Mountain Region Chat Room

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
I would think that he would also owe the guys in the SUV for a new package of underwear.

ChristmasUndies2008-IMGP0728.jpg

And don't forget . . . I have brought those socks (**** those **** socks) back to Colorado after two years of them sweltering in the Arizona heat!

And they will be changing hands at the 2016 Buena Vista Spring Rally!

And according to Garry (our Grand Poo Bah) . . . they (socks) are to stay here in Colorado . . .

Forever!

Cathy won't let me bring them (socks) into our house . . . so I need to get them out of our Prowler . . . NOW!

DOH!

Doublegranch

Mountain Region Director-Retired
Question regarding "Cheap Heat" by RV Comfort
Has anyone installed or had this installed? If so what is your experience?
I am considering having this added to my new Sundance when I pick it up...it runs about $499 for the unit plus a couple hours of labor.
The main advantage is it works off your furnace and turns it from propane to electric at the flip of a switch...so your under belly area is
heated as well vs if you use a fireplace or space heater you only heat the living area of the RV. Not sure I really need this as I don't use the RV
in freezing conditions, but thought it was a really great idea and could be used on extremely cold nights when parked at the barn in the winter.
Any comments are welcomed.....Thanks

jimtoo

Question regarding "Cheap Heat" by RV Comfort
Has anyone installed or had this installed? If so what is your experience?
I am considering having this added to my new Sundance when I pick it up...it runs about $499 for the unit plus a couple hours of labor.
The main advantage is it works off your furnace and turns it from propane to electric at the flip of a switch...so your under belly area is
heated as well vs if you use a fireplace or space heater you only heat the living area of the RV. Not sure I really need this as I don't use the RV
in freezing conditions, but thought it was a really great idea and could be used on extremely cold nights when parked at the barn in the winter.
Any comments are welcomed.....Thanks

This is link to some that installed the Cheap Heat,, kinda old thread, but there are more also and I think most like it.

Jim M

Doublegranch

Thanks Jim....I PM a couple and will see what all they have to say...
I really appreciate your quick response....Guess that is why Heartland Pays you the "Big" Bucks..

jbeletti

Thanks Jim....I PM a couple and will see what all they have to say...
I really appreciate your quick response....Guess that is why Heartland Pays you the "Big" Bucks..

Garry - Kevin Wolbeck had it installed. If you wish to PM him, his forum username is kwolbeck

danemayer

I like that idea of using Cheap Heat to keep the trailer warm while in the barn. In January, I was running the furnace on our unit in the back yard to keep it warm. Would have been a lot easier if on electric instead of propane.

Doublegranch

Thanks everyone...sent out the PM's and will wait for their response.
I am thinking if nothing else, it is a good cold winter insurance policy.

Doublegranch

While everyone thinks they have problems...Check out this guys "Start of a Bad Day"....

Attachments

• bad day.jpg
    bad day.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 48

Doublegranch

For all the beer lovers out there!
You will get a good chuckle from these Quotes.

Famous Beer Quotes

• The problem with the world is that everyone is a few drinks behind- Humphrey Bogart
  • Always do sober what you said you would do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut.- Ernest Hemingway
  • Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.- Benjamin Franklin
  • He is a wise man who invented beer.- Plato
  • I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day.- Frank Sinatra
  • Give me a woman who loves beer and I will conquer the world. - Kaiser Wilhelm
  • I would kill everyone in this room for a drop of sweet beer.- Homer Simpson
  • Without question, the greatest invention in the history of mankind is beer. Oh, I grant you the wheel was also a fine invention, but the wheel does not go nearly as well with pizza.- Dave Berry
  • 24 hours in a day, 24 beers in a case. Coincidence?- Stephen Wright
  • Everybody has to believe in something.....I believe I'll have another drink.- W.C. Fields
  • May your glass be ever full. May the roof over your head be always strong. And may you be in heaven half an hour before the devil knows you're dead.- Irish Toast
  • You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline - it helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer.- Frank Zappa
  • I am a firm believer in the people. If given the truth, they can be depended upon to meet any national crisis. The great point is to bring them the real facts, and beer.- Abraham Lincoln
  • An intelligent man is sometimes forced to be drunk to spend time with his fools.- Earnest Hemingway, For Whom the Bell Tolls
  • Always remember that I have taken more out of alcohol than alcohol has taken out of me.- Winston Churchill
  • Ah, beer. The cause of and the solution to all of life’s problems.- Homer Simpson
  • Beer makes you feel the way you ought to feel without beer.- Henry Lawson
  • I would give all my fame for a pot of ale and safety.- Shakespeare,Henry V
  • God made yeast, as well as dough, and loves fermentation just as dearly as he loves vegetation.- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Last edited:

gwalter

Retired Colorado Chapter Leaders
There is a lot of truth in this. I think he learned that first hand. He did practice drinking a bit.

* Always do sober what you said you would do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut.- Ernest Hemingway

Doublegranch

JohnD is is trouble! Just found 74 pictures of the Tucson Rodeo Rally on my camera that Kathi took....didn't know they were there until I used the camera for the Anderson Hitch...

Here are a couple for future Black mail....still trying to find the one riding side saddle!

Attachments

• DSC_0180 resize.jpg
    DSC_0180 resize.jpg
    215.1 KB · Views: 50
  • DSC_0174 resize.jpg
    DSC_0174 resize.jpg
    134.2 KB · Views: 49

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
JohnD is is trouble! Just found 74 pictures of the Tucson Rodeo Rally on my camera that Kathi took....didn't know they were there until I used the camera for the Anderson Hitch...

Here are a couple for future Black mail....still trying to find the one riding side saddle!

Ohhhh maaannnnnnnnnnn!!!!!!!!!! :p

Doublegranch

While we all have seen a bicycle built for two, this is the first "Child's Car Seat" built for two that I have seen!

Attachments

• Seat for two.jpg
    Seat for two.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 42

Doublegranch

Introducing the newest addition to the Ranch: AKA "The Aussie House" as named by Dakota & Cheyenne! 2017 Sundance 3100CK.."Camp Kitchen" The first one off the line!

Wow...it was a fast 7 day trip from the ranch to Elkhart and return. Total of 1894 miles one way, total miles for the trip was 3984 with short side trips..
I got 22.4 MPG going and a total average for the return at 12 MPG, thought I would break 12 but the AZ elevation from NM kept me down...I was running 13.7 across Indiana and Illinois but then hit major head winds all throughout Nebr and NE Colo, that took a toll at 10.4 MPG
Went through two storms from "****" in Colo but MPG increased to 12.7 from North of Denver and southbound.
The Andersen Ultimate 2 hitch was wonderful....didn't even know the coach was behind me...no chucking, swaying even in the heavy winds. Hooking and unhooking was a breeze, pull the adapter handle, drop the front legs and let the level up system do it's "magic". I am so happy!!

The coach lists at 12' 4" but I had it measured twice when hooked up to the 2016 Ram on a level garage floor at the dealer and it is 13' 3" from the front AC to the ground with the hitch set on the lowest setting.

The internet is really slow but will attempt to put up a few pictures of the Sundance's arrival at the barn! Pending a new shade facility to be made as it won't fit inside the 10' doors!
Have to resize the pictures.....posting shortly

Attachments

• 031.jpg
    031.jpg
    139.8 KB · Views: 51
  • 032.jpg
    032.jpg
    149.7 KB · Views: 56
  • 034.jpg
    034.jpg
    112 KB · Views: 51
  • 033.jpg
    033.jpg
    156.4 KB · Views: 45
Last edited:

gwalter

Retired Colorado Chapter Leaders
Glad you had a good trip. We are waiting patiently for pictures. We are looking forward to seeing it in Sept.