Any 3670RL owners here?

simsfmly

Ohio Chapter Leaders-retired
Can't find many reviews online of the Bighorn 3670RL. Looking VERY HARD at a 2013.

Any input?

danemayer

Hi simsfmly,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. You'll find a lot of useful information here along with a great bunch of people who are willing to share their knowledge and experiences. You'll also find lots of opportunities to build friendships and to join other Heartland owners at local, regional and national rallies.

Bighorns are very popular and I'm sure some 3670RL owners will offer their informal reviews shortly.

hogan

Past Mississippi Chapter Leader (Founding)
Hello to the Simsfmly of SD. We much enjoyed your state a couple of months ago. Wish we could have stayed longer. We have owned a 2011 3670 RL for nearly two years now. The floor plan and mucho storage was just what my boss was looking for. We have not regretted our purchase; have spent 11 of 12 months in the rig since we bought it; mostly nice weather but have been in some cold weather as well and found it very comfortable. The newer 3670 has that larger shower which we would love to have. And now the full paint is an option that is nice. Unless you plan to stay in the cooler climes, I would recommend the 2nd A/C and wish I had opted for the units with heat pump. The only downside we have found with our unit is when we have stay -over guests; the bed pretty much uses all the floor space in the living area; but that does not happen that often. Go for it.

Doxylady

We have had ours for 2+ years now and for the most part we love it. We live in it full time and travel when we can. (we both still do that dirty four letter word-work) But we wanted to get used to living in it to see if we could do it without killing each other. So far so good :) The only issue we are having right now is that along the seams of the slides it isn't sealed very well and exposed wood flooring is getting wet when it rains and starting to flake (and grow mushrooms, which is what drew our attention to the problem) So DH is currently trying to stop the damage by sealing it with some sealant and trim on the edges. Hope it works! We love the new front living room floor plan of the 3655 (I think) and that will probably be our next one. That kind of gets the issue of the bed out of the way as well. I think you'll enjoy it.

codycarver

Founding Wyoming Chapter Leader-retired
We've had ours for two years also and LOVE IT!!!! wouldn't trade even for anything else we've seen since buying it. We aren't crazy about the changes to the bed/ bathroom area (just our humble opinion)

If I had it it to do over I would get the level-up, electric cord reel, 2nd A/C, and the dual pane windows.

When you finally decide to buy your Big Horn consider joining the owners club and joining us at some rallies.:)

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
We're into our fourth summer season with our 2009 BH3670. We spend two to three weeks at a time in it on a seasonal site in northern Michigan. It's about as perfect as we can get it. I've done a number of mods and improvements to it. The floor plan is one of the best, in our opinion, especially for the manner we use it.

rick_debbie_gallant

We can't say enough about the 3670. This is our 4th year with ours. We winter in Texas on the gulf in ROCKPORT. Stay 5 to 6 months. We looked at other heartland models but really like the 3670!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RollingHome

simsfmly, The reason you can't find any reviews is because you're doing the wrong search. Look under NIRVANA... HERE'S WHAT IT MEANS : "The word literally means "blown out" (as in a candle) and refers, in the Buddhist context, to the imperturbable stillness of mind after the fires of desire, aversion, and delusion have been finally extinguished". In camper or RV lingo, it translates into... It doesn't get any better than this :). If you were my brother, sister or even my father in law... Okay hold it right there... I'd tell you STOP searchin and just go buy one. This is the only way you'll get to Nirvana :rolleyes:

back2nature

We've had 3670RL a little over 1-1/2 yrs. Love it. The main reason we chose it was because of the kitchen. You can't beat it for countertop and cabinet storage. It's more like home with that layout. When you compare rv's (for instance mid-profiles or some other brands), open all the cabinets and look inside. Are they full cabinets all the way inside, or do they just go in a few inches behind the door? The 3670's cabinets are large, lots of storage, even the closets.

Since we bought ours at the end of 2010, Heartland has made a few changes, i.e. the bathroom and entertainment center, and a bit more room between the bed and dresser, so picking out the latest model today, would look slightly different. We have just recently sold our house, so we are full timing in our BigHorn for quite a while. Our unit has been great. Except for a very few minor things, that can mostly be fixed by yourself, we have had no problems at all. We wouldn't trade it for anything else we've seen at Rv shows. If, down line, we feel the need to get something different, I'm sure it would be another Heartland. (no, I know of would be another Heartland).

We love our BH 3670.

K

karykatz

Simsfmly,

the 3670 has been one of our top selling floor plans for 5 years. You will love the layout. We hope you will soon join the Heartland RV Family.

jbeletti

Hi simsfamily,

Thank you for your interest in Heartland RVs and specifically, the BH 3670 RL. Wow - what a coach! Do you want/need a large kitchen with unparalleled storage? If so, the 3670 may be exactly what you're looking for.

I saw your post on RV.net too. Looks like you're getting decent feedback there and you'll get the same here. If you have more specific questions about Heartland, about Bighorn or about the 3670, ask them right here in your very own thread and thousands of product owners will give you their honest appraisal.

Hope we earn your business, make you part of the Heartland family and later, a member of the Heartland Owners Club. As I type this, I am sitting in my Heartland unit after a large potluck breakfast we just had here near Hopkins, MI at the Michigan state chapter rally.

Nancy and I too thoroughly enjoyed our time in your state of South Dakota, following our big North American rally held in Gillette, WY in June.

Best of luck in your search for the best coach for you!

Jim Beletti
President, Heartland Owners Club

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
Ditto, to what Laurie said. We love the layout of our 3670. Trace

Last edited:

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
OK, bottom line is that there is no BETTER floorplan out there than the 3670 (or it's pricier cousin, the Augusta). If them's fighiting words for owners of other "lesser" floorplans, bring it on! ;)

rjr6150

Simsfamily
You might consider attending the CO. Rally September 21-23. There will be at least four of these units there. Windish Rv will also be sponsoring a cookout Saturday evening. I'm sure you would receive some great feedback from these owners.

simsfmly

Ohio Chapter Leaders-retired
Thanks to all for your feedback. Deposit is down, paperwork getting done. Banks willing, we'll be in the game sometime this week!

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
OK, bottom line is that there is no BETTER floorplan out there than the 3670 (or it's pricier cousin, the Augusta). If them's fighiting words for owners of other "lesser" floorplans, bring it on! ;)

Or it's less costly cousin, ElkRidge 34QSRL. ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

StephenKatSea

We are well into our second year enjoying our 3670. We spend almost 6 months a year in it, in 30 day segments. With almost no exceptions, it has been great. It is currently on a permanent site on the Colorado River/Lake Havasu area. We see intense summer temps and some cool winter periods. It has done very well in both the heat and cooler temps. Our model does not have dual pane windows or the second a/c. Our site only has 30 amp service. So, we've installed a 'top of the line', Solerus/free standing a/c in the Master BR closet. The hot air discharge of this unit is ducted to the OD forward side and exits thru a vent assembly, identical to the stove vent. We are able to run the roof and bedroom units at the same time, on our limited 30 amp service. It is far beyond an unsightly window a/c hanging off the side of our RV. We just slide the closet door open and have ample cool air, even in the 110 degree plus summer periods. We've given up some closet space. But for us, IT WORKS.

codycarver

Founding Wyoming Chapter Leader-retired
Thanks to all for your feedback. Deposit is down, paperwork getting done. Banks willing, we'll be in the game sometime this week!

Well...that is great news!!! Congratulations. When will you have it? Amy and I (and tucker too) will be in Hill City at Palmer Gulch Resort http://koa.com/campgrounds/mount-rushmore/ next Friday the 30th, we'd love to see it and meet you folks and as Randy or Kathy mentioned the Colorado rally is next month and we'll be there too.