Fed up with dealership

TxCowboy

Not to resurrect a slightly dated thread but my new Landmark was delivered with the rear portion of the coloplast flapping in the breeze. I looked under the rear and there was a big X cut through the coroplast just behind the power cable reel. Each cut is about 2 feet long.

The dealership was working on this area last week and apparently they decided to shortcut the repair and cut the coroplast instead of dropping it and reinstalling it. I was contacted by the dealership just this morning so they could gauge my purchase experience. Lots of good stuff but clearly this was a BAD. I expect to hear from the dealership's General Manager early next week.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Cutting the coroplast is the shortcut way dealers use to access the undercarrage. Not the best way because there is really not a good way to reseal it. The whole coroplast shouuld be replaced.

danemayer

If you have a drop frame, the front section of coroplast can be removed relatively easily. But if you look at the rear section, you'll find that it's jammed tightly into place in front, and in the back, it's tucked up into the rear cap.

Maybe someone who has taken down the rear section, without cutting it, can comment on the difficulty level of removing the rear section.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
We had to take our rear coroplast down. We cut it at the rear cap and then when we put it back up we taped that area back together and then sprayed it with the 'as seen on TV' sealant spray to keep it in place.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
The rear and middle coroplast will have to dropped on our Prowler as the heating ducts in the kitchen and living room are blocked up so we are not getting any heat in there.

But upstairs the bedroom and bathroom are getting blasted out by heat!

I noticed that all of the coroplast on the bottom of our Prowler feels very brittle, so I'm hoping that maybe that will get replaced under warranty as well.

I know that is a long shot . . . but I don't think it will last very long, especially if they start cutting away at it to get to the heating ducts!

farside291

I wanted to give an update on my service experience with Explore USA in Fort worth. I ended up having EXPLORE USA fix the trailer after all. I took the trailer out this weekend for the first time and I am happy to say they did an outstanding job on the repair. The damage was extensive to the floor and after repairing the floor and replacing all of the flooring the only evidence of the repair is a small floor plate that goes across the downstairs bathroom floor directly beneath the door. They did not pull the wall or pantry and I am kind of glad they didn't. All the external brackets that were bent have been replaced. The slide is smooth and quiet now. I am taking it for 7 weeks on the road next week if I don't write back then everything worked as advertised. Keeping my fingers crossed. Kudos to Explore USA for a good job.

TxCowboy

Glad to hear that all of these issues were finally addressed by HL and the dealer. Keep us apprised of your travels and how well things wear for you when you're on your trip. :)