First Pa Chapter 2009 Rally

phranc

say Boat to 5er .. Do you use '17' ? another alternate is 15 comes out in Harrisbug. I'm sure living down south of us you know the best way..
We are gearing up and getting ready. Leaving sat for a few days in Ohio before
going to rally.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
say Boat to 5er .. Do you use '17' ? another alternate is 15 comes out in Harrisbug. I'm sure living down south of us you know the best way..
We are gearing up and getting ready. Leaving sat for a few days in Ohio before
going to rally.

I use US17 going South, but never have going North. US15 gets too hilly and winding for my tastes. I might do that if I didn't mind how long it takes me, but with a 5 year old along on the trip I want to get there as quickly as possible:).

bill40

I haven't been down for a couple months but there was a lot of construction in and around Leesburg on 15, and it is only two lanes. Could be finished by now. You are right Gus the hills and turns are still there. Good road once you cross the river.There are cattle shoots on 15 just outside Camp Hill where you pick up 81 or 83 north. Not a problem unless you run into traffic. See you there. Bill

Freckles

Founding New York Chapter Leader-Retired
WOW !! Hard to believe at this time next week we will be at the Rally !! Looking forward to meeting everyone . Greg & Beth & are 2 four legged kids Ruffus & Tugger :D

Smokeyfl

We took the week off, so are headed up to PA tomorrow to the Allentown KOA to visit our daughter and family. From there, it is just a short hop to the rally. This is our first rally and we are really looking forward to meeting everyone! We will be there Wednesday. Anyone else gets there early, come over and say hello. See you there!

John and Donna Dunning (Smokeyfl)

iforget

New Jersey Chapter Leader-retired
WOW !! Hard to believe at this time next week we will be at the Rally !! Looking forward to meeting everyone . Greg & Beth & are 2 four legged kids Ruffus & Tugger :D

Oh boy, now I am getting excited! Our first trip out with our new Cyclone and surrounded by our new Heartland friends! Who could ask for anything more?
Well maybe one more thing: a quick recovery for Greg! You will be in our thoughts.

I think I have to go outside and tell Duane (aka Porthole) to stop with all the modifications he is doing so we can start packing! I am sure he will be posting more pictures but the last modification really seemed like something that should be done automatically on the production line.. Imagine my surprise when I went outside last night and he had the couch all in pieces!! However, adding electrical outlets on both sides of the couch will make it much easier to plug in my laptop now.
Everyone have a safe trip to Pine Grove and we will see you there!

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
We took the week off, so are headed up to PA tomorrow to the Allentown KOA to visit our daughter and family. From there, it is just a short hop to the rally. This is our first rally and we are really looking forward to meeting everyone! We will be there Wednesday. Anyone else gets there early, come over and say hello. See you there!

We are leaving this morning so we'll be looking for you to arrive!:)

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
Last thing to go in the truck is the kitties and the laptop! Bye, see Ya'll there!!! Cheryl, call me if you need anything!:D

bill40

We will see you all on Monday, Izzy(our cat) is watching me load. Yep laptops are the last to go in.

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
We are leaving around 3:00 on Thursday, hopefully we will get there around 6:30. Pray for no traffic and good weather. Looks like we will be the only Travel Trailer there. We will be in a surrounded be Bighorns, Big Country's, Sundances and Cyclones. Just look for the smallest Heartland there. Have a safe trip everyone.

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
Hello All, we arrived safe and sound except that we are flat landers from the Jersey Coast. Nobody ever told me just how loud the fan for the turbo was gonna be. Never heard it before. A word to the wise, if you obtained directions to Twin Grove via their internet site.....throw them away if you are planning on heading west on I-78/22. Yolanda (thats the girl in the dashboard box) told us to continue to I-81 but the directions from the campground link said to get off at Exit 10 onto 645. DON'T DO IT!!!!! There is a sharp turn and it's straight uphill and uphill, and uphill some more!!! No kidding! Listen to your dashboard girlfriend she knows best. Well gotta hit the pool and get the rest of the set up done so I'll check in again later.

dieselengineer

Charter Member
Oh, if you used rt 645 that was not good.

Everyone, please use exit 90 on PA 81. There is a Loves truck stop at this exit to fill all those thirsty FORD's. Take rt 72 north after passing the Love's station, goes 4 miles when it will turn into 443 East, (take the 443 fork) campground is about 2.7 miles from the 443 fork on your left. Note: when you first get onto 72 north it is 6.7 miles to the campground on the left.

DMAX154

How would one go about joining the PA chapter? We are located in westeren PA about an hour north of Pittsburgh. We will not be able to attend this weekend my wife and I are leaving for vacation. I would be intrested if future events and joining as well. Is there any other planned events for the rest of the 09 season?

boatto5er

Hello All, we arrived safe and sound except that we are flat landers from the Jersey Coast. Nobody ever told me just how loud the fan for the turbo was gonna be. Never heard it before. A word to the wise, if you obtained directions to Twin Grove via their internet site.....throw them away if you are planning on heading west on I-78/22. Yolanda (thats the girl in the dashboard box) told us to continue to I-81 but the directions from the campground link said to get off at Exit 10 onto 645. DON'T DO IT!!!!! There is a sharp turn and it's straight uphill and uphill, and uphill some more!!! No kidding! Listen to your dashboard girlfriend she knows best. Well gotta hit the pool and get the rest of the set up done so I'll check in again later.

Deb - glad you made it safe and sound. We're pulling out around 9:30 Thursday morning. Should be there in around 4 - 4 1/2 hours.

How would one go about joining the PA chapter? We are located in westeren PA about an hour north of Pittsburgh. We will not be able to attend this weekend my wife and I are leaving for vacation. I would be intrested if future events and joining as well. Is there any other planned events for the rest of the 09 season?

I'm sure Jim (DieselEngineer) or Cheryl (Diesels Sweetheart) will contact you soon. They are the PA chapter leaders.

dieselsweetheart

Hi everyone from Cincinnati Ohio where I am visiting a girlfriend with whom I went through the Univ. of Phoenix program..both undergrad and grad school... there are 5 of us who made friends and we call ourselves the "Phoenix Phive" and we hold reunions each year. Funny how we became so close when the program was all online and we had not met each other face to face until 2006 when we met up in New York. We felt as though we had known each other for years and were that comfortable with each other right off the bat!!

Well, we are winding down the final days of rally prep and some of you are already there...hope you are enjoying the KOA and finding it roomy and attractive. Jim and I will be pulling in on the 12th... we will have a lot of prep work there to make sure that rally go-ers coming later have everything they need.

I am flying home today so I will be back to regular communications in the morning! Safe travels everyone!!!

Here is my cell # should you need anything.... 717-497-8459

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
Hello from KOA - The rain this morning made things interesting but the weekenders cleared out early and made lots of room for Y'all. :D John is cooling off in the pool while I check in with you.

Met a bighorn owner from about an hour away. He was trying to pack in in a hurry but I gave him a card and told him it was too bad he was going to miss the rally. He said he knew about the owners club but only from the information that came with his 5er. I gave him all the information I could including the forum address and Cheryl's name. He was rushing about trying to beat the downpour :eek: so I left him to his chores.

Well, gotta surf...........see you soon.

boatto5er

Hope you missed the bad weather this afternoon! It looked like there was a severe thunderstorm watch over all of Pennsylvania. By the way, would you check site I-58 and pump any standing water out of it before I arrive Thursday afternoon?:D