EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: MD, Berlin - 9/9/2011 to 9/11/2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike & Carol

Ann and Mike
Not sure if you got my email....Carol and I are reserved on lot 175, will be there on Thursday thru Sunday, also will be doing the "crab thing". Looking forward to seeing everyone.

PSF513

JIM: I believe you to be very close to correct. My wife has a crab hat that she plans to bring and I, of course, have my crab shirt. No telling what other appropriate may be sported. This could turn into a fashion show of "heartland sorts". Could get interesting.

mjatwalker

Retired MD Chapter ******s
Ann and Mike
Not sure if you got my email....Carol and I are reserved on lot 175, will be there on Thursday thru Sunday, also will be doing the "crab thing". Looking forward to seeing everyone.

We got your e-mail glad you can make it. See you there.

Jim-n-Leslie

Leslie and I just spent a week camping near Ocean City, MD at the Island Resort Family Campground (http://islandresort.org/) near Berlin MD. While there we dined at two locations. One was a down-home cooking place called Goobers (16 Pitts St, Berlin, MD 21811-1128, (410) 641-0366). We had breakfast there and encourage anyone that wants to visit a great place to eat to go there, then walk about the historic area of Berlin MD. It was a great place to see. The other place we dined was the Captain's Galley II located at 12817 Harbor Road, Ocean City, MD, 21842 (http://www.captainsgalley2.com/). They are known for the number one crab cake in that world. Although I am unsure about the validity of that claim, we had, by far, one of the best crab cake sandwiches we have ever had. We had it on a toasted, home-made Kaiser roll with Swiss cheese melted on half of the roll. It had minimal filler and lots of Maryland crab meat - an excellent sandwich. You should put these two places on your list of places to go during the weekend. The Captain's Galley is a pretty big place, but Goobers has a maximum of 50 seats, so if a large number go there for breakfast, we need to provide them a courtesy call as a heads-up. Enjoy!
Jim

dieselsweetheart

Sorry guys but we are going to have to cancel this rally....we have a few things going on...but the biggest one is that I have to work...couldn't find anyone to work for me who wasn't already working...I can't even get off 1/2 day. It's a big drive if I can't at least get Friday off. We are just back to school and these first 3 weeks are horrendously busy.

Our house is on the market and we are making trips to DE to househunt. We have an offer coming through any moment and pray that it's a great offer so we can accept. Then for sure our weekend will be spent focused on everything having to do with finding a house/moving.

Sorry to miss the first MD rally but I will see a lot of you folks the following week in Hershey...so all is not lost!! Have a wonderful time!!!

Mike I still would like the tees...so just bring them to Hershey...thanks!

mjatwalker

Sorry guys but we are going to have to cancel this rally....we have a few things going on...but the biggest one is that I have to work...couldn't find anyone to work for me who wasn't already working...I can't even get off 1/2 day. It's a big drive if I can't at least get Friday off. We are just back to school and these first 3 weeks are horrendously busy.

Our house is on the market and we are making trips to DE to househunt. We have an offer coming through any moment and pray that it's a great offer so we can accept. Then for sure our weekend will be spent focused on everything having to do with finding a house/moving.

Sorry to miss the first MD rally but I will see a lot of you folks the following week in Hershey...so all is not lost!! Have a wonderful time!!!

Mike I still would like the tees...so just bring them to Hershey...thanks!

The cg was not badly damaged by Irene and is open for business today. Yoohoo The pool will be open tomorrow so we are in good shape for our rally which is shaping up to be a good one! So sorry you won't be joining us. We will keep our fingers crossed on the contract for your house and we'll definitely see ya in Hershey.

dieselsweetheart

Ya I called them this morning and got a recording they wouldn't be in until 2p...so I'll give them a call later today. When I booked I never imagined we would have so much going on for us at this time!!

camperjohn08

Unfortunitly, we are not going to be able to bring the rig this time as the DW has to work the full week... however, we are in discussions with John Latem and his DW and if we can pull it off, we will be riding up on the bikes to see you guys Saturday for the day. More to come...
Hey who's this Latem person?? My Name is spelled John Latham.. I wonder who he was? Ha Ha.. And yes I will be the other couple riding the bike If it works out.. : o ))

PSF513

Re: Maryland Rally

This is a fitting end to a rather dismal camping year. Deb & I will not be able to attend as I have been called up by FEMA to attend training (9/3 - 9/11) in preparation for being deployed for 90+ days in the aftermath of IRENE.

mjatwalker

This is a fitting end to a rather dismal camping year. Deb & I will not be able to attend as I have been called up by FEMA to attend training (9/3 - 9/11) in preparation for being deployed for 90+ days in the aftermath of IRENE.

Pete & Deb, We are sorry you guys will miss the rally at least you had a chance to see the campground a couple of weeks ago. You will be missed and I just printed off some parking score sheets. Hope everything works out with your deployment.

hillsonwheels

Well Pete, that sucks that you won't be able to be at the rally. But, duty calls.........

Now for the bigger question, and not to make light of 5ertugr not being able to attend.............how are the crabs running after Irene and what is the availability? :eek: Are we just gonna have to make do with beer???????????? :D

Dick

cjhicks

Dick, The Crabs here on the Creek are Fat and Happy , We had 2 doz. in out pots in 2 days . We have not heard of any problems with the Crabing , so we should be ok for the Rally as long as we dont run out of beer!!!:cool:
Well Pete, that sucks that you won't be able to be at the rally. But, duty calls.........

Now for the bigger question, and not to make light of 5ertugr not being able to attend.............how are the crabs running after Irene and what is the availability? :eek: Are we just gonna have to make do with beer???????????? :D

Dick

Status
Not open for further replies.