2015 Goshen Rally - Discussion Thread

greatheron

MD Chapter Member
Can anyone tell me how the Draft Horse SITES are numbered? Is site #1 to the north, with site #7 to the south, or vice versa?

clubmgr

Heartland Owners Club Manager
Staff member
Can anyone tell me how the Draft Horse SITES are numbered? Is site #1 to the north, with site #7 to the south, or vice versa?

Draft Horse sites are number 1 to 7 North to South. See the Draft Horse map in this Rally Portal article.

Last edited by a moderator:

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Is anyone taking over the "Babies Wrapped in Love" program at the rally? Although we've decided not to attend this year, we have several crocheted blankets and hats we'd like to send for the cause.

jbeletti

Is anyone taking over the "Babies Wrapped in Love" program at the rally? Although we've decided not to attend this year, we have several crocheted blankets and hats we'd like to send for the cause.

John - yes, Judi Barnett took this over in 2014 and is continuing with it in 2015. Here's a link to the HBB thread.

shovelguy

Are there any arrangements being made for a carpet cleaning service to be available during the rally? We used that service during the last Goshen rally and I would sure like to have it available again this time. Hint hint!!

jbeletti

Are there any arrangements being made for a carpet cleaning service to be available during the rally? We used that service during the last Goshen rally and I would sure like to have it available again this time. Hint hint!!

Yes! Tyson Carpet Cleaning will be back :)

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Jim - I know you are busy at Elkhart this week but hopefully you will have contact with Lippert about their specials sometime during the week. A nug - will they offer the underchassis storage boxes this time. Would love to get another one - hint hint. Thanks

jbeletti

Jim - I know you are busy at Elkhart this week but hopefully you will have contact with Lippert about their specials sometime during the week. A nug - will they offer the underchassis storage boxes this time. Would love to get another one - hint hint. Thanks

Lippert's specials doc is due to me by 31-Mar. So just hang on :)

porthole

Retired
Wash & wax?

They did a real nice job with the wash last rally. Even got all the black marks off from the slide seal.
Would have been even better if they came back to wax - and get paid :rolleyes:

porthole

Retired
Jim - when you work out the service requests, would you consider requests for ordering parts?

I know awnings are one of the items that are specifically listed as a not approved request. I think by this summer I will need a new awning and I would like to be able to get the proper replacement. Perhaps maybe a mobile repair outfit as well to do repairs that eh factory guys can't make happen?

I need a J-wrap for a slide as well, and that as we all know is not a vendor item (and I have seen that item replaced by the crew at Goshen).

jbeletti

Jim - when you work out the service requests, would you consider requests for ordering parts?

I know awnings are one of the items that are specifically listed as a not approved request. I think by this summer I will need a new awning and I would like to be able to get the proper replacement. Perhaps maybe a mobile repair outfit as well to do repairs that eh factory guys can't make happen?

I need a J-wrap for a slide as well, and that as we all know is not a vendor item (and I have seen that item replaced by the crew at Goshen).

Duane - yes, I'll get with Jim and Sean to see if they're okay with customers pre-ordering/pre-paying parts to be fulfilled "at the rally" for self-install.

Note too that the local Elkhart dealer for Heartland is Tiara RV and they have some service capabilities back at their shop on SR 19 in Elkhart, just north of I-80. My plan is to push out something to registered rally attendees with contact info for Tiara and I'll endeavor to include Heartland parts ordering in that.

jbeletti

Wash & wax?

They did a real nice job with the wash last rally. Even got all the black marks off from the slide seal.
Would have been even better if they came back to wax - and get paid :rolleyes:

Duane - do you mean AALL Brite - the wash crew? I just received confirmation from them that they WILL work our rally.

murry135

New York Chapter Leaders - retired
JB,

When I was in Elkhart last Spring ChargerRV was interested in being part of our Rally. They expressed interest in being solicited for our National Rally and may donate supplies or service. Have you ever heard of them and if you need there contact info I can find my business card from them. They are located in Elkhart and they did me a solid when I was in a predicament.

JM