EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: MD, Berlin - 9/9/2011 to 9/11/2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
Hey Jim it will be great to see you and Nancy again so soon! Pool's still open just in case we have a heat wave!

mjatwalker

Retired MD Chapter ******s
Mike and I were at Castaways Mon-Wed this week making final preparations for the rally. Mary Ann and John Proto were there vacationing so we had the added plus of being able to spend time with them too and what a great time we had. We are all set and ready for the rally and fun to begin!! and now we will also have Nancy and Jim joining us too.

chkwgn

Re: Maryland Rally

Enjoyed the rally in Cherry Hill. Just made reservations for Castaways. Arriving on Wednesday, leaving on Monday. Please let us know if we can help with set up in any way.
Chuck and Jean Strub

mjatwalker

Re: Maryland Rally

Enjoyed the rally in Cherry Hill. Just made reservations for Castaways. Arriving on Wednesday, leaving on Monday. Please let us know if we can help with set up in any way.
Chuck and Jean Strub

This is great. Looking forward to seeing you again soon.

mrmagoo

Mike & Ann,

I just realized I have not indicated yeh or neh to the Crabs...(and I am sorry for that) If it is too late I'll understand...

Neither Betty or I have ever done them, but what the heck... if it isn't too late, count us in...

If it is too late we definitely understand and we will take notes for the next time!

Looking forward to seeing everyone again!

mjatwalker

Mike & Ann,

I just realized I have not indicated yeh or neh to the Crabs...(and I am sorry for that) If it is too late I'll understand...

Neither Betty or I have ever done them, but what the heck... if it isn't too late, count us in...

If it is too late we definitely understand and we will take notes for the next time!

Looking forward to seeing everyone again!

I'll add you to the list. If you need help with how to pick em, I'll even provide a lesson. //heartlandowners.org/images/icons/icon7.png

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
Bad news....A scheduling change at work with inventory is now conflicting with our trip to Castaways. Unfortunatly we are going to have to cancel. We love the rallies and we love the beach. This is a sad day.

PSF513

For those of you who have never camped here at Castaways (yes, we are here this weekend in site 178), please practice your backing skills. The sites and roads are somewhat tight. AND, remember, there are people who will be scoring your skills (my last scores were all negative except 1 because of my license plates).

cableman

Sorry to here that Jamie, We were looking forward to spending some time together. Maybe we can do a camping trip later in the season. Are you enjoying your new camper?

Freckles

Founding New York Chapter Leader-Retired
Were also sorry I guess no convoy of 3 back on Tuesday !!! Looking forward to seeing you down the road !!

dieselsweetheart

Aw Jamie and Ginger that's too bad. We want to get together with you though in the fall to check out Friendship Village for the 2012 Pa rally. I'll PM you when I get back home...still on my AK trip...

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
Aw Jamie and Ginger that's too bad. We want to get together with you though in the fall to check out Friendship Village for the 2012 Pa rally. I'll PM you when I get back home...still on my AK trip...

Cheryl,

We are going to Friendship Village over Labor Day. We have never camped there, but the 4 other families we are camping with say it is a wonderful place to stay at. Lots of things to do and located close to the Pa Turnpike. Let me know.

Jamiei

PSF513

Other than somewhat narrow streets, this is a well run and maintained campground. I'd come back again even if I weeren"t going to a rally.

MIKE: My wife says she is not interested in picking crabs for dinner so I guess we are out of that. BUT, we"\'ll still have dinner with everyone if allowed.

Looking forward to seeing everyone in 3 weeks

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
Cheryl,

We are going to Friendship Village over Labor Day. We have never camped there, but the 4 other families we are camping with say it is a wonderful place to stay at. Lots of things to do and located close to the Pa Turnpike. Let me know.

Jamiei

Jamie, John and I stopped at Friendship Village on the way home from Goshen. We were only there for one night but it is a really nice CG! We'll miss you in MD for sure! :(

Cheryl, Let us know when you are going and maybe we'll head out there if we don't already have something planned!

mjatwalker

Other than somewhat narrow streets, this is a well run and maintained campground. I'd come back again even if I weeren"t going to a rally.

MIKE: My wife says she is not interested in picking crabs for dinner so I guess we are out of that. BUT, we"\'ll still have dinner with everyone if allowed.

Looking forward to seeing everyone in 3 weeks

The crabs are in addition to the potluck dinner so bring your favorite dish.

hillsonwheels

What may I ask could be a more favorite dish than STEAMED CRABS????????? After all, our esteemed Rallyholic President and his First Lady say, "Eating steamed crabs is an event.............it requires a lot of beer!" :cool:

Dick

dieselsweetheart

Debbie, we're just planning a day trip out there to see the place. Right now we don't have a date in mind...our schedules seem full up right now...might be October till we get out there!

Jamie, when you are there, check how long into the season they are open. Right now we might be going out Oct 2nd. We'd like to get to the crash site too while we're in that direction. Dave and Nona will be with us too.

Flying Dutchman

Virginia Chapter Leaders - Retired
What may I ask could be a more favorite dish than STEAMED CRABS????????? After all, our esteemed Rallyholic President and his First Lady say, "Eating steamed crabs is an event.............it requires a lot of beer!" :cool:

Dick
Steamed crabs, pitcher of cold beer, shared with a group of Heartland friends ... nothing can beat that!:)

Status
Not open for further replies.