EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: CA, Buellton * - 10/15/2010 to 10/17/2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

DougAndJudy

Larry -

Glad you're recovering from your surgery so well.

Judy and I would like to join everyone there in October. Tentatively, we'll arrive on the 14th and leave on the 18th. We sure enjoyed the group and the activities last year!

Larryheadhunter

X-Rookies Still Luving it
Hi everyone,
Hey Mike, there is always room for you. Drive safely across the country and look forward to seeing you in Buellton. Please email me (my email address is on post #1) your contact info, including your cell, and the dates you want to attend, and we will be all set.

ANYONE WHO IS ARRIVING BEFORE FRIDAY OCT. 15TH, OR IS DEPARTING AFTER SUNDAY OCT. 17TH, PLEASE CALL FLYING FLAGS, ASK FOR GEORGEANN, LET HER, OR YOUR CONTACT IN RESERVATIONS, KNOW YOU ARE WITH THE HEARTLAND RALLY, AND YOUR DATES OF ARRIVAL AND DEPARTURE! IT IS VERY IMPORTANT, SO THAT WE ALL CAN CAMP CLOSE BY TO EACH OTHER.

I wanted to express my personal appreciation to everyone who has posted on the Larryheadhunter is being operated on thread on this forum, and all of you who have been so kind and caring, regarding my spinal fusion operation. I am one month post surgical, and doing great. I am almost ready to burn my walker, and am slowly but surely improving steadily, and am looking forward to the goal of being the Wagon Master of this here rally. It's amazing how so many Heartlanders have been so supportive and even though I am still hurting, your words have made a difference and I thank each and every one of you from my heart.

Right now we have almost 35 rigs that have reserved sites, so anyone who still wants to come to Buellton/Solvang, there are still sites available and our goal of 40 rigs is within reach. Tom La Croix, I have talked to Flying Flags and as long as you pay me your site fees, I can still get you a 20% discount for your premium site. If any of you want a premium or a deluxe site, please review flying flags website for costs and contact me. Just a reminder, everyone will be paying me for their sites, and possible dinner costs around the middle of September, so that we can provide a 20% discount. Please make sure you have emailed me your contact info, including your email address, mailing address and cell phone #, so that I can let you know your individual costs, once we have them squared away.

Since we are getting closer to the rally, I want to inform everyone in advance, that there will be a $20 per rig non-member fee to anyone who is not a Heartland Owners Club Member, including SOB's (who aren't eligible to join). All who join the HL Owners Club before (preferable to save me paper work) or on-site at the rally, will save $20, so please contact me for information on how to join, which I strongly advise.

I need to know who is interested in playing golf, going on winery tours, and will be playing in the Horseshoe Tourney on Sunday afternoon. Is there anyone interested in having karaoke singing one evening? We are also considering providing discounted 30-60 minute massages, ooh la la, and professional photography services during the rally, including color shots of couples, individuals and rigs, that you love so dearly. On Saturday night after dinner, we will be having an exciting RV raffle, so don't forget to bring an unwrapped $15 RV gift for the gala. By utilizing these services and raffles, you are also supporting the local So Cal Chapter that is sponsoring this rally. Those are the remembrances that are worth saving.

I want to proudly announce we have Randy and Kim-Anh Scianna, owners of See Grins RV, not only sponsoring a catered dinner in our Clubhouse one evening, but also bringing a brand new 2011 Heartland Greystone and Big Country for your viewing pleasure. Sweet!!! We are still waiting on another dealer to decide whether they will be bringing a Big Horn, and a Landmark.

Remember, the rally is what each of you make out of it. The more participation, the more fun we will have, just like last year's rally which was awesome. I am sure that we will also fit in a Pot Luck meal, somewhere between Friday's Meet and Greet, and the goodbye Sunday BBQ Sunday Lunch.

That's all for now, but let's hear a shout out from all of you, and let everyone know what fun stuff you want to do at the 2nd Annual 2010 Fall So Cal Rally in Buellton, CA. Please don't forget to go to the top of the first page and go to Thread tools, and sign up for instant email notifications, so that you are on top of all the rally activities. Any ideas, just let us know! I think I am getting excited, how about you?

Last edited:

Gaffer

We joined the owners club in June at the Oregon Rally. It's a great value. Karol and I would be up for a little wine tasting. I would like to improve on my horseshoe game. Only played one time ever (@ the Oroville Rally). Karol would make use of the massage. Heck, I might too. Karaoke might be fun if there are any singers in the group (not enough wine in California to get me up there). I gave up golf a couple of years ago but might give it another go when I retire later this year.

PJ :cool:

DW_Gray

Hi Larry, I'm glad you are doing well.

Amy and I are staying at the FamCamp on Vandenberg AFB for a few months or so. I don't know if we'll be around or not. We'll have to wait and see as the time approaches. If we are still here, we will most likely take day trips there since it's about 30 minutes away. Also, if there is anything we can do to help locally for you, let us know. Amy and I know this area well.

DougAndJudy

Larry and Debbi -

We've had a recent change of plans so we will not be able to attend the rally in Buellton this year. We were looking forward to seeing all of our friends from last year, but we will have to see you all on the road somewhere else instead this year.

NorthCal Bob

Hi Larry and Debbie,

Nice talking to you this afternoon glad to hear you are doing better with your back. Rest and get well.

We would like to add our SOB friends to the rally. Their names are Shirley and Dan Crockell and intend to arrive on October 13 and leave Oct 19 with us.

Thanks, I will PM you with the information about them.

Take Care and talk to you again soon.

Larry,

Sharon and I are happy to come to the Rally! We recently bought a North Trail 21 FBS and use a 2010 Tundra Crew Max to tow it with. This is our second trailer; our first was a T@B (see it at www.tab-rv.com). We are excited to own a trailer that actually has a bath room!

It was great talking to you today! C-Ya in Solvang!

jimtoo

Hi Larry
Sounds like you are feeling better! We would like to join the owner's club. How do that work.
Sally & Dan Sullivan

Hi Sally and Dan,

I can help you there. Go to this link and it will explain all the benefits and lead you to the form to submit.

Join up and enjoy.

Jim M

Mr.D

Re: EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: CA, Buellton - 10/15/2010 to 10/17/2010

Thanks Larry for the Info. on the upcoming Ralley. Gloria and I bought a 2010 Big Horn 3410 at the begining of the summer and are looking forward to meeting others that have "Like" RVs. We will be arriving on the 14th and staying over a day, for an exit on the 18th. Sounds like fun. We live in Cottonwood, CA, which is right below Redding. Our community,"Lake CA" is a gated community with a Great RV park that is open to the public. This park is virtualy Unknown by the general public and is a Great Place. You can walk to Cottonwood Creek and the Sacramento River. So keep that in mind next time you are traveling up or down I-5.

jimtoo

Re: EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: CA, Buellton - 10/15/2010 to 10/17/2010

Hi Mr. D,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and Family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed.

My wife has kin in Redding (sister and her offspring) and we will be there next year or so... thanks for the info.. any better address or site info for the park?

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

jasons09cyclone

Hi larry, thanks for adding us to the list.. My fiance and I will arrive thurs. night and leaving mon. afternoon.. in a cyclone 3950..(jasns09cyclone)

Dale and Jen

Funtimers
This site is pretty quiet so close to our rally date. Any updates Larry? Any posts re the potluck or will there be a potluck? I am planning to bring a main dish if we have one.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Jen, I talked to Lar last week. I think things are coming together for the food stuff. Lar's working on it....trust me.

Dan & Sally Sullivan

Hi Larry
I put the check in the mail this am. My husband Dan, would like to golf if there is anyone planning on doing that?
I would be interested in the massage service. Since this is our first rally with Heartland owner and SOB's, we are looking forward to it.Where are the meet & greets held? What should we bring to the meet/greets? What should we bring to the potlucks?
Any info would be great.
Thanks
Sally & Dan
& Lucy the puggle.

Larryheadhunter

Hi team,
I am so sorry for not posting Buellton Rally information in the last few weeks, but due to many circumstances, it has been extremely difficult to get any timely information from a certain potential participating dealer and one Regional CA Heartland employee, who shall remain nameless. These people just won't return phone calls, and sorry to say, we are at their mercy. Soon, I will be posting an itinerary, designed with our illustrious Pacific Coast Director, John Dawson helpful input. Until then, I will give you some thoughts to chew on, and now all our campers can hop right in, and give their 2 cents worth.

Anyone who wants to golf, John Dawson will be setting up tee times for Saturday, so post here your interest level and PM John as well, so he knows who may be interested. If you wish to play on a different day, please post, and if you can get together a two, three or 4 some, JD will set it up for you, or do it yourself.

Wine tasters, we had a lovely lady, Ruth Cooper, take several groups out last year and so please post your interest level, and for $65, she will take you to 4 wineries, and you will buy a wonderful box lunch to eat outside at one of the beautiful wineries. She is open to winery choice, so please post, and I will set you up to speak to her.

Horseshoe players, if you are interested, we are planning a Saturday or Sunday afternoon tourney, if there are enough interested parties.

Friday night dinner is still up in the air, ahem ahem, but another nameless dealer will hopefully be giving us their input shortly, on what they plan to provide. At the least, we will have a side dish and desert potluck, and it's possible this may expand to main dishes. Don't change your channels, folks on this one.

Randy and Kim-Anh Scianna, owners of the See Grins Heartland dealership in San Martin, just south of San Jose, who showed 2 rigs at last years Buellton rally, will be unable to attend due to their required attendance at a huge Santa Clara RV Show, but have donated several hundred dollars to provide the main course of Tri-Tip steak and BBQ Chicken, so we will be having a Potluck Side Dish and desert dishes, provided by our wonderful camper chefs (sounds like you). We will have brochures for you from See Grins, which is a wonderful dealership. Please post your special dish that you would love to make and share. That will also be raffle night, so please bring your $15 RV unwrapped gift to raffle off after dinner and desert.

We also are speaking with a vendor who has a wonderful new sewage management system, who we are hoping will be giving us a first hand demonstration of this wonderful new idea. This exciting event will probably take place Saturday afternoon, so save up your UGH............ naw yuck, I don't even want to go there LOL! Even if it is funny, can you picture it, please don't?

For those staying on Sunday, we will be having a group BBQ lunch and dinner at the Clubhouse or outside near rally HQ, sponsored by the So Cal Chapter.

We will be having a So Cal Chapter member, using the site next to the Clubhouse as our Rally HQ, so once you have checked in, please go to site #75 to get your goodie bag, drop off your RV raffle gift, and buy several dollars of raffle tickets to support your local Heartland So Cal Chapter. We also will have nightly fires at Rally HQ's, meet and greets appetizers and water and soda, friday afternoon, and hopefully every chance we get. I want to thank the Affinity Group, which owns Woodall's and Camping World for providing some nice door prizes that will be handed out and/or raffled off.

Now, I am also sorry to say that unfortunately, my beautiful wife Debbi and I will not be able to attend this year's rally. Now everyone, put away your handkerchief's, I, too am also so disappointed, but due to my spinal fusion of 2 vertebrae's, I just have been unable to get cleared by my surgeon, or my Physical Therapist to do what it takes to lead this rally. I am so upset, but we will be there in spirit, and with John's help, I will post all the activities I can, and try to make sure your rally is the best it can be. Bob and Patty Hartsell, our Chapter leaders, will be available along with John, to keep all of you misfits in line, and show you the funnest time as possible. If by some chance, I do get cleared, I will be there with bells and whistles on, and loving every second of our rally. Thank you everyone for all your support, and most importantly, everyone attending will make this one great, fantastic rally. We look forward to meeting each and every one of you down the road, as hopefully early next year, we will be buying a brand new 2012 Landmark from Randy and Kim-Anh.

I am sorry that I do not have all activities nailed down yet, but very soon, I will post as much detail as I can, as we want everyone to have a great time, and enjoy the company of all our fun campers.

Last edited:

Larryheadhunter

Hi everyone who is attending the Buellton Rally,

John Dawson has asked me to post the following itinerary, which anyone may comment about on this thread. I was hoping that some of you attending would grab the ball and post your intentions, but so far no one has. As I commented in my last post, Debbi and I will not be attending the rally unfortunately, as my back hasn't healed enough from my spinal fusion surgery for me to travel that far. I hope that all 23 rigs coming will have a great time. All meals will be in the Clubhouse, and we hope everyone enjoys themselves. Anyone who hasn't sent in their checks for site fees, please contact John Dawson or Bob Hartsell, or call Flying Flags directly and talk to Georgann, the Flying Flags coordinator.

John has gotten reservations for golf on Saturday morning Oct 16, so if you want to be one of the 6 playing please post here or contact John at jdaw@sbcglobal.net or call him at 831-440-9268 and leave him a message.

In fact, all questions regarding this rally not posted can be sent to John and Lori, the Pacific Coast Director, or the So Cal Chapter Leader, Bob and Patty Hartsell, whose email is loslo581@aol.com.

The local Heartland dealer in the Buellton area is not going to be available for this rally, so there will be no show rigs. We are still hoping that the gentleman who has an exciting new RV sewage control system will be able to have an exhibition Saturday afternoon. More details from John to come.

All wine tasters, please post if you are interested, and also you may call our wine tasting guide, Ruth Cooper at 805-688-3683 to make arrangements to go wine tasting. More details are in the above post about this activity as well as others.

Friday Nite Dinner

All American Dinner Nite. The So Cal Chapter will sponsor Hot dogs, Hamburgers, chips and salsa and all campers can provide a Light Pot Luck with appetizers, salads and deserts.

Saturday Nite Dinner

See Grins Dealership in San Martin, CA is happily sponsoring a Tri-Tip and BBQ dinner with garlic toast. All campers can provide a Light Pot Luck with appetizers, salads and deserts. The unwrapped RV gift raffle will take place after dinner. Please buy a lot of tickets to support the local So Cal Chapter.

Sunday Nite Dinner

I am sure there will be plenty of leftovers, and all campers staying Sunday nite can also provide a Light Pot Luck with appetizers, salads and deserts.

I hope that some of you will post about the rally and try to get involved. Since Debbi and I aren't coming, it would be appreciated if campers would help out with this exciting rally and post some ideas and plans. This rally can always just be a camp out rally, with a loose itinerary. Thank all of you for coming, and Debbi and I hope you will all have a great time. I would personally appreciate it if some of you would post your plans for the various pot lucks and different activities.

Anyone who hasn't paid their site fees, please get ahold of Bob or John. Bob is going to try to take the bull by the horns and help run this affair, but he needs your help.
Debbi and Larry Kuhn

Last edited:

FLOYD PHILBROOK

Nevada Chapter Leader
BOB&PATTY,JOHN&LORI, Carol and myself will be there on the 13th with the new landmark,getting it thursday. If there is any way we can help let us know. floyd&CAROL

Dale and Jen

Funtimers
We're looking forward to the rally, but definitely will miss Larry and Debbi. Won't be the same without you two! Wishing you a full recovery, Larry. We're available to help any way we can. Will be arriving on the 14th.

Status
Not open for further replies.