2017 Goshen Rally - Heartland Baby Blessings (HBB) & Heartland Hats & Hugs (HHH)

anjoro

I wish we could join everyone in Goshen, but we have taken a WorkKamper assignment in Utah May 1 to Sept 30th. It's a new adventure for us, never tried working while we travel around. Have you guys tried it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T337A using Tapatalk

VKTalley

Re: 2017 Goshen Rally - Heartland Baby Blessings (HBB) & Heartland Hats & Hugs (HHH)

I wish we could join everyone in Goshen, but we have taken a WorkKamper assignment in Utah May 1 to Sept 30th. It's a new adventure for us, never tried working while we travel around. Have you guys tried it.

Talk to Kelly Barnett (2psnapod1). She and her husband are workcamping in Utah this summer.

JJnVA

JoAnn, We have not tried it but Valerie gave you a good contact with the other Barnetts (not relatives but great people!) We have friends here in Virginia who workKamp for the state parks in Florida and Virginia and they LOVE doing it! Enjoy your time in Utah, we so enjoyed exploring there in 2012..... and hope to see you at future rallies. Will stay in touch with you about your baby blessings.

anjoro

I'm trying to figure out how to find Kelly Barnett but not b having any luck . Search didn't work.

anjoro

Many thanks. I'll watch for her. Don't understand what I'm doing wrong.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
I wish we could join everyone in Goshen, but we have taken a WorkKamper assignment in Utah May 1 to Sept 30th. It's a new adventure for us, never tried working while we travel around.

You are gonna love Utah!

ProwlerUtahOverlook-P1020087.jpg
In Utah on our way to the 2016 National HOC Rally in Vegas

2psnapod1

Texas-South Chapter Leader-Retired
Good morning! Wow! What a great way to wake up in the morning...having a message asking for assistance! Thanks, Val!

Hi JoAnn! Where in Utah will you be working? We worked at Anderson Cove Campground in Huntsville (just east of Ogden) last summer and enjoyed it enough to do it again this summer. I'm assuming you'll be working for American Land & Leisure at one of their parks?

We enjoyed the work as it got us out and about and we really enjoyed interacting with the campers out in the campground or in the store on premises. We really enjoyed the area as it's gorgeous but more importantly our oldest son and his family are just 25 miles away.

What kind of questions do you have? Perhaps you can send me a private message or an email (2psnapod1@gmail.com) so that we aren't hijacking this thread.

Looking forward to hearing from you!

jbeletti

Hello Heartlanders! We're 1 day away from launching registration for this rally and 105 days from the start of the rally. There's plenty of time for you to purchase and/or make something to donate to two worthy causes to benefit those in need in the Elkhart County area.

A link has been added at the bottom of post #1 of this thread, to the Heartland Gives Back article on the rally website. Follow that link to learn more about how you can get involved.

VKTalley

Hi everyone! We are a short THREE months away from our National Rally!

I'm curious on what people are sewing, crocheting, knitting or buying for the blessing projects! Due to working on several crochet projects for the Prayer Shawl ministry that I am part of in Alabama, my contributions will be sewn items this year. I found a really cute bib project that is simple to sew and will make a great item for a baby. I'll post a picture of it later. Looking forward to seeing what our awesome Heartland family is going to do this year!

Hi Jim,
Thanks for responding so quickly. I will watch for the email in May. For now I will continue knitting. Looking forward to meeting you in June.
Heather

jbeletti

Hi Jim,
Thanks for responding so quickly. I will watch for the email in May. For now I will continue knitting. Looking forward to meeting you in June.
Heather
Heather - thank you for all your knitting! The turn in will be a sort of a celebration, presentation and luncheon for donors. It will be a fun time.

JJnVA

Re: 2017 Goshen Rally - Heartland Baby Blessings (HBB) & Heartland Hats & Hugs (HHH)

Hi everyone! We are a short THREE months away from our National Rally!

I'm curious on what people are sewing, crocheting, knitting or buying for the blessing projects! Due to working on several crochet projects for the Prayer Shawl ministry that I am part of in Alabama, my contributions will be sewn items this year. I found a really cute bib project that is simple to sew and will make a great item for a baby. I'll post a picture of it later. Looking forward to seeing what our awesome Heartland family is going to do this year!

Wonderful to hear from you, Val, and that you have a cute bib project going for the babies in Elkhart County. Two years ago, there were a bunch of really easy to sew burb cloths donated. Burb cloths are another item that is always welcome. Thanks for all you do.

- - - Updated - - -

Hi Jim,
Heather

Appreciate your keen interest and creating baby blessings for this special Heartland Gives Back initiative, Heather. You are definitely on our email list for the luncheon invite! (FYI: All Rally registrants will receive the email invitation & request for RSVP later this Spring)
Will see you in Goshen! Judi

Bones

I have Very good used bibs that we had made awhile ago. Are they acceptable or are only new items requested?

bibs.jpg

They were made by a local lady around us. TZ Burps