Charleston latest

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Lin & I returned from playing tourist today and noticed the arrival of a Big Country from New York. Trailer plate says RVGYPSY. They are also HOC members. We'll try to make contact tomorrow. A Sundance has been here for a few days but we never see anyone around. I have to drop off an HOC card.
Our day was spent at Boone Hall Plantation. There was a re-enactment of the Battle of Secessionville. LINK HERE It included an encampment and loads of interesting things to see. A lot of history here. It's surprising the role slavery played in the building of our Nation. A real eye opener.

Ray LeTourneau

We moved down into FL yesterday and are now in Ocala Sun RV Resort. Nice place so far. Lots of Heartland products here too! I haven't done a complete inventory but so far, including us, there are 4 Bighorns, 2 Big Countrys, 1 Sundance and 1 Greystone. It's a mini rally!!

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Ray - isn't Boone Hall fun?!!! When we used to live in the Charleston area, I taught horseback riding lessons there for the Pony Club. If you have time, run up to Middleton and Magnolia Gardens on Hwy 61. The House at Middleton is wonderful and the gardens are nice but at this time of year not bluming. If you like history, run up to North Charleston to the Naval station to see the CSS Hunley. It's open only on the weekends and the last time we were there, they still have re-enactors there quarding the boat. Have fun.

Birchwood

We visted the Boone Hall Plantation in early November and enjoyed the experience .There was a Heartland Rally (SC)
at Charleston during the time of our visit but we were staying at another park.

Ray LeTourneau

We were there for the Charleston Rally. Great time for sure.
Nathan, we missed the Hunley. We didn't find out about it till the day before we left the area. We did have a good time though. The area is rich with history. We toured Ft. Sumter and that was pretty interesting. They don't give you much time there though. We barely made it into the museum area before getting the call to board the boat. They give you an hour total and 15 minutes of that are taken up by a talk by the Park Ranger. Still a good experience.
When we went through Boone Hall, I asked about the restoration of the cotton gin. If it was a work in progress, was there a target date? The tour guide said "as soon as we find a donor with a few million dollars".:eek:

traveler44

When we first got the Bighorn I would see others in parks that we stopped at either on the way or sometimes where we were staying around Fl. I was so excited to see fellow Heartlanders that I would go over and knock and ask them if they were on the forum and introduce myself. I found out after awhile that many folks that have Heartland products don't belong to the club or have ever been on the forum. Some dealers must not encourage their clients to join because some folks never even heard of it.