evidence room.

OK, buddy, we'll "believe" you :rolleyes:.

rvn4fun

Wow everything above is true, we have been eyeing the 3670 for a couple of years and of course the Landmark. Unfortunately money talks, we looked, dreamed of the Grand Canyon, but still liked the 3670. After visiting a dealer that had all three models we decided on the BC 2011 3450 Ts. We found that this model incorparated several things from the more expensive models. In fact we could't believe we found our perfect rv. Even if our pockets were heavier, I think we would have still purchased the BC after seeing this new model. To each his own!

SouthernNights

Past South Carolina Chapter Leader
The garage is not big enough for MY toy.:D
Grizzly32007.jpg

The plate reads I12BJPN. figure that one out.

All right Alan, you posted yours, now I post mine:D

HPIM1260.jpg

Yours is probably a little tougher:eek:, Mine was built for shows.

2010augusta

Larry that look nice:cool:, I have to think that it is a late 70's with either a 304 or 360 V8. Mine has a F/I chevy 350 with a good deal of mods. Someday I want to build a hot-rod CJ-5 just for fun and shows.

2010augusta

Fun. My father has an '82 that we put a AMC 360 into. I know a lot of CJ guys that try to stay with AMC engines, but the Chevys are just too easy to build and get parts for, so that is what I went for, Just wish it could come along with the Landmark, I spent 13 years building it from a bone stock wrangler and now it is parked in CO with my Classic Merc.

2010augusta

:DThats way you wheel it and break it, then you get to fix and upgrade everything, it keep me busy for many years.

Could we get this thread any more off topic?:D

goldenbetty

goldenbetty
Our turn......

Here is our "other toy". We make at least 4 trips a year with our off-roading club. We recently lifted it 3 more inches and did a "tummy tuck" too! That gives us 6.5 inches of lift, and on 35's. This picture was taken at Barnwell Mountain ORV Park in Gilmer, Texas. Having a little fun after the ride on some rocks.

Attachments

• 263.JPG
    263.JPG
    149.5 KB · Views: 31

Retired CPO

Hey Nathan, We have a 2008 BH 3400RL and love it. We are fulltime and have made a few upgrades to it but are very satisifed with this floor plan. We can get to everything in the Kitchen while we travel when we stop we can hve luch or dinner. I'd put my money into a good Generator for your truck, go to Mountainmaster,com to see them. Enjoy the freedom and what this country has to offer.

klindgren

Retired Virginia Chapter Leaders
Nice toy Goldenbetty, makes me want to go out and buy another Jeep and make a REAL Jeep out of it.

Holy Cow Larry. I really need to talk to you and Alan. My son has a 95 CY=5 that he is trying to keep running. I want it him to sell it and get some thing that doesn't need all this money poured into it, but he won't hear of it. The jeep belonged to our oldest son and Kyle took it over after Brian was killed two years ago. Now he won't part with it. It's his tie to his brother, so I am "assisting" (read that to mean he is fixing it up using my money) in the rebuild/restoration.

Seeing as how you and Alan have been through all this I need to keep your e-mails on my "short list" of contacts. Larry I would very much like to bend your ear when we get together on the Outer Banks in May.

Keith