2010 International Heartland Owners Rally Discussion

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Will we be able to have keys made for our rig at the Rally.......both for the entry door as well as the basement. None of our local dealers have any blanks.
Thanks,
Ruth and Charles
I doubt it, unless you go to Camping World next door to the KOA.
If all else fails, check THIS out.

Peace
Dave

Will we be able to have keys made for our rig at the Rally.......both for the entry door as well as the basement. None of our local dealers have any blanks.
Thanks,
Ruth and Charles

Chuck and Ruth,

No service work at all will be performed at this rally. Sorry. I will be the only Heartland employee there and I represent the Heartland Owners Club. Consider calling our Customer Service Department today to see if they can assist you - 877-262-8032.

See you in Nashville.

Jim

porthole

Retired
Porthole, I was sitting here trying to figure out what CRS was and wondering if it was a bad ailment for you to have (feeling bad for you even). THEN, it hit me.....so if it is what I think it is..........I guess I may have it also. LOL
Although, if it is a real ailment, boy will my face be red.
Nita

Can't Remember Stuff (or fill in your own 3rd word)

Hi gang,

I am looking for a Rally Photo Coordinator for Nashville. See the requirements at the link below. Email me if you are interested, have the card readers and the hard disk space.

//heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/15773-Rally-Volunteer-Opportunities

Hey y'all,

I've update the Agenda and the Seminars, Presentations & Meetings Schedule.

Rally Agenda (click here)

Seminars, Presentations & Meetings Schedule (click here)

I also pushed a fairly comprehensive email out to each rally attendee. I'll reprint that email below.

Jim

NASHVILLE RALLY UPDATE

July 2, 2010

Hi Jim,

Only 13 more days to rally time! Sooner for those of you arriving early - or WAY early :)

I have a couple quick announcements:

• The latest Rally Agenda is attached. I don't anticipate much change to it by rally time. A final version of it will be included in your rally packets which will be distributed starting Tuesday the week of the rally. So the attachment is more of a heads up as to how it's lining out

• The Seminars, Presentations and Meetings Schedule is also attached. Here too, I don't anticipate much change to it by rally time. A final version of it will be included in your rally packets which will be distributed starting Tuesday the week of the rally. So the attachment is more of a heads up as to how it's lining out

And a few words about related matters:

VENUE UPDATE
The KOA continues to progress well in their renovation. I'm actually excited about seeing the changes/improvements since I first scouted it in March 2009

FOOD BANK VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITY
I was over-joyed with the response to the call for volunteers for working at the Food Bank on Wednesday morning, the week of the rally. I need to look at that thread in the morning but I am pretty sure we reached our goal of 35 volunteers and 4 alternates. And all in 24 hours. Heartlanders are the best - thank you! See Kimball and Alice Gillette on Tuesday to go over details and to hand in your Group Member Agreement form.

FOOD DRIVE
I have asked the KOA to begin accepting donations from campers there starting this holiday weekend. So that will be a nice bonus. I have set a goal of 250 items just from Heartlanders during our stay. I know we can do this. A flier is attached and will be included in your rally packet with a list of "most needed items".

RIG WEIGHING
Eighteen rigs are already signed up for this. We are well behind last year's pace for this. If you are contemplating having your rig weighed, now is the time to have it done. And it will be best to have it done "as you arrive" at the KOA, while you are still hooked up. Here's a link to the sign-up form.

GRAND OLE OPRY
I have the tickets! We are at the Ryman Auditorium on the lower (main) level. We are in 7 of the 8 sections. We are back of the premium cost seating. Each rig will receive tickets for each person that is signed up for your rig. Generally, this is 2 people so 2 tickets. Though we have a fair number of rigs with 3 and 4 people signed up, hence 3 and 4 tickets. If you are bringing people with you in your rig that "are not already signed up", I need to know about this. I need their first and last name, their shirt size and your approval to charge the $50 per person extra fee to cover the rally happenings for each extra person. The artists for our evening have been posted on the Opry website. We will be seeing Mel Tillis and Kenyon Lockry We have bus transportation arranged from the KOA to the Ryman and back. Your tickets will be in an envelope in your rally packets which will be distributed starting Tuesday the week of the rally.

KENNY AND THE KOONERS
If you are arriving Wednesday or earlier, join us for some fun with Kenny and the Krooners at the Music Hall at the KOA. $10 per person and okay to bring your own drinks. More about their show.

CANEY FORK FISH CAMP RESTAURANT
For those of you who pre-paid for this early arrivals dinner event on Tuesday evening, we're still a go. I have printed tickets for each of you. Some of us will be in the private party room and others will be in a section just outside the room. For those of you who were unable to get in on this limited seating event, I urge you to consider joining us. 'll try to work it out with the manager so they know those with tickets are paid by me as they are pre-paid and those without tickets pay for their dinner that night. Let's have some fun - and their corn fritters are out of this world!

COUNTRY MUSIC HALL OF FAME
Though not part of the rally, your visit to Nashville will be incomplete without a visit to the Country Music Hall of Fame. Country Music not being my first choice of music style, I must say that I was IMPRESSED when I toured this place last year. And the Williams Family Legacy Exhibit (Hank Sr, Hank Jr, and Jett etc.) is fabulous. Plan around 2 hours for this place. I was there for 40 minutes on a bus tour of Nashville and nearly ran through the place.

FULL-TIMING DISCUSSION just added
We just added a "Full-timing" discussion to the Meetings schedule. So if you fill-time in your RV now or are contemplating it for the future, consider attending this session. Marv/Karen Osborn and Gregg (Mac)/Lynnette McHenry will be hosting this session.

LIPPERT RALLY PROMO

Lippert has received a great response to the rally promos I asked them to put together for us (see attachment). A dozen rally attendees have appointments for LevelUp and some of them have already been to Goshen to have it put on! Another dozen have ordered the TrailAir pin box with Tri-Glide. I have to say that Lippert exceeded my expectations on pricing on all the upgrades I asked for in this promo and I am pleased that so many have taken them up on it. I also want to clarify for those wondering, the dates listed for the promo are not the installed by dates. Those are the offer dates. If you cannot schedule an install by the promo end date but can still do so within a reasonable period of time thereafter, then your good to go - just call Jonathan at the number on the promo to discuss.

FINAL UPDATE?
This may be the last update I put out on the rally. If you feel I have forgotten to pass something along to all attendees, please mention it as a reply in this
rally discussion thread. That way, others will benefit from the question/issue and answer/response.

See you in Nashville!

Jim Beletti
President, Heartland Owners Club

jim.beletti@heartlandrvs.com
574-333-1153

Attachments:

This email communication was sent by:
Heartland Owners Club
1001 All Pro Drive
Elkhart, IN 46514

Last edited by a moderator:

tom

Can tickets for the Wednesday Kenny ... show be ordered, or reserved, before arrival at the KOA?

iefpro01

Has anyone considered asking a local RV repair facility to do installation services while we are there - bet they could make a lot of business just on the Lippert items installation...

iefpro01

I had posted this a while back - but I thought I would update. For the folks traveling from the west; Tom Sawyer RV park in West Memphis is a great gathering spot for the final push into Nashville.
www.tomsawyersrvpark.com
1286 South 8th Street
West Memphis, AR 72301-5512
(870) 735-9770

A few of us are already meeting on the 11th for a convoy into Nashville on the 12th. I am in Site 99, I know for sure one other couple is in site 96. Let us know if you are going to be there and we can all travel into Nashville together... Also feel free to do other dates guys! Tom Sawyer does klnow about the group, so just let them know you are part of the AHeartland group going to Nashville and they will try to get everyone close together.

BTW this park is really cool, if you like to sit and watch the Mississippi river trafic go by...

porthole

Retired
Hey y'all,

I've update the Agenda and the Seminars, Presentations & Meetings Schedule.

Rally Agenda (click here)

page 1 of 1
page 2 of 2
page 3 of 3
page 4 of 4

Heard enough with CRS and then you go an throw a curve ball in.

Took me 45 minutes to get through all the pages ....................................

pmmjarrett

Not just tired..... RETIRED!!!
Hi All,

I'm crashing the party with the new haul and tow truck. Should get into town late on the 14 and can be there all day on the 15th........ Unless JB kicks me out. Beyond this is up in the air for me right now.

OK..... So what do I need to bring for the Pot Luck dinner, Little Debby snacks, Tater chips, burger king or order a pizza...... I may be pretty good at making stuff out of metal but I'm pretty sure nobody wants me cooking. My cooking skills stop with a microwave burito or tossing a can of pork and beans on the turbocharger LOL

pmmjarrett

Not just tired..... RETIRED!!!
Mike,

You are welcome to the rally as my invited guest. Pickup a pie or some such at the store - done deal :)

Jim

Mmmmmmm Pie, great idea. Even I can't mess that one up. I'm all over it.

See, Jim doesn't even want to test my cooking skills on the turbocharger.. The plastic wrap always melts to the burritos and the hot dogs taste like diesel fuel.. There must be a reason that we go to a diner when we see each other on rare occasion in Elkhart. I do pretty good warming pizza up with a cutting torch though. I don't even burn the paper towel it's sitting on. The welding rod oven does a pretty good job of warming up a ham and swiss cheese samich too.

See y'all there.

Thanks for the Invitation Jim.

iefpro01

We now have 4 Rvs in our Monday convoy from the Tom Sawyer RV Park in West Memphis to Nashville! More are welcome!

WHOOHOO! It's gonna be a party! BTW JB, don't you go calling the TN State patrol, tellin on us and to be on the look out.... Cause we will be singing rubber ducky all the way!

SmokeyBare

Rally Pot Luck Meals can hold lasting Memories.... Yum.....

Attachments

• IMG_2562.JPG
    IMG_2562.JPG
    667.6 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_2563.JPG
    IMG_2563.JPG
    682.3 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_2564.JPG
    IMG_2564.JPG
    653.1 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_2559.JPG
    IMG_2559.JPG