2010 International Heartland Owners Rally Discussion

iforget

New Jersey Chapter Leader-retired
Well nothing like ending our stay with a midnight swim! Wow it was so lovely and refreshing. I finally got to use a pool during on of our Heartland rallies! You all should have been here to join us! Maybe, just maybe I wont walk around the grounds tonight. Hope everyone is having a safe trip home. We stayed one more day and are leaving in the am to head towards Ohio for a night and then maybe home. We miss everyone and had a wonderful time! Nothing like hearing Rosie and Kathy are doing better! Goodnight, sweet dreams dear friends...

Hi Deb,

Glad you made use of the pool. Wish I would have had the time. Then, it would likely have been like a hot tub during the heat we had. On a positive note, I gained no weight during the rally :)

BTW - I will be sending your file out to rally attendees as a PDF. At least it will pair usernames with real names and site numbers and people can figure out who that was 2 sites down and the site across the road :)

Jim

dieselsweetheart

Debbie Clause has a big heart for people and animals and there's nothing she won't do to help someone in need. She is a great friend and I'm so glad to have found her through Heartland. She picked me up in her golf cart and that's how I was able to socialize with folks at their campsites. Thanks Deb!!!

Thanks also to Dave and Nona (truknutt) for their kind assistance in my time of need. They also have a golf cart and made it available if I needed it. The Portholes' and the Truknutts are great folks and I'm so happy they are in our little band of rally go-ers!!!

dudley43

This was my wife, Milda and my first rally. We had a great time and very much appreciate all the very nice and helpful people we met. Jim and all of your 'assistants', GREAT JOB! We had an uneventful trip from Ohio to Nashville. The trip home however, was a bit more stressful. All went well until we stopped for fuel at a truck stop in Florence, Ky. As we were pulled into the pump a semi tractor/trailor turned into the next pump over. He cut too short and struck the right rear of the Bighorn pushing it a couple of feet sideways. We were able to drive home pulling our beloved and now wounded 5 er. Waiting for the repair estimate. Shop felt it would be $15k or so. So much for our first significant pull! We still had a great time though and are eagerly looking forward to next year in Goshen!

swilhite

dudley43 -- we saw you passing us while going into Cincy. One big gash. Thank God for insurance. We were the little Sundance 265RK (compared to the other rigs).

Tony,

Sorry to hear about your mis-hap on the way home. The initial estimate of $15k sounds about right. Reason I say that is that Joseph Dorsey (jcd8822 on the forum) had a similar repair to their Bighorn. They had repairs done at RV Capital Service Center in Elkhart and he told me yesterday that he was pleased with the work.

Best of luck to you.

Jim

kkamshop

This was my wife, Milda and my first rally. We had a great time and very much appreciate all the very nice and helpful people we met. Jim and all of your 'assistants', GREAT JOB! We had an uneventful trip from Ohio to Nashville. The trip home however, was a bit more stressful. All went well until we stopped for fuel at a truck stop in Florence, Ky. As we were pulled into the pump a semi tractor/trailor turned into the next pump over. He cut too short and struck the right rear of the Bighorn pushing it a couple of feet sideways. We were able to drive home pulling our beloved and now wounded 5 er. Waiting for the repair estimate. Shop felt it would be $15k or so. So much for our first significant pull! We still had a great time though and are eagerly looking forward to next year in Goshen!

Tony, that is terrible!!! This will make for a great campfire story in the future, lol, but I know it's not too funny right now :(
Ken & I really enjoyed meeting you and Milda - hope to see you again sometime.

SmokeyBare

Tony & Milda,

So very sorry your beautiful BigHorn is now damaged !! I hope the repairs bring it back to it's original condition. Sure pleased to hear it's not soured your desire to travel to Goshen for next years Rally. We'll look forward to seeing you both then.

elwaller39

Evans & Lana
Sorry to hear of your miss hap. The good thing is that your coach can be repaired to look as good as new again. May your future camping plans be more peaeful!!

iforget

Just found this Cheryl and I feel the same.. I loved taking you around and meeting more Heartland family! It was meeting you and Jim at your first PA Rally that made me so happy we joined the Heartland Family. Even though I was so sick being treated for Lyme, no one, including Jim B. The Hertzbergs, and our NJ Rally Group leader, John and Deb Bylinski and all our other new friends, made me feel left out at any point..
I love people and animals and Heartland Rallies!!!! Oh yeah, my hubby and our zoo crew and our Cyclone...

Debbie Clause has a big heart for people and animals and there's nothing she won't do to help someone in need. She is a great friend and I'm so glad to have found her through Heartland. She picked me up in her golf cart and that's how I was able to socialize with folks at their campsites. Thanks Deb!!!

Thanks also to Dave and Nona (truknutt) for their kind assistance in my time of need. They also have a golf cart and made it available if I needed it. The Portholes' and the Truknutts are great folks and I'm so happy they are in our little band of rally go-ers!!!

DW_Gray

Oh dear, the secret is out and you all learned about my clone from the UK. I must say he does wear a good disguise and he sings a lot better than me too.

iforget

Oh dear, the secret is out and you all learned about my clone from the UK. I must say he does wear a good disguise and he sings a lot better than me too.

Well I will have to check him out when in London. When Duane and I saw this, we thought it would be fun to take the picture and post here. I never even look him up...

porthole

Retired
In case you all missed it, there are about 150 pics on the gallery.

//heartlandowners.org/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=41277

jimtoo

OK,,, my memory has been overloaded and I am loosing a lot of stuff...no... not my computer's memory,,, the one in my head. Someone at the National Rally was talking about their pin on the pin box being worn. They were from the San Antonio area. I told them I have a pinbox they could have really cheap. Now who was it???

If you see this and still need a pin box,,, PM me.

Jim M

dudley43

Just a quick update: Two weeks ago the trucking company's insurance adjuster called and advised that they were "totaling" our 2009 3670. They offered settlement that was quite generous and we were able to replace the 2009 with a new 2011 Bighorn 3610. We picked it up last week and are very, very pleased. Just go to prove that some good seems to always follow bad. What we experienced in the accident was disheartening and made for several nights of poor sleep, but in the end it turned out to be a blessing in disguise! Thanks to all for your concerns. We are very much looking forward to seeing you all again next year and we are convinced that the travel then will not be a repeat of the last!

jimtoo

What a great report to finish a really bad experience. We hope everything continues to go good for you.

Thanks to a good insurance adjuster,,,, few and far between.

Jim M

truknutt

Committed Member
Those of you who attended last year's International Rally in Nashville will remember Shotgun Red who, along with his pals Steve Hall, Jennifer Bruce & Roger Francis provided the entertainment on Saturday Evening. Well I was flipping through the TV Directory and lo-n-behold the little guy has his own Variety Show on RFD-TV.

Guess ol' Jimmy B doesn't do to bad booking the entertainment for these rallies, eh?! I wonder what he's got planned for this year?

Attachments

• Jen_Steve_Roger_Nightlife-238x144.jpg
    Jen_Steve_Roger_Nightlife-238x144.jpg
    10.2 KB · Views: 12

jimtoo

Those of you who attended last year's International Rally in Nashville will remember Shotgun Red who, along with his pals Steve Hall, Jennifer Bruce & Roger Francis provided the entertainment on Saturday Evening. Well I was flipping through the TV Directory and lo-n-behold the little guy has his own Variety Show on RFD-TV.

Guess ol' Jimmy B doesn't do to bad booking the entertainment for these rallies, eh?! I wonder what he's got planned for this year?

Well,,, just hope it's not some guy trying to dance in a KILT.... :)

(Although, he did have pretty legs...) :)