EVENT: Heartland Regional Rally: NC, Cherokee - 4/29/2011 to 5/1/2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

TomSt

Past New Jersey Chapter Leader
Pat and Lou D'amelio will be bringing sliced ham for the pot luck dinner. they have no idea for a fancy name.

DougS

Doug S
Doug and Mary Sloan will be bringing Ambrosia. This can be used for part of the meal or part of the dessert.

davebennington

I can see that the potluck dinner is going to be a real feast, all the great cooks that have said that they are bringing something it is going to be hard not to over eat.

Dave

Lazydaze

Eric and I will be there on Thursday and would love to join in on the Thanksgiving in April Turkey Burgers. I will think of something to bring !

jbeletti

Good morning y'all,

It was a rough night of weather for much of the country. We are safe and sound here in Cherokee, receiving some wind and rain, but not too bad really. We were spared. Hoping the rest of our Heartland friends fared as well.

We have have about 5 rigs here at the rally this far and expect quite a few arrivals today.

Travel safe.

Jim

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Glad you all are OK. Had some tornado sightings close by at Quantico, Stafford, and Nokesville, but only hard rain, wind, and small hail here. No damage that I know of yet.

ATLJOHN

Hi Jim
Glad to you guys are all right. We where lucky tornado hit about 10-15 miles from us and 2 people where killed.

We will see you tomorrow.

John

atlal

I just called and verified that I have site #183 reserved. Hope it's empty tomorrow. It may not matter if I don't have my trailer back. I took it in for warranty work and I was tring not to rush em. That was six weeks ago. I told them I will pick it up tomorrow- finished or not.

Actually Camper's Inn in Bron, GA has given me very good service. They worked with Heartland to resolve all the issues. There were a couple of having the right part issues.

Altanta Al and Anne

jbeletti

Had a nice "unofficial potluck" at rally day -1 last night :) Started out as a few people having turkey burgers with the Allens and ended up with what, 40 of us at the rally hall. Awesome!

davebennington

We had a great meal and a good time with friends, I will post some of a few other shots on the Heartland owners gallery.

After dinner we had a parting shot of the rally attendees.

Dave

Attachments

• DSC01295.JPG
    DSC01295.JPG
    669.7 KB · Views: 50

SouthernNights

Past South Carolina Chapter Leader
Fantastic rally, Dave. As always the fellowship of old and new friends was on the top of our enjoyment. From potlucks to catered meals, the food was terrific and the seminars were very educational.

Thanks to RVs For Less for their "giving" spirit and support of the rally.

Thanks to Dave for such a special time. Thoroughly enjoyed the atmosphere you created here and all the hard work you put into this event. Absoulutley "top of the list"!!!!

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
We had a great meal and a good time with friends, I will post some of a few other shots on the Heartland owners gallery.

After dinner we had a parting shot of the rally attendees.

Dave

It's amazing how many people I recognize in that photo! Sorry we weren't able to make it (d.... work!) See many of you in a couple of weeks!

davebennington

The rally has ended this morning with breakfast and some folks are staying on for a few days and that is great, this is a very nice campground with alot of things to see and do in the area.

I think the rally went well mainly do to the help that I had in making it so. There are a great number of people who work hard that no one, hardly ever sees, such as Eric & Dorothy van Opstal. Then the people you see everyday and do not think very much about what they are doing or how important it is, like Larry & Sam Bandstra who were in charge of greeting people making sure that they got their welcome package and getting them from one place to another with the help of the other drivers Randy Allen and Mickey Merideth.

And last but by no means less important thanks to Julie who put up with me while all of this organized chaos was going on.

Remember there is no "I" in team.

Thanks again to all of you,

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.