EVENT: Heartland Regional Rally: NC, Cherokee - 4/29/2011 to 5/1/2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Dave, it looks like some fortunate work scheduling is going to occur that would allow me to take a couple of days off in late April, so as of right now we are planning on coming to the rally. We are scheduled to be on site 180, arriving on Thursday, departing on Sunday.

davebennington

Gus thet is great, glad you and Deb can make it.

Here is a update from the campground as of April 15 all the sites that have NOT been claimed by Heartlanders will be turned back into the campground for other people to use. So if you are thinking about coming to the rally the time is getting very short.

Dave

MICKEY

Past Florida Chapter Leader
Dave;

Looks like it's shaping up! Lots of friends to see again and new one to make. See ya Thursday.

davebennington

Mickey,

Happy to see that you can make it a day early, I am looking forward to seeing that truck you put together, it sounds like a very interesting project.

Dave

Randy

Founding Georgia Chapter Leader (Ret)
Oh Randy - Santha always knows what we "want" for a potluck. Her usual of course :) See you guys and the 16 paws at 4 Paws.

Jim

We sent Dorothy what Santha had suggested making for the potluck and she said fine. Dorothy wanted a
creative name. Santha suggested Beletti beans. I like it. Randy, Santha & the Poodles

jbeletti

...Santha suggested Beletti beans. I like it. Randy, Santha & the Poodles

I resemble that remark! Actually, that's the first dish I tasted of Santha's back in what, '06 or '07. Seems like forever ago. Make whatever the Poodles want - I'm sure I'l like that too :) See you in Cherokee!

Jim, Nancy & the Yorkies

davebennington

Here is an update on the list of attendees and what site they are on:

Attachments

• Cherokee Attendee 03-31-2011.doc
    84 KB · Views: 35

Flying Dutchman

Virginia Chapter Leaders - Retired
We are fortunate to have Butch and Karen Burson from RV's For Less in Knoxville be our dealer sponsor for our Eastern Regional Rally. Butch will host a seminar on Saturday morning where he will demonstrate the Reico Wireless Leveling System, and CorrectTrack, an axle alignment correction kit. Butch will have available discount coupons for these products for those who have interest in them. Butch will also answer any of your questions regarding the care and maintenance of your trailer. You will find that Butch and Karen are great folks with a passion for RV'ing that we enjoy as well.

I have also been told that following the Saturday evening catered meal we will all have an opportunity for "lady luck" to bestow some really great door prizes. Odds are really good for those attending to win a TireMinder tire pressure monitoring system that will come with 4 wireless transmitters, and a digital numerical read-out that can monitor up to 22 tires. If that's not enough, how about winning a 5 night camping stay in Pigeon Forge, TN. Great prizes for some lucky winners. But you have to be there to have a chance. There is still time and camp sites available for those that would still like to sign-up. It will be a fun and informative rally, and you will have a great time with fellow Heartlander's. Hope to see you there.

davebennington

Thanks for the update Eric, It sounds like RVsforLess are rally going to put on a great seminar. In addition they came up with some very good door prizes.

Dave

davebennington

I called the campground today and they gave me an update on the attendees.

Attachments

• Cherokee Attendee 04-6-2011.doc
    88 KB · Views: 28

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
The river next to the sewer plant that had the accident doesn't cross the mountain range to Cherokee. The river floss down the western side of the mountains toward Chattanooga. Cherokee will be fine.

davebennington

I just got off the phone with the folks at Cherokee and they said the same thing the spill will not effect the campground or surrounding area at all.

Dave

porthole

Retired
Just put it out for the info, I know the creek. Gatlinburg is a popular destination, as well as a decent campground to hit along the way.

trdeal

Past North Carolina Chapter Leader
Good Morning everyone,
Sorry to say, but Renee and I are not going to be able to attend the Cherokee rally.Something unexpected has come up for that Friday and we need to be with family.If all goes well here on Friday,Renee and I will drive up and spend Saturday with some of the best people in the world.Dave I called the cg and cancelled on Saturday but I noticed that we are still listed in your latest update.We hope you have a great rally!

jbeletti

Bummer - we'll miss you Terry and Renee :( Do what you have to do with family - that comes first. See you at the next one.

Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.