EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: NJ, West Creek - 5/20/2011 to 5/22/2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

Freckles

Founding New York Chapter Leader-Retired
Debbie & Duane , Why break tradition see you at dark flashlight charged !!
""""Jon & Patti are on their way in and should arrive around 9pm.""""

Well we are trying to do the same. Too much to do when it is your first trip out.

See you all soon.. Safe travels.

dieselsweetheart

Safe travels everybody!!! Freckles tell Don we are in the same boat (no really, boat is the word)...let's see how well Jim gets the BH out of our yard which is now a pond... he mowed it today...so now it will be a slippery pond...

TheWinklers

All washed up and (I think) ready to go, we should hopefully be there sometime before 5 ( I hope) as long as Rob can get home from work at a decent hour. See you all tomorrow, everyone travel safe.. I think we only have about a half hour ride? I think I remember the pot luck is at 6:30? I should be ready.. maybe...

mrmagoo

Safe travels everybody!!! Freckles tell Don we are in the same boat (no really, boat is the word)...let's see how well Jim gets the BH out of our yard which is now a pond... he mowed it today...so now it will be a slippery pond...

I am sick of rain... It is not looking very promising.... I don't think we are going to make it... I was out there putting the hitch in the truck tonight, and the truck alone is sinking in... It would be one thing if I had a straight shot out... but I have to back up... and make a looping turn in the yard to get out... where I have to turn is pretty soft and soggy.

I was looking forward to our 1st time out this year and seeing all of you again...

Now (unless we change our mind last minute tomorrow AM), I have to figure out what we have to do to cancel out of the rest of the weekend... and cut our losses.

Everyone that is able to make the trip... have safe travels... and enjoy the Rally.

Did I mention that I am really SICK of rain?!?:(:(

dieselengineer

Charter Member
It looks like I am going to need to chain up all four wheels on the old dodge to pull the horn out. Got the chains out tonight and ready for the big pull tomorrow.

dieselsweetheart

Don we have the same issue...without the backing up part... this is really going to tear the yard up....ugh...what a mess... I hope tomorrow is a bit better and you can get out...we'll sure miss you!

mrmagoo

I could live with tearing up the yard... my fear is that the truck tires will load up and we will get hung up... or the camper will sink out of sight... no clue what we would do then... sigh.... again, have I mentioned that I am sick of rain... 1.75 inches in the last 3.5 days... and something like 10" in the last month... we had ~3 feet of in our back yard from a flood on April 28th and we really have not dried out since... The camper is parked ~20 feet higher than where the water was... and actually was not even here yet at that point.

Thanks for the well wishes!

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
Sitting on the front deck of our "Temporary Rally Headquarters". It's foggy and cool but not raining! We have a great view of the pool and although it looks inviting, I doubt there will be any takers. It may be the perfect opportunity to place some wagers though!

The East Coast rain has played a hard game this spring. I can assure you all that if you get the rig to the highway we are fine here. Campground roads are in great shape and sites are looking good. Some soft spots but it is very doable for what the area has been through lately! This morning's news report showed possibility of thunderstorms today mostly "late" and clearing tomorrow! Had nice sun all day yesterday! (It was a welcome situarion for sure!) Calvin, Judy, Dick and Reta spent the day in Atlantic City walking the boardwalk. Judy lost $5 but came out of there with some nice Showboat Beads around her neck!

Last night's dinner at Calloway's was well attended by 20 Heartlander's who are already here! We planned to have a campfire but the lightning showed up and as I don't do lightning, we made a prompt exit for the safety of our quarters!

We surely hope everyone can get their rigs out and come on down! John and I know full well how devistating damage to your rig can be so we understand completely if you opt not to attend. Naturally, we are hoping all will be well and we'll see you this afternoon! Afterall, if we share rig tours, you all will want to see our current layout of the "Rally Headquarter's"! It's like no other layout available in the current product line! Again, we have to thank John and Mary Ann Proto for our weekend accommodations!

Having fun so far and hoping all y'all travel safe! See you soon!

PS: Dick, is "All Y'all one word or two? It should be one if I'm hearing it right!
PSS: Duane and Debbie made a daylight entry! Go figure? Actually, their Cyclone looked really impressive from the table at Calloway's as they passed by on their way to Sea Pirate! Nice you guys!

dieselsweetheart

Got the Horn out of the swamp and it's now in the driveway...gotta dry my hair and finish my coffee and then we're heading out!!! I sure hope it doesn't rain all w/e...ugh...so tired of the mess....good for weeding though...got some of that done last night! See you all soon!!! (I have more alcohol than food packed by the way)...

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
It's offical RALLY ON! Got our name in lights! How cool is that? And make sure to say hello to the Sea Pirate on your way in!

Although I feel slightly lost here in the Temporary Headquarter's...

Get ready... 'cause starting tonight... we're gonna make this a rally to remember!

Attachments

• IMG_1087.jpg
    IMG_1087.jpg
    172.2 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_1083.jpg
    IMG_1083.jpg
    336.9 KB · Views: 32

mjatwalker

Retired MD Chapter ******s
Got the Horn out of the swamp and it's now in the driveway...gotta dry my hair and finish my coffee and then we're heading out!!! I sure hope it doesn't rain all w/e...ugh...so tired of the mess....good for weeding though...got some of that done last night! See you all soon!!! (I have more alcohol than food packed by the way)...

Cheryl be sure and talk w/Marsha and Bill about the gas operated margarita machine!! Too bad they don't have it here with them.

TheWinklers

Rob hopes to be on the road by 3:30, we'll see.... Gumbo is cooking while I speak. I have to run to the store to get somethings I forgot. I think I'm ready see you all soon.

TheWinklers

Donna, please travel safe and we'll see you when you get here! Just don't be late for dinner!

I'm trying not to be! I will just have to heat it and make the rice! We are only like a half hour from there and Rob should be home by 3:30, I already hooked up and all we have to do is put the kid in the seat and pull out!

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
Awesome Pot Luck Dinner tonight! We are having a blast and it is so nice to be meeting some new NJ, MD and PA Members for the first time. Everyone stepped up to the plate for clean up and we are getting ready to head to the fire. John Proto actually got it done on time tonight and fried an outstanding turkey in his new fryer. The after effects on the bird are profound! Great meal with great friends!

Attachments

• IMG_1095.jpg
    IMG_1095.jpg
    198.8 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_1108.jpg
    IMG_1108.jpg
    191.7 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.