Missing electronics

Hello,
I just purchased a "new" but damaged and pilfered mallard m29. I'm going through it to fix it up and noticed the ac shroud was crooked so I pulled it off. Now I see it is just a bunch of wires (looking up from the inside of camper). Is this just a control box I'm needing? Or is there more to It? I can assume the top of the unit is still all in tact.

Thanks for any help (or pictures) :)

Justin

jimtoo

Hi Justin-92-92,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

Sounds like you bought a project to keep you occupied for a while. You will get plenty of help from our folks.

Be sure and join our Heartland Owners Club. Then join us at a rally when you can meet lots of the great folks here and make friends for a lifetime.

Enjoy the forum.
Jim M

danemayer

If there's no large piece of air conditioning equipment under the shroud, you need a whole new air conditioner.

I'm going to post pics of I can figure it out. From under side I can see the fan and the styrofoam insulation and the metal housing. And a few wires that are un plugged. The wires are on opposite side as the fan. Also I can look up and see the coil as well.

Attachments

• 20180707_083703.jpg
    20180707_083703.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 92
  • 20180707_083712.jpg
    20180707_083712.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 82
  • 20180707_083706.jpg
    20180707_083706.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 82

Bogie

I'm not an AC expert, but my rig has a Dometic Brisk II AC and it does have a control box located just under the shroud.

Take a look at the manual at the bottom of this LINK.

On page 12, figure 18, you can see what I am talking about.

Yeah I think this may be the only thing I'm missing. Hoping someone can take a pic of a Coleman mach ac unit from under like this one to get a look.

I'll attach what I think I need.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180707-115434_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20180707-115434_Chrome.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 50

Bogie

Try this LINK.

If you put your model number in, you can find related documents.
There are too many to look at, but of those I looked at, many I have wiring diagrams.

wdk450

Yeah I think this may be the only thing I'm missing. Hoping someone can take a pic of a Coleman mach ac unit from under like this one to get a look.

I'll attach what I think I need.

If this is indeed a COLEMAN Mach AC you may have a lot of trouble getting the missing control box. I don't think that Heartland ever used Coleman AC's, just Dometic DuoTherm. The reason that you may have problems with a Carrier brand is the fact that they had a fire at their RV air conditioner plant about 5 years ago, AND GOT OUT OF THE RV BUSINESS!!!

Tweety's RV parts online has 15K Dometic AC's for about $700.

If this is indeed a COLEMAN Mach AC you may have a lot of trouble getting the missing control box. I don't think that Heartland ever used Coleman AC's, just Dometic DuoTherm. The reason that you may have problems with a Carrier brand is the fact that they had a fire at their RV air conditioner plant about 5 years ago, AND GOT OUT OF THE RV BUSINESS!!!

Tweety's RV parts online has 15K Dometic AC's for about $700.
The camper is a 2017 and I assume it is the original ac unit. I bought this new damaged on the lot deal. The face place on the inside of the camper says coleman mach so I assume the whole unit is. (Not to say they didnt pull the plate.off.something else on the lot and switch it, I'm starting to not be surprised about anything lol)

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

wdk450

The camper is a 2017 and I assume it is the original ac unit. I bought this new damaged on the lot deal. The face place on the inside of the camper says coleman mach so I assume the whole unit is. (Not to say they didnt pull the plate.off.something else on the lot and switch it, I'm starting to not be surprised about anything lol)

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Sorry. I had a brain mis-remember. The company that got out of the RV air conditioner business was CARRIER.