BH3670-suggested dealers, options

labbysmom

Greetings all,
We are now ready to buy our Bighorn 3670. We plan to buy in the USA and either go and pick it up or have it shipped to the Blaine Border as we live in the Vancouver BC area.

We've seen http://www.lakeshore-rv.com/on the web and they seem quite reasonable in their pricing. Has anyone dealt with them?

We are pretty sure of what options we want, but not sure what the pillow option is?
We will add toppers on all slides and want to have the auto levelers installed.

What are your thoughts on the generator prep and the dual pane windows?

We would appreciate any and all comments.

Thanks!

2010augusta

The pillow set is just that, a set of decorative pillows for the bed that take up space, we ditched all the pillow and the factory bed spread, in favor of our own stuff.

The dual pane windows are great, and definitely worth it if you are ever going to be in very hot or cold areas, and they cut down on outside noise too.

The generator prep is good IF you ever want to install a generator, it includes some electrical goodies that are rather hard to install after assembly, we opted for the factory generator too. Have not used it much, but it is nice to have the on-board generator.

boatdoc

There's a jim-dandy holdover 09' at Stalcups RV in Wyoming. I book marked it for some freinds but they can't pull the trigger right now. It's mighty close to ours and we couldn't think of anything more to add. Looking at todays prices I don't know if the newer ones are any better for the price for this one. Look at the extra's. Ebay # 380188668590

boatdoc

Just looked at it again, heck it's got a massive fridge and I thought ours was big. Dual Panes,Gen prep, trail-air pin box, lot's of extras.:D It's also the earlier one where they left the front closet alone and didn't take away some of the dresser drawers to accomadate the W/D. This one is where the W/D face East/West instead of the newer North/South.

labbysmom

Thanks boatdoc. Not sure about the interior colour though. That was going to be my next question. The brochure we have makes the Emerald Patina look very nice but when I saw the colour in photos I think there is too much green for me. I'm looking for something rather bland;)
Thanks rick and debbie and augusta regarding the pillow option, we'll opt out. We always buy with the resale in mind so I think the dual pane windows and gen prep would be a good thing.
Are any windows changed because of the dual panes? I ask as our 05 Cardinal lost its bed side open windows with dual panes.

Diane

Trillium

We got the Pillow option on our 3670 and never used it. We used our own bedding which is much more comfortable.

The slide toppers we did not get. It seems 50 per cent of people are for them and 50 per cent are not. Our concern was flapping noise in high winds, drooping and water pooling during rain causing people to come up with ingenius ways to prop them up and then you have to remember to take these things out from under the toppers before retracting the slides. Cleaning the toppers with four slides was another issue as well as cost to replace due to normal wear or unfortunate tear.

We got the 2nd A/C which we never had to use in Canada. But our thoughts were it would come in handy if we travel to the southern states in the summer and if the main A/C should fail at least you have the other A/C to at least remove the humidity to make it bearable to sleep at night.

We have the single door fridge and wish we had bought the two door fridge.

We were going to purchase our 3670 from Michigan RV but in the end were able to shop their price with a local dealer. We thought it was better to have a local dealer to take care of warrenty issues rather than have that dealer upset that we purchased elsewhere and possibly put us at the end of his priority list when having to get any warenty repairs done.

If the local dealer cannot come close to Michigan RV"s price then by all means it"s your money and you want the best deal. But you should be fair and honest with your local dealer. No harm in letting them know what kind of deal you can get from Michigan RV but you should compare fairly. By that I mean you should add to the Michigan RV price all costs you would incur to get the trailer to your door. (add exhange rate,shipping costs,RIV fees, A/C tax,inspection fee etc.). Then determine what value a local dealer would be to you for service. If the price difference is say 1000 to 1500 dollars then it may be worth it to deal with your local dealer. I know you did not ask for this and I hope you don"t mind that I added this as something to consider.

We are very happy with our 3670.

airedale

new unit.....

bot my 3044 from gary at lakeshore rv and would drive the 4500 miles to do it again.....best price...nice people......love my dual pane windows.....no condensation on the cool mornings......had a genny factory installed in mine because of ..........****, i dont know......i guess if you're in rv parks all the time, you could do without.........this is the fourth unit in a row i've had one in and would not be without........fireplace is nice.....power rear jacks are nice.....forget the pillows.......and most of all......enjoy the unit.....cheers

Rickhansen

Hey Labbysmom,
We bought our 3670 through Lakeshore RV almost exactly 2 years ago. We dealt with John and had a successful deal that came off pretty cleanly. We did the deal through phone and by email, and had the rig delivered (very reasonably) to us in North Carolina. The only lacking with that setup was a non-existent PDI. This was not a problem, as we've had no warranty issues, and I would fix the minor stuff myself even if I was 10 miles from a dealer.

As for must haves - I would go with dual-pane windows (which I did not), and front A/C (which I did). We got Slide Toppers. I would recommend them, and I don't think when you consider your time, that you could install them any cheaper than getting them from the factory. We did not exercise the "pillow option" I figured that Wally-World was just down the road, had better selection, and way better prices. All of the rest of the trimmings come down to price, preference, price, intended use, and price. We have many other options I wouldn't do without, but may not suit your needs.

Good Luck on your purchase decisions and dealer choice. I don't think you'll go wrong with the rig anyway, but I'm kinda' partial myself.

geeksrus

Do your self a favour, pick it up at the dealer so you can have a thorough PDI. IMHO: this is a mandatory step. Also stay in the area for a few days while you check everything & if something is amiss you can return to the dealer for correction.

Eh!

skyguy

One other thing I will mention... you can save $$$ and put a bigger LCD TV in the bedroom if you DIY

labbysmom

BH 3670 - what colour interior do you have?

Hi
I'd love to hear from you on your interior colour choice.

Thanks
Diane

Gaffer

Emerald

Try to see all the colors in person. We didn't find any of them that we really liked but we ordered the Emerald Patina because we liked it best.

wdk450

Lcd tv/dvd

One other thing I will mention... you can save $$$ and put a bigger LCD TV in the bedroom if you DIY

An LCD TV with a built in DVD player doesn't cost that more than a regular one, and saves on footprint and wiring. I don't think Heartland offers this for the bedroom.

rckc228

If you are going to add allot of options , you might look into the landmark and you will get the 12" frame.

2010augusta

If you are going to add allot of options , you might look into the landmark and you will get the 12" frame.

I believe the 3670 and the Landmark Augusta share the same 12" frame, atleast mine still has the sticker that shows it is for both the Big Horn 3670RL and the LM Augusta. but the reat of the upgrade on the Landmark are very nice.

airedale

if you do go with lakeshore and decide to pick it up yourself......they have 4 serviced concrete pads they will let you camp on till you're comfortable with your orientation and PDI......and hwy #2 is the only way to come home.....just head north to the big bridge then turn left.......cheers

Bobby A

Try to see all the colors in person. We didn't find any of them that we really liked but we ordered the Emerald Patina because we liked it best.

That was our color of choice also, wasn't sure if I would like it because I'm not particularly fond of green, but we viewed another trailer with the Emerald Patina Decor and liked it, not that much green, So we ordered ours with that decor.

Boca_Shuffles

If you are ordering the unit from the factory:
Check if electric tank heaters are an option on the Big Horn.
On the 2010 units, the Godiva color scheme got you the leatherette recliners for free. (The Godiva scheme is a tan creme colored upholstery rather than the white in pictures.)
Electric cord reel might be a good option for days when the cold temperature makes the regular cable stiff.

Have fun!!