2015 Goshen Rally - Discussion Thread

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
Re: EVENT: North American Heartland Rally: IN, Goshen - 6/16/2015 to 6/21/2015

Jim, that must be what is happening. Some are getting a cashed copy if they had been in it before you updated it. When I go it is the 2/17 version. You might want to let the masses know or post the new updated one on here.

TXBobcat

Fulltime
Hello Bob! We will be neighbors, we are on 469! It will be great to see you again!
Ken & Kathy AmRhein

Hay Guys. That sounds great. I went to the list of attendees and download it to an Excel spreadsheet so I can chop it up and sort it in different ways. It shows 189 people registered.
Mr. Beletti posted a link to that list. For those that are interested I am showing it here.
https://www.regonline.com/ActiveRep...eport.aspx?rptId=1026410&EventId=wR4+TD/C/fg=

I didn't get an email either but I did know the time registration was to begin so I set my alarm, I knew the link because JB posted it earlier so when the clock struck NOON I was off. It didn't connect the first time, I may have been a bit early, but it did the second time. I was checking the locations from a list I made and had two or three taken while I was looking for the available ones. I probably completed mine in about 15min. I had to look up my Vin number also which delayed me.

It would have been helpful if I had known in advance what information was necessary before hand. Username, Password, Vin #, and such.

I know from the posts above that there are some unhappy with the results but these things happen in many things such as this. Getting tickets to a play, show or sporting event can be as problematic. You want a certain seat and when you go to click on it someone just took it 1 second before you. Yes I would have been disappointed if I could not get a site in the area I wanted, but no matter where you will be staying this is going to be a great experience.

FWIW
See ya there
BC

merrie

Hey Jim i was under the impression that we had a chance to book our site from last time. i thought it was going to be like last time you could pick where you want after priors had priority. Just would like an explanation of the process.

jbeletti

Hey Jim i was under the impression that we had a chance to book our site from last time. i thought it was going to be like last time you could pick where you want after priors had priority. Just would like an explanation of the process.

Hi merrie,

We knew two years ago that the way we've always done registration had to change as the administrative burden was just too great for the tiny staff we have. So last year, we tested a new process where attendees selected their own sites (Urbanna, VA). For the most part - this went well. We applied the learnings from that event to this one.

For over a year, online and in person, we've been up front with people that the process would be different. I apologize you were under a different impression.

For more detail on this years site selection process, visit this article on the rally portal.

davebennington

On one hand I understand wanting to be camping close to friends at the rally.

So you did not get the site that you had in the past, look at it this way strangers are friends that you have not met yet, sign up for everything go and have fun that is what is all about.

Don't forget you have several things in common with everyone else at the rally; you like camping and you own a Heartland product.

The opinions above are mine and mine alone.

dave

NWILSON

Kentucky Chapter Leaders - retired
The "Rally Portal" still says Registration for Heartland Owners Club members is NOT YET OPEN.

This should probably be corrected for those who don't frequent the site!

danemayer

The "Rally Portal" still says Registration for Heartland Owners Club members is NOT YET OPEN.

This should probably be corrected for those who don't frequent the site!

If you're clicking on a link in the Signature of some of our posts, not everyone has updated the links.

Here's the registration link. If you're not getting in, try CTRL-R to clear your browser cache.

tracks

Jim, just speaking from my experience trying to register, I had done my homework was prepared and at the computer at 12:45 PM eastern standard time. I never received a notice from Heartland Owners Club concerning registration and the items that needed for the process. At the appointed time I attempted to register and was told I had a password error on four attempts and applied for new passwords which were send instantaneously (apporx. 15-20 Min. later). When I was finally able access the registration the sites that were left had little description and little to no diagram. I for one am not willing to travel roughly 1,000 to a non-descript site for 2 weeks.

Heartland should consider another venue in Indiana which can accommodate more units, like the Northwest section at the Fairgrounds. This would seem evident from registration even to a first timer.

Heartland is good and growing company with a great future this doesn’t reflect well on the company.

Very Disappointed in the hold process!!!!!!!!

Kirk

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
We have decided not to attend this year's rally after all. This is a logistical decision and has little to do with the new rally site selection process.

jbeletti

We have decided not to attend this year's rally after all. This is a logistical decision and has little to do with the new rally site selection process.

Darn - we need that JohnDar humor :) We'll miss you and hope you can make it in 2017.

danemayer

I guess I don't understand the concerns over site selection.

We attended our first North American Rally in 2011. We registered late and were on the wait list, with the expectation of getting a site that had water and electric only - no sewer hookup. Shortly before the rally, space opened up by the racetrack with full hookup and that's where we were put.

There were a bunch of great people located all around us. Our location, while perhaps the last choice for most attendees, turned out to be fine. Our rally experience wasn't defined by the site and we had a great time.

I do get that if you have a bunch of close friends and want to get together, it's easier to be near one another. But we do have tow vehicles.

Come to the rally and have a great time - no matter where your site is located.

jbeletti

Jim, just speaking from my experience trying to register, I had done my homework was prepared and at the computer at 12:45 PM eastern standard time. I never received a notice from Heartland Owners Club concerning registration and the items that needed for the process. At the appointed time I attempted to register and was told I had a password error on four attempts and applied for new passwords which were send instantaneously (apporx. 15-20 Min. later). When I was finally able access the registration the sites that were left had little description and little to no diagram. I for one am not willing to travel roughly 1,000 to a non-descript site for 2 weeks.

Heartland should consider another venue in Indiana which can accommodate more units, like the Northwest section at the Fairgrounds. This would seem evident from registration even to a first timer.

Heartland is good and growing company with a great future this doesn’t reflect well on the company.

Very Disappointed in the hold process!!!!!!!!

Kirk

Hi Kirk,

Sorry you won't be joining us this year. You're frustration has been heard.

For anyone reading this,

With regard to the rally venue, it's been important to me and to attendees in the past to be close to Heartland and the supplier base for the benefits that brings to the rally (service work, aftermarket product installations, factory tours, RVMH exhibit tours, Amish Country and more).

As this rally has grown, the venue we've been using since 2006 has not kept up with our growth. As organizers, we need to weigh the value of holding this rally in Elkhart County with the benefit of a more traditional campground. As we've surveyed the area - very little comes up in terms of campgrounds where we can secure 300 sites (preferrably all 50 amp FHU).

Elkhart Campground was considered. Issue there is that their indoor space is too small for this size of rally. Sure, we could rent some tents but I feel the heat may be too oppressive under a tent and rented air conditioning costs between $10k-$20k. I even considered having camping at Elkhart Campground and having all meals, seminars and entertainment at the RVMH a few miles away. Pros and Cons.....

I wish the solution was as simple as just picking another campground. The reality is that there are many factors that go into venue decisions for rallies like this.

This all said, I will gladly accept feedback from anyone who knows of a facility that could host this rally. Kindly email me (click on my username) your ideas. For reference, what I'd look for, "ideally":
  • 300 campsites that are all 50 amp power water and sewer. Preferably on gravel or paved pads
  • Free Wifi
  • An air-conditioned building that we can use as our rally hall that will hold 650 people with space for food buffets and a stage
  • Another indoor space that can be used for our Marketplace
  • Another indoor space (prefer air conditioned) that can be used as a second room for seminars and presentations
  • A suitable outdoor space that can be used for show coaches and a few outdoor vendors
  • 60 minutes or or closer to Elkhart, Indiana so we can
    - continue to offer complimentary minor service work
    - continue to get suppliers and mfrs to the rally to put on technical seminars
I provide the above to all - not to be flippant at all, but only to help everyone wrap their head around the items that need to be considered prior to shooting me your venue nominations.

Thanks to all for your understanding and thanks in advance to anyone who knows of and can nominate a venue that can work for this growing event.

2psnapod1

Texas-South Chapter Leader-Retired
Hi Kirk,

Sorry you won't be joining us this year. You're frustration has been heard.

For anyone reading this,

With regard to the rally venue, it's been important to me and to attendees in the past to be close to Heartland and the supplier base for the benefits that brings to the rally (service work, aftermarket product installations, factory tours, RVMH exhibit tours, Amish Country and more).

As this rally has grown, the venue we've been using since 2006 has not kept up with our growth. As organizers, we need to weigh the value of holding this rally in Elkhart County with the benefit of a more traditional campground. As we've surveyed the area - very little comes up in terms of campgrounds where we can secure 300 sites (preferrably all 50 amp FHU).

Elkhart Campground was considered. Issue there is that their indoor space is too small for this size of rally. Sure, we could rent some tents but I feel the heat may be too oppressive under a tent and rented air conditioning costs between $10k-$20k. I even considered having camping at Elkhart Campground and having all meals, seminars and entertainment at the RVMH a few miles away. Pros and Cons.....

I wish the solution was as simple as just picking another campground. The reality is that there are many factors that go into venue decisions for rallies like this.

This all said, I will gladly accept feedback from anyone who knows of a facility that could host this rally. Kindly email me (click on my username) your ideas. For reference, what I'd look for, "ideally":
  • 300 campsites that are all 50 amp power water and sewer. Preferably on gravel or paved pads
  • Free Wifi
  • An air-conditioned building that we can use as our rally hall that will hold 650 people with space for food buffets and a stage
  • Another indoor space that can be used for our Marketplace
  • Another indoor space (prefer air conditioned) that can be used as a second room for seminars and presentations
  • A suitable outdoor space that can be used for show coaches and a few outdoor vendors
  • 60 minutes or or closer to Elkhart, Indiana so we can
    - continue to offer complimentary minor service work
    - continue to get suppliers and mfrs to the rally to put on technical seminars
I provide the above to all - not to be flippant at all, but only to help everyone wrap their head around the items that need to be considered prior to shooting me your venue nominations.

Thanks to all for your understanding and thanks in advance to anyone who knows of and can nominate a venue that can work for this growing event.

Don't forget an indoor, air-conditioned space for Leisure Time Activities too! ;-)

jbeletti

I will be offline until tonight (Sunday) to respond to rally questions.

Time to pack, hitch and head out from MS and relocate to Nashville, TN. We'll hold their until we can get into our subdivision and up the driveway (ice)