EVENT: North American Heartland Rally: IN, Goshen - 6/15/2011 to 6/19/2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbeletti

Re: 8 of us here now!

Guessing about 30 RVs rolled into Goshen today. Bet we're nearing the 75 rig mark. Rally on!

Jim

Bobby A

cdbMidland,
Chuck B.,
Could you please email or private message me about service. We have a problem on the way here, wondering if we can change our service request at this late date.
It is a cracked nipple on the water heater. Not sure if they will help with this.
thanks,
Nita

If you don't find a brass check valve I may have a plastic one in my parts bin, I'm on site NW402
Bobby A

jbeletti

Jim, Thanks. Wayne does want to use a brass one, but as you said, we may need someone that has changed it out to help us out on getting the size until we can get this one out. Hoping it comes out easily.
thanks for the info.
Nita

Help at the rally from fellow Heartlanders, you will get :) That plastic check valve coming out easy - not so much :( They are usually semi-melted in and may need to be chipped out. If you have time on your stops prior to arrival, start chipping it out and cleaning it up. It will make the repair here much faster.

Jim

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
Help at the rally from fellow Heartlanders, you will get :) That plastic check valve coming out easy - not so much :( They are usually semi-melted in and may need to be chipped out. If you have time on your stops prior to arrival, start chipping it out and cleaning it up. It will make the repair here much faster.

Jim

If, in fact, it does break apart coming out, the easiest and quickest way to finish removing the "melted" parts left on the threads is to "tap" it out...eight hours of chipping, and the tap did the job in seconds!!

If you get here and still don't have it out...we have a tap...see us on site #444.

Kathy

DougAndJudy

Jim

I have a 1/2" ipt tap with me that will clean the threads of all the remaining plastic (been there, done that...). We'll be in this afternoon from Clinton, IN. In space SO 201.

Bobby A

I guess I was lucky a couple months back, I gingerly removed mine expecting it to break off in my channel locks, but got it out without incident. It must of been my lucky day !! Anyway, offer still stands if you can't find a brass one.
Bobby A

kwolbeck

My count shows we have 136 of our scheduled rally attendees here, place is filling up and looking good. It will look even better as more roll in tomorrow. Welcome to all that have already arrived and safe travels to those enroute.

Kevin

Netem

Left late after the storms blew through. Anyone heading up 55 from St. Louis, construction off and on all the way to Chicago. One lane traffic on 80 first 4 miles. Stopped for the night at Martins camp Ground in Joliet. If all goes well will be at the Rally mid day. Saw a Landmark and Cyclone heading south on 55 yesterday I guess they were looking for warmer weather. 54 deg. here this morning.

dick12444

Just got back from Lambright Comfort Chairs outside Shipshewanna, picked-up a high backed swivel rocker recliner with ottoman to replace standard chairs.
Having a second one made to get Fri. If anyone wants to see it, we're at MS-287.,

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
We're also looking at some Lambright chairs. They're beautiful and have the easiest working recliners that we've ever seen.

Niles

Lambright must of been the place today, we checked to see if we could get a couch to fit in the back, no luck. But we sure enjoy our gliders we got from him about three years ago. site 455 if anyone wants to see.

kwolbeck

Just finished tabulating all of todays parking sheets and it looks like we have 183 to 186 rally attendees present, will have to run around in the morning to verify empty sites to see who came in later this evening. Only 32 - 35 more to come in over the next couple days. The fairgrounds, from one end to the other is looking mighty good with all the Heartland campers filling it.

Kevin

GETnBYE

Swap European Recliner for Standard Recliners?

Anyone interested in doing a swap at the Rally contact Boca Shuffles (Tom & Bobbi) at site 250. We have two taupe leatherette recliners might might be interested in swapping.

Cell phone is 248-345-2478.

Tom, your digits look short one number.
would like to look at your chairs. in site So. 239

Last edited by a moderator:

GETnBYE

A Huge Thank you to Jim and all of the crew for such a great rally.
We hope you all know that we do see how hard you work to make this all go so smoothly.

Thanks to Mark and Linda Comer for all your hard work also. I have enjoyed getting to know you both.

Very impressed with the service!!! They are fantastic and have worked so hard. I wonder if they will be glad to see us all roll out of here?
Everyone was right when they told us not to miss the home rally. So glad to meet other Alabama and Mississippi members.
Had a great time and it's not even over yet. Excited to go to the factory.

Nita

clubmgr

Heartland Owners Club Manager
Staff member
Thanks to Jim and everyone who worked so hard to put on the biggest and "baddest" rally yet!

Status
Not open for further replies.