BH3670-suggested dealers, options

boatdoc

If you don't mind the Patina, that one at Stalcup is a steal with all those upgrades. When we looked it was between the Patina and Camel and we came up with the Camel. We bought off the lot and it had many upgrades. We really didn't think we needed or wanted them all but we're sure glad we got them.

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
That is a fantastic price! I don't like green either, but I might be able to live with it for that price!
Kristy

labbysmom

regarding the head banger shelves

It seems the 2011 have no shelves bedside. What do others do with their reading glasses upon lights out without the threat of stepping on them?

wdk450

My Options Recommendations

Greetings all,
We are now ready to buy our Bighorn 3670. We plan to buy in the USA and either go and pick it up or have it shipped to the Blaine Border as we live in the Vancouver BC area.

We've seen http://www.lakeshore-rv.com/on the web and they seem quite reasonable in their pricing. Has anyone dealt with them?

We are pretty sure of what options we want, but not sure what the pillow option is?
We will add toppers on all slides and want to have the auto levelers installed.

What are your thoughts on the generator prep and the dual pane windows?

We would appreciate any and all comments.

Thanks!

If you can come up with the extra funds, and are ordering a unit to be built at the factory, I would strongly recommend upgrading the pinbox and suspension/brakes. Here is my list in order of preference:
1) MorRide or Airborne Pinbox
2)MorRide Center Point or Independent Suspension System
3) Hydraulic Disk Brakes

I believe Lippert/MorRide can do this while the stock frame is being built in their plant.

BTW, there is an area on this website on Bighorn modifications in which people have easily built small bedside shelves. Or, use the search function on the website.

boatdoc

Please make sure of the bedroom front closet/dresser area. I think in the 10's they changed this to make the washer/dryer North/ South accessible instead of thru the closet. Great if you plan on a W/D but bad if you wanted to keep the dresser and overhead the same as seen in the earlier units and brochure. I recall some sad faces when this change was made and ordered units were not what was depicted. But there are some things that come changed from H/L that are great improvements such as the front door closet/cabinet that was added on a line change.

rick_debbie_gallant

In the 3670 plan, stove and counter alcove, is there a plug anywhere?

yes. there is a plug under neath the cabinet, not on the wall but under the cabinet. There is also one inside the cabinet for the micro/convection oven.

The set up in my 2010 3670 has the w/d in the closet on the starboard side. I believe it is intended for the front of the w/d to face towards the door rather than having it face to the port side of the closet. Confused? I am.

Anyway, we found that a small chest freezer was of better use than a w/d. so that is what we have, a small chest freezer.

boatdoc

Rick/Debbie,
Yes, In our 09' 3670 the w/d are designed to point to the port side, not back towards the bedroom. To do this arrangment they had to take away the farthest forward dresser drawers and overhead cupboard, which I beleive upset some people that saw the 09's and ordered one and when delivered they were missing the extra cabinets they saw in the 09's.OPPS We use the area the same as you do, for a small AC/DC Fridge/freeze. Works out great!!
Happy New Year

rick_debbie_gallant

Never thought about doing an ac/dc. Our is strictly ac. I have an ac/dc that I took out of our sailboat before I sold it. Thinkin about putting it in the basement of our rig. I know there is lots of room.:)

labbysmom

more questions.....

Thank you all for your input. This forum has been extremely helpful. Unfortunately we are still waffling about the colour choice. We see that Heartland has introduced a new colour Truffle but don't like the couch. We had sortof settled on the Godiva if we could have a cloth couch in place of the leather, or have cloth recliners in place of the leather but aparantly we can't. So back to the photos on the net and now think the Saddle will be the next choice....with the cherry wood interior. It seems to go best with the brownish red toned vinyl thats installed now. Our only Heartland dealer near us has no 2011's and only 2008 and 09's so we can't judge by those.
We bounced back to the Patina as in some photos the green was very nice but other photos show the green very vibrant, and the chairs looked like they were covered in a satin fabric?
If anyone has photos they could send or advice, we'll gladly take it!
Also, we like the small closet the older models had, does anyone know if the factory could add one? (these were between the door and the dinette).

Thanks so much~
Diane and Mark