Missing Curtains

Greggshere

So when I bought my Terry back in May, it was out front on display at the "CampersWorld RV" dealership in Smithfield, NC. They had a second one in the back, but when the sales girl was showing us the one out front and I asked about the second one she assured me they were identical. As we walked past it while viewing several other TT's I told her that I saw curtains in the back unit but that I did not see them in the unit we were looking inside. She told be that most likely they were in the back of the store and they would be installed before we came to pick the unit up a few days later.
When we went to pick it up the curtains were not installed, and when I asked about it I was told that they could not find them and had ordered them. I had to return a week later to have a trailer brake installed in my truck and while I was there I went into parts and bought some fresh water hose, my stinky slinky, etc.. I asked the parts guy about the curtains and track and he had no idea what I was talking about. He said he had my file and there was no mention of us missing anything, and the filed was actually "closed". He went and got the General Manager who was very apologetic and told the parts guy to open a new file for us, to contact Heartland and get whatever we needed on order.
Since we already had our Terry home, they had the other Terry on display, so I went in and looked at it and photographed the curtains and track so I would know how it was installed. Then the wait started.
After about six weeks had passed we called to see where the curtains and track were. We were told that they thought we had received them since they had not seen them and that they would check into it. They called me back later and told me that Heartland had shipped them to the dealership, but that they had been signed for by someone that did not work there, so they had no idea where they were. I was told they would order it again, but have them shipped directly to me. That was a month ago and I still have no curtains or track. I guess it's time I call Heartland myself about it. I need to call them about my bad USB outlet anyway I guess.
This is why I pretty much do everything myself, I don't like waiting on someone else to do the work when I can do it myself. :(

Last edited by a moderator:

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Hate to say it, but sounds like some of the dealings I've had with dealers.

After our one return to dealer for warranty repair and items they promised at closing, we've not been back. It was easier to deal direct with Heartland Customer Service, and had items shipped to us that we could handle. During our first year we had minimal issues, but all items were shipped to us: TV, fireplace (3), bathroom vent fan, dining room fixture/globe (2), water heater outdoor panel, fender.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Greggshere

I'm off on Weds and I'm going to call them. We love our Terry just hate being led along by the Dealer

Greggshere

I called them this morning from work. They were very nice and helpful. They said they are shipping me the curtains the track and screws and a new USB outlet. One other thing they told me was that the Dealer had never registered my Terry with them. Told me I needed to call the Dealer and tell them to get it registered. I did that after confirming my VIN matched my paperwork.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
I called them this morning from work. They were very nice and helpful. They said they are shipping me the curtains the track and screws and a new USB outlet. One other thing they told me was that the Dealer had never registered my Terry with them. Told me I needed to call the Dealer and tell them to get it registered. I did that after confirming my VIN matched my paperwork.

Haha! This happened to us, as well, when I called to check on some parts that the dealer was supposed to order. (Turns out dealer sent paperwork with the wrong VIN.) I don't mean to laugh at your expense. Heartland really does try to help owners. Sometimes dealers make it harder than it needs to be.

Furious10

Wow! Maybe that's what is holding up our replacement parts.
As for the curtains...two words...hate them. I ordered some new fabric and my DH made a new rod (I'll post pictures later) that still curves but will be a better fit. I just got the fabric in yesterday and will be getting the curtains made as soon as I can. If you have any trouble and want the stock curtains, let me know.

'Lil Guy'

Trouble with the dealers is they use the rigs as rolling parts houses. They rob parts to get them out the door. I try to get an appointment to keep the lot time to a minimum. Our NT was missing the TV we had previously seen inside. Had awning issue on Elkridge so they reordered one. Went to pick it up and they used our replacement awning on another rig and had to reorder for us. The more you can do your own work and keep it away from the lots, the better.JMO

Greggshere

Wow! Maybe that's what is holding up our replacement parts.
As for the curtains...two words...hate them. I ordered some new fabric and my DH made a new rod (I'll post pictures later) that still curves but will be a better fit. I just got the fabric in yesterday and will be getting the curtains made as soon as I can. If you have any trouble and want the stock curtains, let me know.

Thanks for the offer I personally did not like the curtains either but I paid for them so I want them. I figured the wife can use them for patterns on new material. Yes I would like to see your curved rods.