Mountain Region Chat Room

Mrsfish

Just got an email from Paul & Jana our AZ Members in Bullhead city....
A strong wind blew their 2016 Landmark 365 over on it's side.
Paul was inside when it happened and he appears to be okay except for a few bruises
and some "shell shock". Insurance will be out tomorrow and it may appear to be totaled.

Please send a few good thoughts their way!

holy shinola!! That scares the begeezies out of me. Was the level up system all down?

danemayer

Be interesting to hear more about the wind that did this. Must have been a really strong straight line wind hitting the rig broadside.

jbeletti

Wow - this is horrible news. Happy to hear Paul suffered only some bruising. I can't imagine a coach on it's side not getting insurance-totaled. Putting it back upright will certainly do additional damage.

rvallen

Sorry to hear about Paul and Jana's loss, hoping Paul is feeling better. I have seen several 5th Wheels turned over before but not one that was set up in a park except when all in the park were turned over and destroyed. Hoping Insurance takes care of the loss, Time to get a new one!! Rich and Vicki Allen

MTPockets

That must have been frightening! Paul & Jana, wishing you the best. I'm sure things will get back to normal quickly.

Rockin_Dollar_B

New Mexico Chapter Leaders-retired
That sounds horrific, God Bless them. It was a good thing he wasn't hurt badly and hopefully the insurance will do them right.

- - - Updated - - -

That sounds horrific, God Bless them. It was a good thing he wasn't hurt badly and hopefully the insurance will do them right.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Garry . . . I thought you promised us that you wouldn't play the Big Bad Wolf and huff . . . and puff . . . and blow the house down anymore! :cool:

All humor aside . . . I hope they are OK . . . and if we can do anything to help, please let us know!

Doublegranch

Mountain Region Director-Retired
Low Clearance POI is now compatible with Built in Vehicle Navigation for Ram, Chrysler, Jeep & Fiat..
Not sure how to download to the vehicle that doesn't have a CD player as in my 2016 Ram but will find out.
If this works, it will be a great upgrade without having to use a second GPS device.

If anyone has used Low Clearance POI with their Ram Navigation system, make a post and let us know how it works!

At a cost under $45 for life time upgrades is a super deal and you may place this software on as many devices as you own....Android, I phone, tablets etc.

JohnD

Low Clearance POI is now compatible with Built in Vehicle Navigation for Ram, Chrysler, Jeep & Fiat..
Not sure how to download to the vehicle that doesn't have a CD player as in my 2016 Ram but will find out.
If this works, it will be a great upgrade without having to use a second GPS device.

If anyone has used Low Clearance POI with their Ram Navigation system, make a post and let us know how it works!

At a cost under $45 for life time upgrades is a super deal and you may place this software on as many devices as you own....Android, I phone, tablets etc.

You should have USB in your truck . . . or you should be able to download through OnStar or through the Wifi if your truck has either.

Doublegranch

JohnD:

My Ram does have the USB ports and Uconnect and WiFi...but how do you get it from the usb to where it needs to go...there has to be some kind of program for the interface. I don't find it under settings with the GPS.

JohnD

JohnD:

My Ram does have the USB ports and Uconnect and WiFi...but how do you get it from the usb to where it needs to go...there has to be some kind of program for the interface. I don't find it under settings with the GPS.

You may have to go to the Dodge dealer to have it done . . . or at least to get instructions.

However, if you download the POI on to a jump drive and plug it in to the USB port you may be able to run it from the menu . . . or it may even auto-start.

Doublegranch

Having Discount balance the tires on the Sundance and metal stems...only able to take two off at a time as I am not sure if the 4 point is meant to hold up the RV without any tires on....

Here is a picture of one tire balanced today....you won't believe it took 32 1/4 oz weights within a 5 - 6 inch space to get the rim balanced!!!! I have never seen that much weight on a rim before! I am thinking these may just fly off one day...

Attachments

• P6280016.jpg
    P6280016.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 52

Rollin_Free

Something has to be wrong. That's 8oz of weight. I recall being told no more than 5oz should be needed otherwise tire has issues. For some reason it just doesn't sound right with me. Do you happen to know how much weight the tire had when they took the one shown in the picture off the trailer?

Sent from my SCH-S968C using Tapatalk

Last edited:

MTPockets

Something has to be wrong. That's 8oz of weight. I recall being told no more than 5oz should be needed otherwise tire has issues. Just doesn't sit right with me. So how much weight did the tire have when they took them off?

Sent from my SCH-S968C using Tapatalk
. According to Tire Rack website. "While there is no industry standard, the general consensus of what is too much weight is when it takes more than 1% of the assembly weight to bring it into balance."

- See more at: http://blog.tirerack.com/blog/make-...el-weights-are-too-many-#sthash.FRsmrnuJ.dpuf

So, if the tire and wheel weigh 50 lbs, 1% would be 8 oz. FYI

brianlajoie

Having Discount balance the tires on the Sundance and metal stems...only able to take two off at a time as I am not sure if the 4 point is meant to hold up the RV without any tires on....

Here is a picture of one tire balanced today....you won't believe it took 32 1/4 oz weights within a 5 - 6 inch space to get the rim balanced!!!! I have never seen that much weight on a rim before! I am thinking these may just fly off one day...

I had something similar with my GY's. I was told a tire was out of round and should only be used as a spare. I had the place that sold them to me look at them and they pulled off all the weights, rotated the tire 180 degrees and rebalance. It took very little weight to rebalance my tire. All is good. On my new 19.5 inch wheels and tires for the truck, I had them matched balanced. They run so smooth....

Doublegranch

Thanks for your input....I will call Tredit Tire tomorrow and see what they have to say...my only concern is since they had to put weights on top of each other, whether they will stay on etc. Time will tell...

brianlajoie

The issue I had was with Tredit. They were the ones that said my tire was out of round. They were good to deal with, but it seemed that there lack of knowledge was suprising.