winegard

taskswap

I don't have a full answer for you but our Milestone came with the Winegard antenna but it wasn't fully ready for use. There are two Winegard lines, one is the main antenna originally designed to pull in TV signals better, and then there's an advanced Air+Gateway option where the antenna has an additional component inside, and there's a router module that you install inside the coach. Our Milestone came with the basic antenna and no gateway, but the wiring was installed and we have a junction box in the ceiling of the master bed with a label on it advertising this. You may want to look for that and also open your actual antenna cover (it's just a weather cover) to see what's inside to know what components you are missing/need to add.

If you have all the needed components my UNDERSTANDING (I've never done it) is that what you really want from Verizon is a data SIM card on your plan, because you can just put that into the Winegard and be up and running. If you want to use an external Verizon router I don't know. Some services like Starlink have Ethernet ports (albeit often as purchased add-ons) that let you use an external router or even replace the base router if you know how. Studying a pic of the Winegard Gateway (https://www.amazon.com/Winegard-GW-1000-Gateway-WiFi-Router/dp/B07XLTRJ72) I don't see any ports like that so it may not be possible. You may be blazing new ground here...

MDH2021

Hello 2022 BigHorn Traveler,

Most likely not. As taskswap noted the Winegard Air 360+ is an external antenna designed for specific Winegard cellular and Wi-Fi devices. I have read of folks using the cellular and Wi-Fi antennas with non Winegard devices using antenna cable extension cables but a quick look at Verizon Internet Gateway devices shows no external antenna connections. Winegard's website does not show support for Verizon SIMs on their Gateway 4G and 5G devices.

I don't have a full answer for you but our Milestone came with the Winegard antenna but it wasn't fully ready for use. There are two Winegard lines, one is the main antenna originally designed to pull in TV signals better, and then there's an advanced Air+Gateway option where the antenna has an additional component inside, and there's a router module that you install inside the coach. Our Milestone came with the basic antenna and no gateway, but the wiring was installed and we have a junction box in the ceiling of the master bed with a label on it advertising this. You may want to look for that and also open your actual antenna cover (it's just a weather cover) to see what's inside to know what components you are missing/need to add.

If you have all the needed components my UNDERSTANDING (I've never done it) is that what you really want from Verizon is a data SIM card on your plan, because you can just put that into the Winegard and be up and running. If you want to use an external Verizon router I don't know. Some services like Starlink have Ethernet ports (albeit often as purchased add-ons) that let you use an external router or even replace the base router if you know how. Studying a pic of the Winegard Gateway (https://www.amazon.com/Winegard-GW-1000-Gateway-WiFi-Router/dp/B07XLTRJ72) I don't see any ports like that so it may not be possible. You may be blazing new ground here...
sir thank you very much for the help! I did order a few parts to change some cable ends and see if that works to hook up to the ethernet spot on the third party device. again thank you much!

Hello 2022 BigHorn Traveler,

Most likely not. As taskswap noted the Winegard Air 360+ is an external antenna designed for specific Winegard cellular and Wi-Fi devices. I have read of folks using the cellular and Wi-Fi antennas with non Winegard devices using antenna cable extension cables but a quick look at Verizon Internet Gateway devices shows no external antenna connections. Winegard's website does not show support for Verizon SIMs on their Gateway 4G and 5G devices.
im gonna try the cable ends and ill let you know! thank you sir for the advice! I got on this forum just yesterday. and already getting help from you is greatly appreciated!

xxmxracerxx

what ya paying for that monthly
20 dollars a month. Its for 15gigs a month. If we go over we just up the plan at the time during the trips. Then drop the plan back to the lowest. Also, while in storage I just suspend the service and will not have the bill. It will auto reconnect at 3 months or until I unsuspend it. Works out great for what we use the RV for.