Diesel lower than Gas

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
Thank you sir. I think it will be enough for a day as well. Lol. It was difficult convincing the DW we needed it though. What sealed the deal was the bed cover so she doesn't have to look at it all the time and the fact we won't look like a farmer going down the road with a pump sticking up out of the bed. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Convincing the DW it is the hardest part of the deal. Convinced her about the additional tank and now she loves the fact that we do not need to stress over refueling while the fifth wheel is hooked up. Convinced her about the TPMS and Goodyear G614. Now, she doesn't even give it a thought. Upgrading to a new Bluetooth/NAV system in the truck, I'm sure she's going to love that also. Toying around with the idea of eliminating some emissions and adding a tuner. That is becoming a little tougher sell. I'm still working on her though.

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
It is amazing that California stations are remaining competitive with other states on the current lower priced fuel. Their fuel is taxed to death by the state.

Here is a map of fuel tax by state. Trace

Attachments

• UsaTaxMapApril2014.jpg
    UsaTaxMapApril2014.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 35

TXTiger

And now that prices have come down the state is collecting less $$$ and they want to raise the amount of tax per gallon to increase revenue.

jassson007

Founding Louisiana Chapter Leaders-Retired
Convincing the DW it is the hardest part of the deal. Convinced her about the additional tank and now she loves the fact that we do not need to stress over refueling while the fifth wheel is hooked up. Convinced her about the TPMS and Goodyear G614. Now, she doesn't even give it a thought. Upgrading to a new Bluetooth/NAV system in the truck, I'm sure she's going to love that also. Toying around with the idea of eliminating some emissions and adding a tuner. That is becoming a little tougher sell. I'm still working on her though.

Exactly. Know what ya mean. Lol. We have the ford Nav so no need there and I was planning on the EGR delete before my 08 gave up on me. Now I can't do anything to this truck for atleast 6 years. Lol. Good luck with Miss Ginger on that one. Lol

jnbhobe

I also have a 37 gallon tank. You are going to love it. 39 gal + 37 gal. More than I need for what I travel daily. That's 800+ miles. Merry Christmas to you.

I told you that you would love the tank Jamie, I just pulled the 60 gal out so I could put it in the new truck.

pegmikef

. . . and back to fuel prices . . . $2.99 at Sam's Club here in San Angelo and ranging from $3.10 to $3.29 around town.

jassson007

Founding Louisiana Chapter Leaders-Retired
Well got tank in and filled up for little over $165 both tanks. Paid $2.85 gallon which is lowest I have seen but have been told it is $2.59 and hour north of us.

AAdams

Just checked the Gas Buddy app and it shows that Diesel in Rockport TX is running 2.999 to 3.499/ gallon. Looks like the prices are starting to drop...