Yeti Package battery impact questions.

I took delivery on a new Landmark Fifth Wheel in early November. It has the Yeti Package which I think is draining my battery in a matter of hours. From the forums I see that the 12v water line heater is thermostatically controlled. If there is no way to shut that off is it likely to drain battery so quickly? I did some checking with an ohm meter from my disconnected battery terminals and the resistance was very low until I pulled the fuse labelled Yeti. Temps are below freezing, so it is likely it would be coming on. It would not seem very helpful if it drains battery that quickly and can not be turned off.

Does the tank heating only work off 120 volts? If so that should not be affecting my battery, but I do see the light on my Yeti switch come on when I turn the switch on even though I am not plugged in, so this is making me wonder.

At first I thought the switch might be miss wired and the Yeti was always on regardless of the switch.

Any help on Yeti is appreciated.

danemayer

Tank heating pads are 110V. If you're running on batteries only, the tank heaters are not on.

The heat tape on the main water line is 12V and draws power from the battery if not plugged in to shore power. The battery drain is probably 3-5 watts per foot or 60-100 watts total when it gets cold.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
Cheese7007,

Are you saying you are dry camping in freezing temps?

If your not and the trailer is just sitting idle, I would recommend winterizing the rig and opening your

battery disconnect switch, or finding a 110v power source. That will save your battery for the time

being.

Trace

Last edited: