Kitchen Sink

noobee

The sink on our 2008 BH3400RL is getting very shabby!

Is it possible to get a replacement stainless steel unit that would fit? Where?

Failing that, is it possible to re-coat the sink with something that will stand up better to usage? What type of re-coating & where can it be purchased?

Thanks CS

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I remember reading about sink replacement in the past. I think the final outcome was that there is no stainless sink of the proper size that will fit.
So I guess if you really wanted a stainless sink you would have to modify the Hanex counter top and loose the sink covers.
Depending on what condition your sink is in, I know of people that put about a cup of bleach in the sink, fill with water and let it stand for a couple of hours. That seems to help clean them up.
There are some outfits that re coat bathtubs and such. You might check your local Yellow Pages and see if someone can re coat a plastic sink.

Peace
Dave

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
We have a '08 3600RL, and I too wish the sink could be replaced, but don't think we have any option.

I use Softscrub to clean my sink...I cover the whole sink with a "paste" I make from it and let it sit...sometimes for an hour or more...so far it has been able to remove any and all stains, and makes it nice and white again!

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
OK, what are the dimensions of the hole in the Hanex counter? And is it an undermounted sink? Unless HL is cutting different sized holes for different double bowl sinks, I'm guessing that it's one size fits all and only the sink material changes. While a compatible sized sink might not be available from Home Depot, et.al., it might be from Heartland.

Actually, looking at the sink flange in my rig, it's made to be either top mounted or undermounted.

View attachment 11327

imchud

try calling "Bath Fitters" they can refinish a sink of that size in about an hour or so... Its not very expensive, I would think maybe around 75.00. My brother just had them do his tub and sink (in his home) for 300.00. or just pull it out and take it to a refinisher, they will even put a textured finish for anti-marking... its worth checking it out...

caissiel

I had to reinstall my sink in the kitchen and the unit is an over the counter style that is set as an under counter unit.

lwmcguir

The sink on our 2008 BH3400RL is getting very shabby!

Is it possible to get a replacement stainless steel unit that would fit? Where?

Failing that, is it possible to re-coat the sink with something that will stand up better to usage? What type of re-coating & where can it be purchased?

Thanks CS

Our Augusta came with a stainless sink? Perhaps it is the same size.

Willym

If you Google stainless steel restoration or cleaning, you'll get many ideas for restoring the sinks - what to try and what not to use, and also links to commercial cleaners. Worth trying a few things first and avoiding the hassle and expense of changing a sink.

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
The problem with the sinks in the '08's is that the larger of the two sides has a weird "angled" curve at the top, and there is no way to find a sink with this same configuration...it's maddening, and kind of scary...if something ever happens to this thing, I guess we'd have to have the countertop re-cut and a larger sink put in it's place...if it would even fit.

Be glad they got smart and starting putting in a uniform size and shaped sink in the new units....

KENNY COCHRAN

MCNEESE STATE COWBOYS #1
1. I don't think i would try to recoat any ss sink.
2. If the ss sink is rusting (like mine) use the 3m abrasive pads to clean them, green or brown. Walmart has them with a sponge on one side. This will take the rust off.
3. If you have the oddball size sink, and still want to change it, i would google and try to find one. However, it may be easier to cut the hole out larger and put in a standard size double bowl sink. If you can't tackle it, call a local handy man and he should be able to cut the hole and change out the sink and hook up the plumbing.