window insulation

BarbNFred

we have a 2014 savannha and are stuck in las vegas nv because of medical its getting hotter and hotter.ac for front room doesnt seem to keep it to cool.i was wondering what insulation to use on the windows to help keep some of the heat out.thanks fred n barb

Apropdoc

Utah Chapter Leaders-retired
we have a 2014 savannha and are stuck in las vegas nv because of medical its getting hotter and hotter.ac for front room doesnt seem to keep it to cool.i was wondering what insulation to use on the windows to help keep some of the heat out.thanks fred n barb

You can go to Walmart/K-Mart/Target get some insulated curtains that will fit the windows and hang them with tension rods long enough to fit inside the Valance thingys. Amy made ours and it is incredible how much heat they keep out of the RV. Being in Lost Wages has the advantage of many places to get the curtains and rods!

Lynn1130

Home Depot or Lowes sells the silver 1/4 inch thick insulation in rolls. That can be cut to the size of the windows. Maybe not the prettiest but it will keep heat out.

farside291

Home Depot or Lowes sells the silver 1/4 inch thick insulation in rolls. That can be cut to the size of the windows. Maybe not the prettiest but it will keep heat out.

That's what we had to do. I cut the silver stuff to not only cover the back window behind the sofa but also cut so it goes down to the floor. I also did this on the window behind the home theater sofa, all the way to the floor. The rest of the windows, except for the windows under the awning, I cut to fit and attached with Velcro so it is removable in the winter. Now we are going to have all of the windows tinted with a 66% UV blocking window film made with ceramic. Silver stuff is much cheaper and probably works better!