EVENT: Heartland Regional Rally: NC, Cherokee - 4/29/2011 to 5/1/2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flying Dutchman

Virginia Chapter Leaders - Retired
Hello Everyone,
It is getting closer to our YaHoo! Rally and I hope you are as excited to be going to the rally as we are. I just have to remember to Not say, "Are we almost there yet?" I think I drive Eric crazy, so now I watch the GPS for the time of arrival (7 hours). :( It will be worth the trip to see everyone and thanks to XM radio for entertainment! :angel:

I'll be knitting away for the baby blanket for our national rally in Goshen.

We have quite a good list of dishes folks are bringing, from BBQ, turkey, pulled pork, chicken and goolash for meat dishes, 4 veggies, and at least 4 desserts! We have a few appetizers, too! I would like to hear from the rest of you as you decide what dish to bring. Thanks for the offers of table cloths, we will have a splashing of fun covers And dishes.
See you there!
Dorothy

MICKEY

Past Florida Chapter Leader
Dorothy;
Bonnie and I are going to bring "Paula's Perfect Peach Cobbler" and "Homey's Home Style Pot Roast". No guarantee on low cholesterol, low calorie, or low carb. Recipes straight from the southern stroke belt. That and some "Sweeeeet" iced tea will make you reminisce about sitting at your grandma's kitchen table.

navyAZ1

Hi There All,

Ann and I would like to attend as we are going to be in N. GA during that time, but we need to know what is the latest date we can sign up. Ann will be having shoulder surgery in April but we don't know the date as yet and won't until after the 18th of April. So, if it works out and we can attend let us know how late we can register and the cost.

Thanks,

Ron:)

Well phooey, Miss Ann and I won't be able to attend, they have her shoulder surgery scheduled next Monday the 25th so I don't think she will be ready to travel by that following Friday. So, we will see y'all at the Goshen Rally! Hope everyone has a great time.

Ron

Randy

Founding Georgia Chapter Leader (Ret)
Well phooey, Miss Ann and I won't be able to attend, they have her shoulder surgery scheduled next Monday the 25th so I don't think she will be ready to travel by that following Friday. So, we will see y'all at the Goshen Rally! Hope everyone has a great time.

Ron

Ron, Tell Ann to heal quickly and that she can eat with one hand at the rally. Sorry that you are going to miss the Rally.
Wish you and Ann the best. Randy, Santha & the Poodles

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
Did somebody say Cheesy Potatoes? That's just not right. Cheesy Potatoes and I'm not standing in line....

hillsonwheels

Sorry for the delay in responding to the jalapeno request. Since they seem to be popular with folks other than Beletti (It's common knowledge that he'll eat just about anything?:rolleyes:), I 'spect I can rustle up a makin' or two. :) Reta's already putting the arm on me to do some sweet peppers as well.

We're on our way to Cherokee. Made arrangements with Lippert to get wet bolts installed at their Fitzgerald, GA plant tomorrow. We're overnighting in Tifton. From here on to Fair Play, SC on Lake Hartwell where we'll layover until the 27th. Will arrive in Cherokee that day.

Safe trippin' everyone! See ya'll there.

Dick

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Thanks Dick for taking care of Reta & I on the sweet peppers. See ya'll on the 28th.

Randy

Founding Georgia Chapter Leader (Ret)
Sorry for the delay in responding to the jalapeno request. Since they seem to be popular with folks other than Beletti (It's common knowledge that he'll eat just about anything?:rolleyes:), I 'spect I can rustle up a makin' or two. :) Reta's already putting the arm on me to do some sweet peppers as well.

We're on our way to Cherokee. Made arrangements with Lippert to get wet bolts installed at their Fitzgerald, GA plant tomorrow. We're overnighting in Tifton. From here on to Fair Play, SC on Lake Hartwell where we'll layover until the 27th. Will arrive in Cherokee that day.

Safe trippin' everyone! See ya'll there.

Dick

Dick, I think you are tarnishing Jim B's image. I am sure there is something he would not eat.
Well maybe I was wrong. Randy, Santha & the poodles

W2KL

Ms Dorothy and all,
Looking forward to pot luck and the rally! We plan on bringing "Nutty Puppies" (appetizer-a twist on 'pigs-in-a-blanket') and "Pronghorn Sliders" (meat-small burgers/cheese from my New Mexico hunt). C U all in about a week.

jbeletti

Dick, I think you are tarnishing Jim B's image. I am sure there is something he would not eat.
Well maybe I was wrong. Randy, Santha & the poodles

Well, I don't much care for yellow mustard. Other than that, yeah - it's all good :) But - I am low-carbing it at this time. Trying to be good. No sweets or potatoes in a couple weeks!

Jim

davebennington

Well time is really growing short only 7 days until rally day.

Dick you are going to find someone else to pick on as far as weight because the way Jim is going he will be a mere shadow of his former self.

Keep it up Jim it is a hard road you are on I know from experience.

Dave

MICKEY

Past Florida Chapter Leader
Jim;
Go Man Go. The hardest thing in the world is to diet. It takes a lot of will power and sometime I let the the devil get the best of me. Maybe it's time to feel the spirit again. I need to loose a bunch. Maybe we could start this next weekend....Nah that would be wrong.

jbeletti

Dick you are going to find someone else to pick on as far as weight because the way Jim is going he will be a mere shadow of his former self.

Dave

Dave, you are too kind. Doubt I've lost anything yet as we don't have a scale in the RV. How convenient :)

Jim

jbeletti

Dave

Dave, you are too kind. Doubt I've lost anything yet as we don't have a scale in the RV. How convenient :)

Jim

hillsonwheels

Wellllllllll, I'm told that jalapenos won't make you fat.....:D....especially if you eat enough of them???????????:eek:.........Good luck with that diet.

hillsonwheels

M
Hi Guy's;

I've been a little snowed under at work and haven't been able to respond. Please tell Reta I'm bringing a house guest for the Hills with me:) Also they need to get in the woods and start rampin' so we can have some ramps and eggs. They will know what I mean.
Looks like a big crowd for the regionals!
Hey Mickey, this is Reta...and you are going to be surprised when you all get there and "they" are already there waiting for you!!!!! ha.ha....

Flying Dutchman

Virginia Chapter Leaders - Retired
Hey Reta,
We are getting in on Thursday, too. Since you and Dick will be there already... What's for dinner? :D
Dorothy

Status
Not open for further replies.