n00b to Heartland and RVing

Roadventure

My family is 1 month away from pushing off for full timing. We will start in the NW and make our way along the West Coast into the SW. We keep learning so much from other fulltime families and what to look out for and how to do certain things. Like travel with a dog, when and where to boondock etc. Its definitely going to be an adventure. We'll need some help before we push off and some once we are on the way, so I'm super excited I found this forum (via RV.net). Every time I think about what our kids will experience and learn and how beautiful this country truly is, a little tear comes to my eyes. We know this is the right move for our family, despite how crazy my parents think we are. It takes some courage and some faith to leave the comforts we have enjoyed and to change things up. We look forward to bumping into you folks on the road. If you have any ?s about us feel free to ask away. We want to be familiar with the culture, the technical stuff, and the people along the way. God Bless.

danemayer

Hi Roadventure,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. Glad you found us.

We've got a lot of useful information along with a great bunch of friendly and helpful people. So feel free to ask questions and we'd also love to hear about your adventures.

Consider joining the Heartland Owners Club and joining us at a rally or two along your way. You can check out the club info here, and press the EVENTS tab at top of page to see upcoming rallies.

You might also be interested in our collection of manufacturer manuals. You can get to them from the TOOLS tab by selecting HOM - Heartland Owners Manuals. And we have a number of owner-written user guides under the TOOLS tab by selecting HUG - Heartland User Guides.

Roadventure

danemayer -

Thanks for the welcome. We are still making heads and tails of things. This forum is a great resource.

Shortest Straw

Caught In A Mosh
My family is 1 month away from pushing off for full timing. We will start in the NW and make our way along the West Coast into the SW. We keep learning so much from other fulltime families and what to look out for and how to do certain things. Like travel with a dog, when and where to boondock etc. Its definitely going to be an adventure. We'll need some help before we push off and some once we are on the way, so I'm super excited I found this forum (via RV.net). Every time I think about what our kids will experience and learn and how beautiful this country truly is, a little tear comes to my eyes. We know this is the right move for our family, despite how crazy my parents think we are. It takes some courage and some faith to leave the comforts we have enjoyed and to change things up. We look forward to bumping into you folks on the road. If you have any ?s about us feel free to ask away. We want to be familiar with the culture, the technical stuff, and the people along the way. God Bless.

We wish you safe travels and much fun! If we can get all of the stars to align correctly, we will be out for a year after the Vegas Rally. If not, sometime soon after.

Gtoli

Welcome to the family. I think you and your family will have a great adventure.

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
Welcome! Let us know if you have questions on the way through Oregon. If we don't know, we probably know someone who does.

Kristy

Roadventure,

You are crazy, crazy adventurous! My wife and I are going to be full timing and moving to Alaska this fall with our three young children. Our families are supportive but you can't tell they think we are bit crazy too! Lol. Good for you and good luck, your children will probably always remember the adventures you guys share.

Josh

For20hunter

Pacific Region Directors-Retired
Welcome Roadadventure!! Please do not hesitate to ask questions or reach out for some advise. There is a lot of amazing people on here with decades of individual RV experience and advise to offer. Hopefully we will see you down the road at a rally or two. Also, as Dan said, consider joining the Heartland Owners Club, which gets you into Heartland Chapter Rallies for free and allows you to attend other events that are closed off to non owners club members. Safe travels and enjoy the adventure!!!

Rod

Hi Roadventure- We moved into our rig a short time ago and are just finishing up our last few projects and our family is hitting the road full time for a year starting at Yosemite on Memorial Day and heading to the Northwest. Maybe we will cross paths on our journey North.

Roadventure

Hi Roadventure- We moved into our rig a short time ago and are just finishing up our last few projects and our family is hitting the road full time for a year starting at Yosemite on Memorial Day and heading to the Northwest. Maybe we will cross paths on our journey North.

Ya never know. I hear big rigs a tough to get into Valley of the Kings etc. I think we'll find a good site on the edge of the park and go exploring on day trips. I can tell you we will be hitting the OR coast sometime in August. Keep in touch and maybe we can figure something out.