EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: CA, Buellton * - 10/15/2010 to 10/17/2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: CA, Buellton - 10/15/2010 to 10/17/2010

Larry,

My name is Tom and my wife is Colleen and we would like to sign up for the fall rally. We live just south of you in Oceanside and plan to arrive Friday evening and leave Sunday afternoon. I will e-mail you at the address on the map page with my contact info.

jimtoo

Hi Tom and Colleen,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and Family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed.

I'm sure you will enjoy your first Heartland Rally. Be prepared to eat good and meet some really great people, and make lots of good friends.

Enjoy the forum and if you have questions,, just ask, someone will help you.

Jim M

Larryheadhunter

X-Rookies Still Luving it

Welcome sandman, Marty and Theresa, and their aunt and uncle, Don and Judy, as well as our new friends to the HL Forum, Tom and Collen from Oceanside. Tom, please create a signature with your rig type, dogs etc. so you are not so mysterious! LOL. Anyway, we are now up to 18 rigs, and hope to beat the 27 we had last year. Lots of surprises to be unveiled, as well as door prizes straight from Woodall's. Planning all kinds of activities like last year, and if it's anyone's birthday or anniversary please post so we can celebrate with you. YEEHAW! Floyd has already told us his birthday is about a week after, and he will be 85 years old. Man, don't think Debbi can find that many candles. LOL, Floyd, you don't look a day over 70! Keep telling your RV friends about the rally, and post if you have any great ideas. And jimtoo, c'mon down from Texas, we would love to have you. Last year we had folks from 5 or 6 states and a couple from North of the border.

Thanks very much Jim and Larry. Larry I added a signature block to unshroud any mystery. A wise man once told me- be mysterious, just don't be weird... so I hope I prevented that. We are excited to meet all of you this fall. I am starting to learn my way around the forum and finding great information on so many topics. Thanks again.

Tom

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter

Tom, welcome. I was going to answer your PM to me.......but you found out about Fall Rally. Glad you are able to join us. I thought you were a member of the forum already under "marinegrunt". Could be CRS on my part. As to your thank you, your very welcome. I do value our fighting men. Bob

Dale and Jen

Funtimers

Hi Larry and Debbi

Add Dale and me to the list! We had a great time last year and look forward to another one this year. Buellton is a great place for a rally!

Larryheadhunter

Hi everyone,
Well, at this point in time, we have 20 rigs signed up for the Buellton So Cal Rally and expect to double that amount. As most of you know, I will be having lumbar fusion surgery July 1 at Hoag Hospital in Newport Beach, CA. I want you all to know my goal is to recover sufficiently to attend as well as being the Wagon Master. So, c'mon now, lets get some more rigs signed up soon, the more the merrier.

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC

Larry,
glad you are finally going to have surgery! Now just relax. Everyone down there will chip in and help and john D will take care of the organizing and recruiting of the help, so you don't need to worry. Just do what the Dr. says and take care of yourself. As much as we wanted you at the OR rally, it is best that you be home and get yourself strong enough for the operation.

Take Care,
Kristy

Gaffer

Hope all goes well with your surgery Larry. What is the best (fastest) way to get there from the northlands? Mapquest wants to take me over to US 101 up by SF. Is there a good road to cut over to 101 further down I5? I'm thinking that might be faster. Too early for us to commit right now.

Larryheadhunter

Thanks for the vote of support PJ and Karol, it is a 6 hour surgery, and kind of scary, loaded with pedicles and other titanium rods, but I will be OK.

PJ, I am not too sure what you consider the Northlands but from Gresham, OR it's pretty easy. It's about 900-950 miles total. I-84 to Portland for about 17 miles, then get on the 5 south for 800 miles or so. Around Kettleman City, CA you will run into the 41 and go west toward Paso Robles for 34 miles then straight onto the 46 west toward Paso Robles for 19 miles, where u will be be within 2 hours of Buellton. I was just on that 41/46 and it's an easy 2 lane highway. Then you will run into the 101 south for about 90 easy miles of coastal beauty and you will soon be in Solvang/Buellton for a week or so of fun and games. If you need campgrounds to stay at let me know as I have taken that route a few times and have a good idea where to stop about every 250-300 miles. It's 3-4 days of driving, depending on how far you want to drive daily.

Gaffer

The "Around Kettleman City, CA you will run into the 41" is the answer I was looking for. We are hoping to be able to make it to your event. I've got my crib board packed. Looks like a really great rally. We would probably push for a two day trip down and maybe 3 days back. We always find the trip to sowewhere more interesting that the return trip. That seems to make it easier to spend more time behind the wheel one way than the other. I'm thinking about a layover near Redding on the way down and somewhere north Kettleman City and then 7 Feathers on the way home. Love 7 Feathers.

Last edited:

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC

Hey PJ,
When we have traveled down that way, we stopped at Lodi (Flag City) for the night. That would be about half way for us, but over half for you. Redding to Lodi is a pretty easy drive though and would make day two a shorter one for you.

Larry and Debbi,
You missed a good party in OR, and we missed you. I'll get your stuff in the mail as soon as we get home. Do the surgery and then do what the Dr. tells you to do so you recover ASAP so you can come out and play again.
Kristy

Gaffer

Count us in. Arriving Thursday the 14th and pulling out on Monday the 18th.

Pliefeld

Sounds like it is going to be fun. We will be attending 10/15 - 18th

Last edited:

tenglish

Hi Larry, we are new owners of a Heartland Bighorn 3610RE towed by a 2011 F350. Have not even taken the new 5th wheel out for a weekend yet. We anticipate attending this event on October 15 - 17 in Buellton. I am the CIO for Trader Joe's and my wife (Marla) is a retired school teacher. We have 3 (soon to be 4) Golden Retrievers that are all show dogs. Looking forward to meeting everyone and participating.
Tom & Marla English
402 E. 22nd St.
Upland, CA 91784
909-931-9328

jimtoo

Hi Tom and Marla,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and Family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing the share their knowledge if needed.

You really need to get that Big Horn on the road.. at least for a weekend or two... if nothing else use it in the driveway.

Have fun and make some wonderful memories with your new Big Horn.

Jim M

Gaffer

Larry. Karol and I and all the Heartland family wish you the best possible outcome tomorrow. Our hopes and prayers are with you.

See you in October.

PJ

wesreed

Hello everyone,
I spoke with Larry yesterday, he's back home and was sounding pretty good after his back surgery.
He wanted me to post this message and remind everyone who's coming early or staying later than 10/15/10 to 10/17/10, to please call Georgann at Flying Flags and let her know.
Thanks,

Wes and Dale Reed
2009 Cyclone
2008 F-350 Power Stroke
2007 Honda Goldwing

dtvista

Larry

Confirmed with Georgann at Flying Flags reservation for Rally. 4 nights (Oct 14-17 -In on Thursday, out on Monday)

Dave

wesreed

Hi Larry,
Dale said she would love to volunteer to help decorate the clubhouse.
As I told you the other day when we talked, I'll bring my music equipment this year for anyone who wants to dance or just listen and maybe we can get some singers to help out.
Looking forward to the fun.
Wes and Dale Reed

2009 Cyclone 3912
2008 F-350 Power Stroke
2007 Honda Goldwing
Heartland owners club # 1267

Status
Not open for further replies.