Ordered 4200-what hitch to get????

Hello..... My fiancé and I are expecting delivery of our 4200 in the next few weeks and am wondering what hitch we should get for our 2015 F350 DRW with factory prep? Looking for some helpful info.

THANX

jimtoo

HI Bombshellaud,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

When you go for delivery be sure and do a really good, slow PDI. Make sure you can operate everything and everything operates.

Be sure and check out our Heartland Owners Club. Join us at a rally when you can and meet lots of the great folks here and make friends for a lifetime.

Enjoy the forum and your new unit when you get it.

Jim M

I changed your text color to make it easier to read. :)

GOTTOYS

B&W makes one that will drop into place. I have a new B&W Companion that fits in std bedrails in my truck and I just can't say enough good about it. They have a very loyal following and I can see why. Very smooth, easy to use and quiet. Plus it's all American made including the raw materials and the hardware!....Don

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
We will be picking up our new Heartland Prowler 5th-wheel next Friday and we are getting a Reese 15K Pro Slider installed.

This will be our first ever 5th-wheel trailer.

Anyone have thoughts on this hitch?

My truck is a 2015 Chevy Silverado 2500HD 4x4 Double Cab with the 6.5 foot box.

OEFVET

The 4200 has a GVW of 20,000lbs. The proper hitch is crucial. I have the trailer saver TS3. It is an outstanding hitch. Heavy (400lbs). It has been a great hitch although definitely not one of the less expensive ones it has been very reliable.

BLHFUN

Congrats on the new toy. I use the B&W companion 3500 series. I looked at a new 15 450 and the drop in goosneck ball was completely different from the B&W turnover ball. My companion would not work with that factory prep because the anchor is Round on the fords, and square for B&W. Or at least on mine. The companion us super easy to install and remove if you need to use your truck bed.

Brazos

I'll second the Hensley Trail Saver TS3. Great hitch. Mine drops into the rails from my previous hitch.

Power-Stroke

I use a Reese Elite Series with my 2015 F350 (dropped right in to the factory prepped pucks). I have not experienced any problems pulling my 4200.

As an aside, I recently added air bags to my truck and was pleasantly surprised at the improved ride..

Jay

Jim-Lynn

Hello..... My fiancé and I are expecting delivery of our 4200 in the next few weeks and am wondering what hitch we should get for our 2015 F350 DRW with factory prep? Looking for some helpful info.

THANX

i have a B & W & it is great without spending a ton on money. It pulls my 4200 with ease.
happy travels in the 4200.

Jim

pharmafrog

We have the '14 350 DRW with the factory prep as well and are pulling a 4100 with our Reese Elite 25K. It drops right in, is not too heavy, pops right out and you have your bed back. Quiet, easy to hitch and unhitch, tackles angles pretty easily as well. Good luck...

scottyb

If you have the factory prep, then you really need to stick to the OEM Reese or the B&W. The beauty is the simplicity and a clean bed surface. In or out in 2 min, no tools required. I preferred the B&W because that is what I had in the previous truck, and they were very quick to come out with a OEM compatible model for the factory prep.

With that said, I would also have an upgraded pin box like the 5th Airborne or Trailair installed by the dealer.

Like scottyb we have the B&W as my husband also pulls a gooseneck horse trailer so the quick and easy removal of the B&W is quite handy. Also it was recommended by the dealership where we purchased our 2015 Cyclone 4200 so I did my research on it and found it a reliable hitch; unlike a one that was recommended by another dealership. The first hitch suggestion just didn't look sturdy enough to pull such a big rig so we asked again at the dealership where we ended up purchasing our Toy Hauler. Those at "that" dealership knew their stuff and come to find out the first place we asked actually recommended a hitch that would have voided the Cyclone's warranty. Happy RVing with your new Cyclone 4200 Bombshellaud!

Great advice from jimtoo and I'll add my 2 cents worth. We graduated from an 18' travel trailer to a 45' toy hauler (2015 Cyclone 4200) just 2.5 months ago so when we drove to OH from OK to pick it up and do our walk-through I video taped it. There is sooo much information to digest that I wanted to be able to go back and watch the 'how 2s' if we forgot anything. Ended up the idea of using my digital camera to capture the walk-through came in handy, we did indeed need to review something. I did mention to the gentleman conducting the walk-through why I had my camera going. I would also recommend running all the faucets and toilets, lights and such and even the water on the door of the refrigerator, reason being that with ANY new item there can always be things that need to be addressed b/4 driving home. I planned to do this but was so excited I didn't run the water-good news, no leaks anywhere-but we couldn't figure out how to get the ice/water on refrigerator door working even after purging air from lines. Had a few issues with RV so we spoke to Heartland and took it to a nearby RV dealership. Fridge issue was a valve under the kitchen sink, lol; husband had found one outside the unit where the fridge was located but when it was turned nothing happened. So--hint, hint--if you cannot get water to your fridge you'll have an idea where to look. JohnD, have a great time in your Heartland Prowler!

OEFVET

Most importantly is to get a quality hitch with at least a 20,000lb rating. The brand and type you get is your choice.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
We picked up our Prowler yesterday and had the hitch installed while we did the PDI.

Found a few small issues that were fixed before we left.

They installed a Reese 16K slider hitch instead of the 15K one.

The pull home was awesome compared to our previous two bumper-pull trailers.

Backs up a little different, but I was still able to park it along side our garage in just a few minutes.

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• NewProwler-P1000041.jpg
    NewProwler-P1000041.jpg
    661.9 KB · Views: 177
  • NewProwler-P1000050.jpg
    NewProwler-P1000050.jpg
    384.1 KB · Views: 177
  • NewReeseSliderHitch-P1000052.jpg
    NewReeseSliderHitch-P1000052.jpg
    123.3 KB · Views: 176

OEFVET

Hensley's Trailer Saver TS3 is an excellent hitch but heavy at 400lbs. I have it with the air compressor built in. It automatically keeps the air bags at the proper air pressure. Very nice setup. I love to hear the familiar sound of the air compressor running a few seconds after hooking up the 7 pin connector.