EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: NM, Ruidoso - 5/2/2019 to 5/5/2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ann&Ted

Is there something about Rally's in the Ruidoso/Alto area that bring me bad luck? LOL. We missed the 2017 rally due to RV issues that we ended up with our 5th wheel in the shop for a couple months and had to cancel. Now, this morning my lovely bride mentioned that we had no hot water (in our house). I checked the hot water tank and the catch basin below the tank was full of water. There is a leak in the within the unit. I checked the pressure release and it is not coming from there and also not coming from the water in pipe. So, it must be from inside the tank housing. I have repair coming out tomorrow. I have a bad feeling, I will require a new tank.

Good news is that Ann can hear now. We went to the hearing doctors and she was fitted with 2 new hearing aids ($$$). Unfortunately, now she can hear things I took for granted and ignored but she is wondering what every squeak and knock is in the house. Plus I can't say thing under my breath anymore. The great part is that she likes them. They are very small and she hardly knows they are there. They also have "Bluetooth", so she can talk on her cell phone hands free. I didn't know they did that.

Anyway, we still plan on attending the Rally even though this has been an extremely expensive month. We are looking forward to getting away for a while and seeing everyone in Alto. Isn't home ownership fun? LOL.

Pokiejoe

Is there something about Rally's in the Ruidoso/Alto area that bring me bad luck? LOL. We missed the 2017 rally due to RV issues that we ended up with our 5th wheel in the shop for a couple months and had to cancel. Now, this morning my lovely bride mentioned that we had no hot water (in our house). I checked the hot water tank and the catch basin below the tank was full of water. There is a leak in the within the unit. I checked the pressure release and it is not coming from there and also not coming from the water in pipe. So, it must be from inside the tank housing. I have repair coming out tomorrow. I have a bad feeling, I will require a new tank.

Good news is that Ann can hear now. We went to the hearing doctors and she was fitted with 2 new hearing aids ($$$). Unfortunately, now she can hear things I took for granted and ignored but she is wondering what every squeak and knock is in the house. Plus I can't say thing under my breath anymore. The great part is that she likes them. They are very small and she hardly knows they are there. They also have "Bluetooth", so she can talk on her cell phone hands free. I didn't know they did that.

Anyway, we still plan on attending the Rally even though this has been an extremely expensive month. We are looking forward to getting away for a while and seeing everyone in Alto. Isn't home ownership fun? LOL.

Ted, we are sorry to hear of your troubles...Understand about how sometimes it just always seems to hit all at once. So glad you are still coming to the rally. We are looking forward to seeing you, it's going to be fun! Safe travels!

rutranger

Hi Don,

Just wanted to take the time to remind you to make sure you bring a couple of extra gallons of water and one of antifreeze. It may come in handy while up in the higher altitudes. I truly appreciate all that you do to make these rallies so enjoyable. ��

Sincerely,
2003 F250 5.4 liter gasser

'Lil Guy'

Hi Don,

Just wanted to take the time to remind you to make sure you bring a couple of extra gallons of water and one of antifreeze. It may come in handy while up in the higher altitudes. I truly appreciate all that you do to make these rallies so enjoyable. ��

Sincerely,
2003 F250 5.4 liter gasser

I give up. What is the extra water and antifreeze for? I wouldn't think there will be freezing temps in May, but I'm from E Texas. Sounds like this might put a dampener on Margaritaville.lol

Pokiejoe

Frank you just have to understand, Roy is from CA, the land of fruits and nuts. Just kidding, Roy has had some issues in the past on the mountains with his pickup. We looked at the weather in Ruidoso, so far so good! See you in about a week..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

rutranger

Okay we better set things straight right here and now. I only reside in CA and am not from the state, but we all know there are some fruits and nuts that have congregated in others states as well of which I will not name at this time. Bahahahaha just kidding Don, well maybe. Safe travels to everyone out on the road... :cool:

Frank you just have to understand, Roy is from CA, the land of fruits and nuts. Just kidding, Roy has had some issues in the past on the mountains with his pickup. We looked at the weather in Ruidoso, so far so good! See you in about a week..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

pegmikef

I give up. What is the extra water and antifreeze for? I wouldn't think there will be freezing temps in May, but I'm from E Texas. Sounds like this might put a dampener on Margaritaville.lol

Frank, it is funny that you mentioned Margaritaville, because I found a sign for you yesterday.

Attachments

• margaritaville.jpg
    margaritaville.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 16

dykesj11

Frank - Margaritaville will soon require one of those food vendor trailers like you see at the fair to accommodate all your gear. Or maybe just modify the BH?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

'Lil Guy'

Debbie and I are looking for a larger rig as we speak. Looking at a front bath BH now. Looking forward to the rally. Margaritaville is stowed away and ready to explode. See everyone soon. later and have a great day.

'Lil Guy'

Getting close. Just checked the weather and it looks good for the week we're arriving. The Texans will be leaving this coming Sunday and arriving into town on Monday. Put up the women and kids and get ready for a great rally.lol Don, do you have insurance on the park? May get a little rowdylol. See everyone soon.

Pokiejoe

Getting close. Just checked the weather and it looks good for the week we're arriving. The Texans will be leaving this coming Sunday and arriving into town on Monday. Put up the women and kids and get ready for a great rally.lol Don, do you have insurance on the park? May get a little rowdylol. See everyone soon.

Well Frank I think we're ready. The weather looks good, took out an extra insurance policy....The park is full so there will be quiet time from 10 PM - 7 AM. Looking forward to seeing all you from TX, OK, AZ, CO, CA, NM and any other state we missed. Gonna have a fun time! See you in a few :)

Mrsfish

Well Frank I think we're ready. The weather looks good, took out an extra insurance policy....The park is full so there will be quiet time from 10 PM - 7 AM. Looking forward to seeing all you from TX, OK, AZ, CO, CA, NM and any other state we missed. Gonna have a fun time! See you in a few :)

man I wish we were coming! Oh well, the WA and OR/ID rallies are just going to have to tolerate us! You guys will have a ball no matter what...have a margarita for me! 😘

Pokiejoe

man I wish we were coming! Oh well, the WA and OR/ID rallies are just going to have to tolerate us! You guys will have a ball no matter what...have a margarita for me! 😘

Wish you was coming too, will miss you. Maybe next time! Have fun...

Pokiejoe

We are sorry to say we have had a cancellation and nobody on the wait list. We know it's getting close but if there's anybody that would like to come just let us know.

Thanks,
Don and Vicky

Pokiejoe

We have a RV wash who will come to the park if anyone is interested. Just let us know and when you might like your rig/pickup washed. See you soon!!

Ann&Ted

Today, I had the last straw. I went out to the camper to get ready to do the pre trip checkout. Anyway, I put the slides out and realized that I wanted to check the tire pressure, so pulled the slides back in. When I hit the button to pull in the kitchen side slide, there was a pop and only the motor ran. The slide did not budge. It is stuck in the out position. GRRRRRR. I needed mobile repair to come to my house and check it out. He found the bracket that holds the drive shaft screw to be broken. Unfortunately, he is quite booked up tomorrow and will not be able to get back to fix it until next week. This means we are going to have to cancel. Since we didn't find this until just about an hour ago, I still need to call the campground tomorrow to cancel as well
20190425_174611.jpg (this picture is sideways).

I am truly sorry Don and Vicky to cancel at this late date. Maybe next year.

dykesj11

Ann, Rick - We wanted to do that route. And then, we figured we'd skip WA and catch up in ID but that changed as well. DISAPPOINTING. That Pacific Region crowd knows how to PARTY HEARTY, eh?! But we are looking forward to catching up with you all in Goshen. Meantime, have fun and we'll see you soon. We'll be doing the same in Ruidoso.

Pokiejoe

Today, I had the last straw. I went out to the camper to get ready to do the pre trip checkout. Anyway, I put the slides out and realized that I wanted to check the tire pressure, so pulled the slides back in. When I hit the button to pull in the kitchen side slide, there was a pop and only the motor ran. The slide did not budge. It is stuck in the out position. GRRRRRR. I needed mobile repair to come to my house and check it out. He found the bracket that holds the drive shaft screw to be broken. Unfortunately, he is quite booked up tomorrow and will not be able to get back to fix it until next week. This means we are going to have to cancel. Since we didn't find this until just about an hour ago, I still need to call the campground tomorrow to cancel as well
View attachment 61557 (this picture is sideways).

I am truly sorry Don and Vicky to cancel at this late date. Maybe next year.

Oh no, hate to hear this happened and so sorry you won't be able to make the rally. Hope you get it fixed soon and on the road again and hope to see you again soon. Take care!

Pokiejoe

Good morning,
We arrived at the park yesterday, was just ready so we came on. It's beautiful, peaceful and the weather is perfect. Not too hot during the day, a bit chilly at night. We've had a few who had to cancel and we will certainly miss them. Looking forward to seeing everyone, it's going to be a great time!! Safe travels!

Status
Not open for further replies.