First Pa Chapter 2009 Rally

jbeletti

Camped in the Wisconsin Dells (WI) and had sort of a mini-family reunion this weekend. Rained Friday but held off Saturday and Sunday albeit oppressively hot and humid. But we made the most of it and had a nice time.

Looking forward to the PA rally. See you Thursday afternoon.

Jim

dieselsweetheart

I 58 will be nice and dry for your arrival Gus! BTW, I think I flew through some of that bad weather coming down into BWI...we bumped around more than usual. I am not a fan of bumping around as the diesel engineer can tell you~ driving home along the 695 and 83 North into York the skies were really threatening...but only about 50 drops and then was out of the scary stuff. DH said we had a bad storm go through here at 5:30p and my son swore a tornado was coming the winds were so bad...lots of tree limbs and leaves down...

dieselsweetheart

Ok, I had posted this from my phone but don't see it.... someone asked about coming up 15N as opposed to 83? Well, 15 up in the Harrisburg area is a mess, so I don't recommend that... construction on an interchange has cattle shoots and one lanes... I would stick to 83 North coming up from the VA-MD area.... 83 North to the split of 83/81...jump on 81 North to exit 90. Then see previously posted directions from Exit 90.

dieselsweetheart

Debbie...you saw a Big Horn at the KOA?? Wonder where he was going? Is he from PA do you know??? I hope he gets in touch with us soon....

Did you meet Ookie??? She works at the check-in desk... she's the one who helped Jim and me reserve the sites... She has the permanent Big Country there...we invited her to the dinner...

porthole

Retired
Since Cabala's will be on the way for us was thinking about stopping to see what all the fuss is about.

Anyone know if the Hamburg "C" allows dogs in the store?

dieselsweetheart

D & D you will enjoy Cabala's... nice store... don't know about the dog though... I would give a call first 'cause you don't want to leave your dog in a hot car!!

jbeletti

Generator and AC - I could spoil them a bit :D

Exactly what we do :) Did this yesterday on the way home from the Wisconsin Dells. Stopped at the Petro on 90 near Portage, WI for some chow.

The generator is a luxury item for many (myself included) but man, it is handy!

Jim

iforget

New Jersey Chapter Leader-retired
D & D you will enjoy Cabala's... nice store... don't know about the dog though... I would give a call first 'cause you don't want to leave your dog in a hot car!!

NEVER!!
Duane and I are very involved in golden retriever rescue and putting an end to puppy mills.

dieselsweetheart

Hey everybody... Gus had emailed me about google earth directions that caught DH's eye.... according to that site, you can't make a left once you get off at Exit 90 down to the Love's. What happened was... Jim and I made that trip FROM the campground and NOT from 81. SO....we are headed there now to see what the deal is....

stay tuned!!!!!!!!

jnbhobe

WE MAKE IT !! Pine Grove is home for a week. Check-in was a little confusing no one had a clue, But I'm a day early, Have to move to my site Q-46 tomorrow in Q-48 now. Met Bill-40 when we pulled in and Deb is here too I think. Can't believe I 'm 600 posts behind, Time to mark posts read. Time to relax now and meet everyone thats here and wait for everyone else.HURRY UP!!!! JON & PATTI

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Hey everybody... Gus had emailed me about google earth directions that caught DH's eye.... according to that site, you can't make a left once you get off at Exit 90 down to the Love's. What happened was... Jim and I made that trip FROM the campground and NOT from 81. SO....we are headed there now to see what the deal is....

stay tuned!!!!!!!!

Wow - hope I'm not sending you on a wild goose chase! It's crazy that Google Maps and Mapquest are so different on their directions. I t was that Google direction to " Go West a half mile and make a U-Turn" that was most interesting. Then it also refers to PA72 as PA1001, and then shows PA1001 splitting before it gets to PA 443. Such fun!

WE MAKE IT !! Pine Grove is home for a week. Check-in was a little confusing no one had a clue, But I'm a day early, Have to move to my site Q-46 tomorrow in Q-48 now. Met Bill-40 when we pulled in and Deb is here too I think. Can't believe I 'm 600 posts behind, Time to mark posts read. Time to relax now and meet everyone thats here and wait for everyone else.HURRY UP!!!! JON & PATTI

Sounds like musical chairs:eek:. Deb said she'd drain the water from Sunday's rain off my site.:) Would you sweep the gravel so it's clean?:D :rolleyes: See ya soon.

iforget

New Jersey Chapter Leader-retired
The Hamburg, PA Cabela's webpage (listed under "Amenities") states only "service dogs are allowed indoors". Outdoor kennels are available.
Thank you for taking the time to research that for us.:)
Well then one golden can go in and one golden can stay in "their" kennels.
ONLY KIDDING DUANE... :p;)
Just know that we should leave two hours earlier now and then make sure we have a timer with us.

I (we) really love to shop but I am more excited to be going to our first rally..and there are friends already having fun without us..

Oops if Duane hears me say that knowing it would be the CGC dog staying behind, he probably wont take me to the rally!
I guess they will be safe inside.

dieselsweetheart

Hey everyone...false alarm on the no left turn...you will be ok... (Don't worry Gus, Jim and I only live about 40 mins away and then we were out for ice cream!~)

So, you 81 North-bounders....Exit 90...at the end of the off ramp there is a light (Fisher Ave). Turn left here. Then go a block to the light, turn left here... (there is a HESS gas station at this corner).... that left will put you on 72 North and the rest of the directions are as posted.

For any of you soldiers who were stationed at Indiantown Gap on the way to or on the way back from the war... Indiantown Gap is only 3 mi. from that exit. We may hear some helicopter action while at camp.

Deb (from New Jersey), Bill 40, and Patti and John are there. Deb has her Heartland Banner out.... we are really looking forward to our time here!!

cableman

We are also 1 hour north of the burgh few miles west of Butler. I just joined couple minutes ago but won't be able to make this rally either. looking forward to future rallies and camping the rest of this year.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Looks like some bad storms headed your way up there at the Campground area. Be on the lookout and take care.

dieselsweetheart

Yeah they had a big storm come through last night...the camp is surrounded by mountains which is really pretty, but they storms come over those pretty fast. They said they had little time to get their awnings up before the storm really hit.
We had lightning come through here too with a little rain.

dieselsweetheart

Just a reminder for all of you not at camp yet...don't forget any yard sale items... we will hold a yard sale (area to be determined) on Sat morning. Camping or non-camping items welcome....!