New 2017 super duty numbers....DROOL!!

Bones

Ten or twenty more horse power and twenty or forty more foot pounds at the level these new trucks are at is just for bragging rights. Do I care that the Ford or Chevy can get to the top of Ike hill 15 or 20 seconds sooner in a 11 minute climb? I do not think so!

As I have said on other forums, give me better fuel mileage not more power. They are already have enough power. Chris
Yes you are correct they do have very good power. A lot of times I am catching cars going up hills

Bones

Sorry Dave, no mister Ford here, just happen to have one. All 3 got equal billing when I was looking in 2006 & 2010.
All 3 will get equal billing for the next one.

Especially after looking at a M2 this weekend - $156K for a 2013 !

Yeah the medium duty trucks are a fortune

IronJ

Yeah the medium duty trucks are a fortune

for what ive spent on this dually, it might have been cheaper to go MDT!! LOL

Actully I did In fact look at the mdt route when I was dually shopping.....a used one with 75k can get you real competitive with a new loaded dually...

at the end of the day, I haul a boat, enclosed trailer, and a gooseneck car hauler....and then there is the issue of a getting around vehicle when you get where your going!! so no MDT for me....

and actually its also the reason we don't have a motorhome....I think my 45ft toy hauler has more USABLE and FUNCTIONAL space than most of the motorhomes we looked at. Plus you still gotta have a car, and my brother in law has a diesel pusher.....the maintenance cost is WAY out there....

I guess its all relative and arbitrary....as long as your happy and enjoy it that's all that matters...

alexb2000

The whole motorhome vs. 5th wheel vs. MDT/5th wheel is simple to me.

IF you are a truck person and would drive a truck regardless of owning and RV then a class 2 or 3 truck makes complete sense, because you use it outside of pulling an RV.

If you have zero interest in driving or owning a truck then a motorhome is a good idea because you can tow a car that you want to drive when you get there.

If you need a medium duty truck to tow your RV then you are in a no-man's land IMO, because who wants to parallel park or even drive a M2 to dinner?

IronJ

If you need a medium duty truck to tow your RV then you are in a no-man's land IMO, because who wants to parallel park or even drive a M2 to dinner?

I dunno....would be pretty cool to have an mdt to fix up...and take to the Golden corral buffet!!!lol...well...until the cool gave way to pain in the butt....

One of my neighbors owns a restaraunt chain here in town (steak express) and has a sport chassis p2x to pull their enclosed food trailer....way overkill...but it's dang cool....although the recently had it re wrapped in a chrome...liked it black better...

sent from space via an invisible beam from a flying metal dish

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Ten or twenty more horse power and twenty or forty more foot pounds at the level these new trucks are at is just for bragging rights. Do I care that the Ford or Chevy can get to the top of Ike hill 15 or 20 seconds sooner in a 11 minute climb? I do not think so!

Making the top of Old Ike ain't no small feat!

I call it the truck killer as there are always cars, trucks (many with trailers attached) and/or motor homes sitting along the side of the road with steam or smoke rolling out from under something atop a big puddle of antifreeze, oil or tranny fluid.

Or one end of the drive shaft dropped on the ground . . .

We'll be pulling over Old Ike in October on our way to and from the Vegas HOC National Rally . . .

alexb2000

I dunno....would be pretty cool to have an mdt to fix up...and take to the Golden corral buffet!!!lol...well...until the cool gave way to pain in the butt....

One of my neighbors owns a restaraunt chain here in town (steak express) and has a sport chassis p2x to pull their enclosed food trailer....way overkill...but it's dang cool....although the recently had it re wrapped in a chrome...liked it black better...

There are so many class 8 tractors out there you can have a very decent used O/O spec for under $50K, why not just go all the way?

I'm joking, but if you look for a rare optioned up MDT it would be tempting to just go with a class 8. How about a 53' race trailer with a huge living area, a jeep, corvette, A Razor, a Road King, etc. all with you? You'd be the king of the campground.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Update on my new Ford F-350 just got my build date of 9/26/16 should be here on 10/14
So definitely won't be driving it to the Vegas rally. Sounds like he should bring it up to me at the Jackson rally so we can all check it out. I will have to give it the 500 mile break-in before hooking up the Landmark so not what I hoped for but it's all good. :(

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

avvidclif

Just for grins I went over to commercialtrucktrader and browsed. There are several used haulers built on the Ford 450/550 and the equivalents in Dodge and Chev and several around 30k. 2000-2009 era. Mileage varied but most I looked at were 50-100k. One of the Dodges had the bigger brother to the 6.7, a 9L Cummins.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Keeping this thread alive
I received a email from my Ford guy today and he had checked the status of my new truck. The build date has changed, it has moved from 9/26/16 to 10/24/16. :( I've been going crazy waiting for the 9/26 date.
I'm very bummed

IronJ

Ouch...same thing happend to me when I orderd the first of the 6.7 ...they told me early August ...I got it off the delivery trailer on Halloween....

Dang I was happy tho...even had the 2 tone leather that only came that year...

I'm sure you will be too....!!!

wehavefun

Jesstalkn,
Not to make it any worse, when I ordered my Dodge I waited and waited for the build day, there is a link for Dodge that gives you updates...... Seemed to take forever! Then it was finally built! BUT then the shipping by train took FOREVER!! I remember it being 2 1/2 weeks from build day to delivery!

When I saw it it was love at first sight and the wait was nothing! Every time I drive it I love it! Now I look back, the wait was nothing.

IronJ

Yeah...mine was stuck like 118 miles away "in transport" for 2 weeks...but I had one of the FIRST ones here....everyone wanted to see it....I loved it...and the second and now 3rd one too!! Haha

jassson007

Founding Louisiana Chapter Leaders-Retired
I saw pics of the first f 250 to show up at my dealer yesterday. Looks very nice as far as I can tell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
I always buy off the lot . . .

No waiting . . . and I get to pick the one I want!

SNOKING

I received a email from my Ford guy today and he had checked the status of my new truck. The build date has changed, it has moved from 9/26/16 to 10/24/16. :( I've been going crazy waiting for the 9/26 date.
I'm very bummed

Not enough people are drinking beer from aluminum cans, that is causing the delay. And then there is the recycle time also. ;););)

Chris

BigGuy82

I'm very bummed

I feel your pain, which is why I broke down and bought a '16 and I love this truck. However, some of the new 2017 features are very cool. I'm sure it will be worth the wait when you get it.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Thanks
I'm not in a hurry other than I want it NOW !!!!!
Just wish it was sooner.
If it wasn't for all of the cool features of the new 2017 ford I would be buying a 2017 3500 GMC Denali and there not available yet either.
So I will just have to wait..