EVENT: Heartland Regional Rally: NY, Copake - 7/30/2015 to 8/2/2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

murry135

New York Chapter Leaders - retired
OK, here is the Golf low down for the Northeast Region Rally in Copake NY this up coming month. Undermountain Golf course is just about 15 minute drive from the CG and is a nicely maintained executive style course. 9 holes played from two sets of tee's. $40 weekend rate gets you 18 holes and a golf cart on Saturday or Sunday. Far better than the $60 plus elsewhere. Visited the course and looks great and would be just what we need for a nice afternoon out. Let me know if your interested and I will start a list and if need be reserve foursomes early. We could even maybe ply a second round on another day for that price.

Lou_and_Bette

I'm in, any where would be OK when you are playing with nice people, and sounds better than Goose infested place last time in Verona

murry135

Did not see one of those feather beast when I was there Lou but you never could tell where they are hiding. I will put my old 12ga. next to the driver in case we need help. I do have a NY hunters license.:p

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
Good news, Bad news.
Good news is Ginger is going to be able to make the rally. (Long story)
Bad news is we are not going to be able to leave till Tuesday the 28th, arriving in Copake on Wednesday.
Just happy the whole family is going!!

So, how's the campground for biking. Debating whether to bring Madi's bike.

Thanks
J

Rottiesmom

New York Chapter Leader - retired
Good news, Bad news.
Good news is Ginger is going to be able to make the rally. (Long story)
Bad news is we are not going to be able to leave till Tuesday the 28th, arriving in Copake on Wednesday.
Just happy the whole family is going!!

So, how's the campground for biking. Debating whether to bring Madi's bike.

Thanks
J

Yeah glad it all worked out for Ginger would of been a bummer without her. Bike riding is excellent at the campground most roads are level I would of brought mine there but unfortunately I am out of commission for bike riding for the summer. Can't wait to see you guys next weekend

murry135

So says the Hip Hop Flip Flop Momma. "No biking for me." One less crash to worry about I hope. BANG! What the heck was that now?;)

JWalker

We will be coming from Scranton PA on interstate 84 crossing into NY. Any route suggestions to Copake from there??

Thanks

Terry H

Past Texas North Chapter Leader/Moderator
Staff member
Jamie,

From I-84 go north on I- 87 Then take Exit 21 to RT-23/Catskill. Turn Left onto CR 23E, merge Left towards Hudson. Cross over Rip Van Winkle Bridge (toll) stay on 23E to NY82 (11.7 mi). Turn Left onto CR-7 (4.5 mi). KOA on Right. Total Distance 25.79 miles

porthole

Retired
Terry's route is the preferred" route, regardless of what your GPS says.
Crossing over the Hudson south of the campground will make for some interesting traveling. And, keep in mind, you can not drive on the Teconic State Parkway with a truck or trailer.

jnbhobe

Interesting to say the least I listen to the GPS so you know which way I came

Sent from my K010 using Tapatalk

Lou_and_Bette

Jamie,

From I-84 go north on I- 87 Then take Exit 21 to RT-23/Catskill. Turn Left onto CR 23E, merge Left towards Hudson. Cross over Rip Van Winkle Bridge (toll) stay on 23E to NY82 (11.7 mi). Turn Left onto CR-7 (4.5 mi). KOA on Right. Total Distance 25.79 miles

Just came a me that way an hour ago...watch for turn on to 23E and again on CR7. Lots of twisty turns, but good route...$10 to cross bridge for me

Rottiesmom

New York Chapter Leader - retired
Jamie,

Follow Terry way if GPS says an earlier exit don't go that way it has a lot of twisty turns and many low tree branches. Also when you come to the PA/NY state line by Matamoras there is construction work on the bridge going over the Delaware river so give yourself some extra time as it goes down to one lane and depending on the time of day it could take you a while to get through. Travel safe and I'll see you guys after work on Thursday.

JWalker

Jamie,

Follow Terry way if GPS says an earlier exit don't go that way it has a lot of twisty turns and many low tree branches. Also when you come to the PA/NY state line by Matamoras there is construction work on the bridge going over the Delaware river so give yourself some extra time as it goes down to one lane and depending on the time of day it could take you a while to get through. Travel safe and I'll see you guys after work on Thursday.

Thanks. Leaving after work on Tuesday. Pine Grove PA as a layover. Hopefully Copake around 2 on Wednesday.

- - - Updated - - -

Ez pass will work

Sent from my K010 using Tapatalk

Great. Have the AC on high when we get there. I'll need a place to cool down.

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
Attention Gentlemen of the rally! Our Recreation Director, Dean, will be dealing your Poker hands this evening! Games start at 6:00 in the Craft Room.

Status
Not open for further replies.