I'm back!

Chippendale

Re: It’s been a great ride!

Jim, Lil Guy texted me a few minutes ago and suggested I check the Forum. I am shocked they took a step like that, what a stupid move on their part. I guess the powers that be think they are the reason there is such product loyalty among Owner's Club Members. They may get a rude awakening if they see their repeat sales fade away. Glad you moved to Texas, now you are one of us, welcome.

George

pegmikef

Jim, hopefully this is a temporary thing as I hope it is for all who have abruptly lost their jobs due to this virus deal. Not only have you always been the "heartbeat" of the club, rallies, and many other activities, you have also always been an invaluable source of RV knowledge for all. If you didn't always immediately know the answer or resolution to a problem, you always used your resources to get the answer or to solve a problem. I remember you relaying blow by blow procedures form your source on the phone for bypassing a slide motor so a malfunctioning slide could be closed. What was impressive was that it was a Sunday morning. I know that you have helped me out of a couple of tight spots and have always pointed me in the right direction when I needed help. Thank you Jim and I hope you will be back when this deal is over.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Re: It’s been a great ride! So long "for now"

NO - Jim B. at Heartland is like NO - Kobe Bryant in baseball. Luckily the good news is you can come back when all of this is over.
You and Nancy have become great friends and we look forward to seeing you again soon.
You know where we are if you need anything.
See you soon buddy !!!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Flying Dutchman

Virginia Chapter Leaders - Retired

Wow Jim, this news is hard to take! We are definitely in troubled times and I know many lives are changed forever, but concerning Heartland RV's and the Owners Club this is huge! You were the founder of the HOC. Your vision and steadfast direction turned a "club" into a "family". So much so that the family expanded in size and location all across our great Nation over the years. We first met you at the 2009 National Rally in Goshen and we immediately felt welcomed and valued. Through the following years, I can't begin to mention all of the times you assisted with issues and various problems not just for me, but for all that are "family" within the HOC. My decision to purchase three Heartland RV's over the years was in part due to my commitment to the Heartland product but especially to remain within the family of the HOC. You my friend have had a major impact on my RV life, much more than I can properly describe here. It is my fondest wish that you will once more be at the helm. We wish you and Nancy much happiness and God's blessings with your new home in Texas. May our paths cross again soon, and remember as family that you are always welcome to drop in on us at anytime.

porthole

Retired

JB - you already know how I feel. Sad news.

Now you can go to rallies and sit back and relax.

Randy

Founding Georgia Chapter Leader (Ret)

Jim, Santha and I wish the best for you and Nancy. You are the owners club and I mean that with all of my Heart.
God bless both of you and the four legged children. Please keep in touch. Randy, Santha and the Poodles

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC

Sorry to hear this Jim, though not overly surprised. Hopefully Heartland pays attention to the forum and to this thread to see how valuable you are to their product owners. We are their best advertisement and we value your leadership and representation.

Good luck with your home build and stay in touch, even though we won't be seeing you at a rally this year.

Mark and Kristy

Dan & Sally Sullivan

Jm,
We always admired the vision you had for the club and your career! We have made lifelong friends in the Heartland Club!Thanks for that! We have enjoyed so many rallies and we looking forward to many more!
Best of Luck and Great Adventures ahead for you and Nancy!
Sally and Dan Sullivan

jbeletti

Jim, Lil Guy texted me a few minutes ago and suggested I check the Forum. I am shocked they took a step like that, what a stupid move on their part. I guess the powers that be think they are the reason there is such product loyalty among Owner's Club Members. They may get a rude awakening if they see their repeat sales fade away. Glad you moved to Texas, now you are one of us, welcome.

George

Hi George (and Dolly your fur-child too!) - yes, we are now one of you - Texans!

Please don't take Heartland's decision as a reflection of what they thought about my impact. I believe this is purely an economic decision and I am among many there in the same boat. Hopefully, many of us will be back yet this year. I appreciate your friendship, am pleased I got to know you over the course of many rallies. As we're both in Texas, we should cross paths at some point. You and Dolly take care.

jnbhobe

Re: It’s been a great ride! So long "for now"

WOW !! hard to believe but I understand, we go back a long way since 08 in Branson and many many more. A lot of good times with Cookie Kenny and you. You will be back, better than ever. I too am laid off for the first time in 51years. Take care my friend.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

jbeletti

Jm,
We always admired the vision you had for the club and your career! We have made lifelong friends in the Heartland Club!Thanks for that! We have enjoyed so many rallies and we looking forward to many more!
Best of Luck and Great Adventures ahead for you and Nancy!
Sally and Dan Sullivan

Hi Sally and Dan! So sad we won't be seeing you guys in Oregon this June :(. Thank you for the kind words and I am pleased you enjoyed the rallies. We've had some amazing leaders in the club, all over North America. Here's hoping you can get back to rallying with your pals in the second half of the year.

- - - Updated - - -

WOW !! hard to believe but I understand, we go back a long way since 08 in Branson and many many more. A lot of good times with Cookie Kenny and you. You will be back, better than ever. I too am laid off for the first time in 51years. Take care my friend.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Jon my friend - and Patti too. We do go back a long ways. So many super great memories. I am so sorry to hear you too are laid off. This is really a weird time for many of us. I have to figure out how to apply for unemployment and possibly collect for the first time in my life.

Take your time off to rest and enjoy your family once it's safe to have larger gatherings. Hugs to Miss Patti!

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry to hear this Jim, though not overly surprised. Hopefully Heartland pays attention to the forum and to this thread to see how valuable you are to their product owners. We are their best advertisement and we value your leadership and representation.

Good luck with your home build and stay in touch, even though we won't be seeing you at a rally this year.

Mark and Kristy

Hi Mark and Kristy! First, let me say THANK YOU for your leadership in the club for so many years. Excellent job and your club benefited greatly from your leadership.

Yes, I think Heartland will likely see this thread. And while all the kindness is appreciated here, I know Heartland understands not only my contribution but also what the club means to our customers and members and how it's one ingredient to a recipe that keeps you in the brand.

I hope to see you both and your two fur-kids down the road!

- - - Updated - - -

Jim, Santha and I wish the best for you and Nancy. You are the owners club and I mean that with all of my Heart.
God bless both of you and the four legged children. Please keep in touch. Randy, Santha and the Poodles

Randy and Santha and all the Poodles - I miss you guys! Thank you both for not only your many years of leadership within the club, but your huge heart for animals that have been cast away and for the way you both pitched in at every single rally you attended. You guys are amazing. I hope to see you down the road!

- - - Updated - - -

JB - you already know how I feel. Sad news.

Now you can go to rallies and sit back and relax.

Hi Duane (and Deb and the fur children) - It is sad for me as well but this too shall pass and who know - I may be back at some point.

Thank you and Deb both for your leadership in the Club as well as all the wisdom you've provided to others on this forum, then and still.

I'm wishing you all the best with your rally this September I think it is. Hoping that the rally is held and that the attendees have a fabulous time as they are in good, experienced hands. See ya somewhere old friend.

- - - Updated - - -

Wow Jim, this news is hard to take! We are definitely in troubled times and I know many lives are changed forever, but concerning Heartland RV's and the Owners Club this is huge! You were the founder of the HOC. Your vision and steadfast direction turned a "club" into a "family". So much so that the family expanded in size and location all across our great Nation over the years. We first met you at the 2009 National Rally in Goshen and we immediately felt welcomed and valued. Through the following years, I can't begin to mention all of the times you assisted with issues and various problems not just for me, but for all that are "family" within the HOC. My decision to purchase three Heartland RV's over the years was in part due to my commitment to the Heartland product but especially to remain within the family of the HOC. You my friend have had a major impact on my RV life, much more than I can properly describe here. It is my fondest wish that you will once more be at the helm. We wish you and Nancy much happiness and God's blessings with your new home in Texas. May our paths cross again soon, and remember as family that you are always welcome to drop in on us at anytime.

Hi Eric and Dorothy - thank you so much for all the kind words and well wishes. Thank you also for your many years of club leadership. You guys have been great friends and I hope we cross paths again!

- - - Updated - - -

NO - Jim B. at Heartland is like NO - Kobe Bryant in baseball. Luckily the good news is you can come back when all of this is over.
You and Nancy have become great friends and we look forward to seeing you again soon.
You know where we are if you need anything.
See you soon buddy !!!

Jerrod! Love you man!

You know somehow, someway, someday, we will get the band back together! The music will play, the old fashioneds will flow (totally adorned with amendments (chubs)).

Hugs to Rhonda and Zoey! Miss you guys - see you in the next round of text messages :)

- - - Updated - - -

Jim, hopefully this is a temporary thing as I hope it is for all who have abruptly lost their jobs due to this virus deal. Not only have you always been the "heartbeat" of the club, rallies, and many other activities, you have also always been an invaluable source of RV knowledge for all. If you didn't always immediately know the answer or resolution to a problem, you always used your resources to get the answer or to solve a problem. I remember you relaying blow by blow procedures form your source on the phone for bypassing a slide motor so a malfunctioning slide could be closed. What was impressive was that it was a Sunday morning. I know that you have helped me out of a couple of tight spots and have always pointed me in the right direction when I needed help. Thank you Jim and I hope you will be back when this deal is over.

Mike (and Peg) - you have great recall :). I do spend a lot of time on the phone, forums, email, text and at rallies - doing what I can. From being a hands-on product owner, having access to the plants and reading many thousands of forum posts, I have gained much knowledge and am always ready to help others, using that knowledge.

Hope to see you guys down the road. Now get back out there and keep making San Angelo beautiful by transforming Peggy's yard!

- - - Updated - - -

All I can say is 'WOW!

Didn't see that coming...never would have guessed it in a million years...no, make that a billion years!

However, these are trying times and as I like to think...everything happens for a reason!

As far as I'm concerned, there is nobody that can do for the Heartland Owners Club what you have done over the years as you have that special 'something' that just created the energy that Made the HOC what it is and made people want to be a part of it!

And I don't know of anyone who will be able to fill your shoes in that capacity in the future.

Had it not been for you, I probably would not have replaced my first Heartland with the second one...

I looked around at several new 5'vers of other brands, but decided to stick with Heartland...mainly because of the HOC and the comradery that was part of it...and knowing that I could call you 'friend'!

While we no longer have an RV and have moved on to new horizons, I wish you all the best for whatever you and Nancy decide to do!

And if you ever get down this way (Yuma, AZ)...well, you've still got my phone number!

I owe you guys lunch next time...

JohnD! You are too kind my friend. We have a long history and ended up with a great relationship. I wish I would have gotten to know your new gal but perhaps we'll connect down the road. Never be a stranger. Take care!

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry to hear this Jim.
I for one can vouch you helped make Heartland RV what it is today. Sorry to hear about them have let you go but hope it is not forever. We can say you and Nancy were the nicest people we ever had the pleasure to meet.
stay safe and let’s hope we all land on our feet once this terrible virus is past us.

Enjoy your new home and stay safe.

John & Judy Firth

Hi John and Judy - it was great to get to know you guys so many years ago. I wish we'd have gotten to see you more in recent years. Thank you for the kind words friend. I hope to be back. Stay safe my friends!

david-steph2018

Sorry to hear about this. Even if we only meet last June at the National Rally it was great. Meeting you and Nancy was a great moment for us. Thank you for all of your assistance in getting our Road Warrior flooring repaired at Affinity that time. We will be sitting at Medina Lake in Lakehills Texas for the next month or so, you guys stay safe in these times.

jbeletti

Sorry to see this happen. Hopefully, after all the dust settles, they can bring you back.

Good luck my friend. Stay well and hugs to you, Nancy, and the fur babies.

Thank you! Hoping for the best and looking to Him for direction.

- - - Updated - - -

Nothing that I can add that everyone hasn't. The Club you built has been a source of so many friendships for not just Connie and I, but thousands of others.

A door is shutting. I know you'll find the window that's opening.

Hi Bob (and Connie and pups)!

Great to hear from you happy you have enjoyed the club. Thank you both for your past leadership in the club as well. Prayers for Connie - I am so sorry for her illness.

Yes to another door opening or even that same door re-opening. Take care friends.

'Lil Guy'

I just started thinking back to the times Jim worked on my different rigs at the rallies. I don't remember a time when he wasn't repairing or assisting in fixing other peoples problems on their rigs at every rally I attended and that's been a bunch. I kind of wish now that all of us had just had it repaired under warranty and let HL pick up the bill. You definitely gave HL your all. Probably ought to start a list of repairs you made on everyone's rigs over the years. Again, HL couldn't have had a better, more loyal rep in the field for their products. Good luck Jim and I'm sure we'll meet up again down the road.

jbeletti

I just started thinking back to the times Jim worked on my different rigs at the rallies. I don't remember a time when he wasn't repairing or assisting in fixing other peoples problems on their rigs at every rally I attended and that's been a bunch. I kind of wish now that all of us had just had it repaired under warranty and let HL pick up the bill. You definitely gave HL your all. Probably ought to start a list of repairs you made on everyone's rigs over the years. Again, HL couldn't have had a better, more loyal rep in the field for their products. Good luck Jim and I'm sure we'll meet up again down the road.

Frank my friend, you are too kind sir. I've been crawling in, under and on people's rigs since 2006 and truth be told, I do it because I love to do it and love "doing for others". You and Debbie have been rock stars at rallies. Your hospitality knows no bounds, whether it as Frank's Breakfast Extravaganza or the Tiki Bar. So much giving to others - so much fun. I will miss you both but hope that we can all get back together again soon! Thank you Frank and Debbie!

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry to hear this news Jim and hoping that once this situation eases you'll be back refreshed and ready to go. I feel you are the GLUE between the owners and Heartland and have done such a great job helping and guiding the Club Chapter Leaders and Directors. Take care and hopefully we will meet again along the road or at a Rally. Doug & Lynne

Thank you Doug and Lynne - thank you for all you've done for the club. I really appreciate you guys and will miss you. That said, I hope to be back. In the meantime, Julie is there and she really is the glue that holds it together at club HQ.

CDN

B and B

All the best Jim. Happy to have met you and might see you on the road sometime soon!

Brian

jbeletti

Deidra & I send our heartfelt wishes to both you and Nancy (and the fur babies) this morning. We feel fortunate to have originally met you and the Heartland 'group' back at the Las Vegas National Rally, and have looked up to you and the organization you helped create, ever since. And as one of the lucky few to be able to step into one of your demo rigs (and truck!), you showed us how genuine you both are - not only in your role at Heartland, but as humans, openly gracious and welcoming. We thank you for that, most of all.

We all look forward to retirement, yet none of us ever wish it to be pushed upon us - no matter the circumstances. We wish God's grace upon you both, as we as a nation do our best to uphold our citizens, our workmates, our neighbors, friends and family.

We hope to see you on down the road, and look forward to watching as your dream home slowly becomes a dream's reality.

Ken & Deidra

Hi Ken and Deidra - thank you for the well wishes! 2016 in Vegas was a special time for so many. Julie, the team and I were so happy to put that one on so far west for our more western regions and their members. So cool that you were able to buy both our demo coach and our truck. Sort of wish I still had that truck. I LOVE my F150 but pulling with a dually is so much better IMO.

We do look for His direction in this. See you down the road!

Oregon_Camper

I see them "firing" you as a benefit vs a negative. Let me explain.

If you are fired, for no reason of your own, then you qualify for and can claim unemployment AND right now you get an extra $600 per week.

If Heartland had simply put you on a furlough, then you get no pay....and don't qualify for unemployment.

Now...of course this SUCKS, but Heartland knows you are the lifeblood of this forum and community. They would NEVER keep you unemployed once life returns to normal.

jbeletti

I see them "firing" you as a benefit vs a negative. Let me explain.

If you are fired, for no reason of your own, then you qualify for and can claim unemployment AND right now you get an extra $600 per week.

If Heartland had simply put you on a furlough, then you get no pay....and don't qualify for unemployment.

Now...of course this SUCKS, but Heartland knows you are the lifeblood of this forum and community. They would NEVER keep you unemployed once life returns to normal.

Hi Jim - hope you guys are well. I am laid-off. So guess I qualify. I'll start paperwork tomorrow and will learn more then. Be well friend.