2010 International Heartland Owners Rally Discussion

Randy

Founding Georgia Chapter Leader (Ret)
The convoy from Georgia will leave about 9 tomorrow morning. It looks like it might be a very short convoy.
Santha and I should be there about 1 pm. See all of you tomorrow.. Randy

MrsSouthernNights

Past South Carolina Chapter Leader
Larry and I started out at 6:30 this morning, drove and had intentions of staying overnight at about half way! Well - here we sit at Nashville!
We decided since the new F350 was such a great riding truck we just came on in! We arrived around 3:30 pm - long ride but glad we're here!
About an hour away from the campground we "passed" Dave and Julie!
Already met several new folks - so looking forward to a great time this week!
Eric, Dorothy, Gus, Deb, Phil, Becky, Pete and Deb - Ya'll hurry and git here!!!!!!
Gonna miss John and Deb, Terry and Renee, but they are sitting on the coast chillin and soaking up the suns rays!

porthole

Retired
Little more then halfway at a Wytheville, VA KOA.

Pesky sensors are acting up on the DMax and without good signals she doesn't like the hills

Should be in Nashville before 5 - definitely before dark. But if not I can try out my latest mid-atlantic reverse lights.

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
John and I want to wish everone a safe trip and a great rally.

Sam, we'll miss you too pal! If you seem to be getting hugged for no reason don't be alarmed, it's just our HL friends following instructions to give everyone hugs for us.
We are soaking up rays on the beach, but a mama's gotta do what a mama's gotta do and we'll be going to visit the kid in VA.

Duane, hope all is well with your TV and congrats on your planned daylight arrival!

MrsSouthernNights

Past South Carolina Chapter Leader
Thanks Deb have fun in the sun! Do your kid visit and be safe going home!
Mike and Ann, we miss you guys here! Pete and Deb got here awhile ago....Phil and Becky, Eric and Dorothy should be here soon! Its filling up!
50's & 60's DOO WOP TONIGHT!!! WOOOO HOOO! (jitterbugger heaven!) I just like the music!
LOTS OF BIG HORNS!!!! But I love my BIG COUNTRY!!!!!!!! :)

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
I talked with Mike for a bit yesterday. Looking at the rig up close and personal sure puts it a lot more in perspective compared to the little pictures in the post. Very impressive work.

loafer

Mike is a fabricating genius his new rig looks great I too was impressed to see it in person hard to get the jist of it withsmall pics on the net.
thunder and just starting to rain here at 2:30 pm friday. Rumour has it that Joe Biden is going to be at the Ryman tonite security will be super tight.
But we are going to have fun anyway nobody can spoil our Rally fun
Rockin at the Rally in Nashville
wish you were all here
Bill

SmokeyBare

I tried to follow up on that rumor.

Best I could find on the news web sites was he was scheduled to visit the Flood damaged Opry House. We shall see if that visit also included the Ryman Theater later in the day. Thank goodness were being bused to the theater ! Parking downtown is often difficult enough for the average vehicle... let alone our Big Boy Trucks.

Marv

porthole

Retired
Rumour has it that Joe Biden is going to be at the Ryman tonite security will be super tight.
But we are going to have fun anyway nobody can spoil our Rally fun
Rockin at the Rally in Nashville
wish you were all here
Bill

Hope its just a rumor :confused:

jimtoo

It appears it was.... he toured the new place that was damaged in the flood and as far as the staff that I talked to at the Ryman had heard that he was coming,,, but no special alert happened...... as far as we know.

Del600

Iowa Chapter Founding Father
He was the keynote speaker at last night's Democratic fundraiser......... Him and Al Gore lit up the night:rolleyes:

To everyone who had a part putting on the Nashville Rally:

Thank you for all your hard work. From the golf cart ride service to the food, everything was great. Very good seminars, especially the full timing seminar.
Of course the biggest enjoyment for Sam and I was seeing old friends and making new ones.

Thanks to everyone who came and enjoyed the rally....it wouldn't be a rally without the great Heartland People.

cdbMidland

Past Michigan Chapter Leader
Many, many thanks to Jim and his staff of volunteers, to the seminar presenters, to the vendors, to the caterers, to the great entertainment on Saturday night and especially to Heartland RVs for one great international rally. When we weren't chasing down repairs to our truck and rig, we thoroughly enjoyed this rally. Looking forward to Goshen in 2011

PSF513

We made it home about 12:30 this afternoon.

I have to agree with Southern Nights, everyone who helped did a great job. JIM BELETTI: You did a GREAT JOB! I found out while out looking around that Jim had an ulterior motive for bringing us to Nashville. Not far from the Nashville KOA was the HEARTLAND NURSING HOME. DSC00306.JPG

HowardBJr

HowardBJr
Kathy, my mother and I really enjoyed the rally. Jim and all the volunteers did a great job. We cannot wait until 2011!

With Kathy's and my mother's mobility issues we were not able to circulate as much as we would have liked. In addition we had a MAJOR problem with little Rosie our 10 year old 5# Yorkie. We just about lost her. Wednesday night she fell from the head of the air bed and hit the metal frame of the bed. She ruptured a disk in her back and was completely paralyzed. We took her to a veterinarian Thursday. He put her on steroids, pain medicine and an antibiotic. She had a bad reaction to the antibiotic Thursday night and we just about lost her Thursday night from that in addition to her total paralysis. She got to the point of only being able to use her tongue. We hand fed and hydrated her.

Debbie Clause, who does animal rescue work, was a BIG help especially in helping Kathy deal with what was going on with Rosie. Debbie make contact with her friend who helped advise us on treatments. The veterinarian said it might take 6 weeks to determine if she would get any function back if she lived.

Now to the good news. Sunday night when we returned from worship she was able to stand! She wants to walk but we are taking that slow so as not to cause more damage to her spinal column from a fall by trying to walk. She is eating and drinking and her kidneys are functioning. So it looks like she will make it. We're thankful for that. We bought our rig so that she could easily travel with us. It would be a shame if we had lost her after her being able to use "her" rig only 3 months.

A special thanks to Debbie, Don, Cindy and others who supported us during this crisis.

iforget

New Jersey Chapter Leader-retired
I just returned from spending the evening enjoying downtown Nashville. First thing, I see that Howard posted and am jumping with joy and thanks that I read such a promising post. If I could dance a jig, I would be doing that. Sweet Rosie! I am happy I was able to help Kathy and Rosie in the little way I did along with all the others. I wasnt trying to be nosey, I just felt I had to go see Kathy and see if I could help in any way. When I offer help or assistance I dont expect others to always listen but this time it ended with a great report. I coulnt even sleep without giving them my cell number..
Rosey honey, take it slow and I know mommy, daddy and grandma are keeping you well and the future looks great!! Keep us advised and know we all are thinking of you.. Enjoy your trip.... Thanks Howard for letting us know so quickly. I will rest better now.. give my love to Mom too.. YEAH!!!!!!!

Howard,

Thanks for the update on Rosie. Debbie told me about it at the rally. I was shocked and so sorry to hear it. Hopefully, she will mend and it sounds like great improvements today.

Jim