Ordered 4200-what hitch to get????

AAdams

The Hensley TS3 is a very good hitch. The air bags help smooth out the ride, 20k towing and 4,500 pin weight capability. Hensley also has the adapter to fit the Ford factory bed set up.
attachment.php

When we ordered ours they shipped it to the freight terminal and I went there and picked it up so they used a fork lift to put it in the bed for me. The Reese adapter, hitch, 2" Spacer, cover, emergency repair kit and 2 disc and one small pallet, shipping weight was 427 pounds.

Attachments

• TS3Hitch.jpg
    TS3Hitch.jpg
    437.2 KB · Views: 198

AAdams

I full time so it never normally has to come out. I paid someone to install since they were installing some other things at the same time and they did it cheap enough. I later found they sheared one of the Reese cotter pins, so I pulled the pins and lifted the rear and slipped a piece of wood between the adapter and spacer/hitch. then lifted the front and stood the unit up on its back. Took off the Reese adapter and replaced the shear pin and reinstalled it all. I will more than likely never have to take the hitch totally out unless I get another truck.

chiefneon

Howdy!

My guess is it depends on what your needs are. If you need to be able to use a 5er and goose neck then a B&W is the way to go. If your a fulltimer or plan to be one like myself then I would spend the extra money a go with TrailerSaver TS3 which I also have and used for the last nine years and it has been a great hitch.

"Happy Trails"
Chiefneon

Thanx everyone! We ordered the B&W Companion. I'm glad I asked because our unit came in.....we weren't expecting it for another 2 weeks or so. Here it is!!
attachment.php

Attachments

• camper 2.jpg
    camper 2.jpg
    715.2 KB · Views: 34
  • camper.jpg
    camper.jpg
    710.8 KB · Views: 233

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
How old is it? Mine has a black powder coat of paint.

Ours is about 4 years old. It also has a black powder coat but started rusting within the first year. Makes it look like it is 100 years old. Disappointed in the finish on it.

BLHFUN

Thanx everyone! We ordered the B&W Companion. I'm glad I asked because our unit came in.....we weren't expecting it for another 2 weeks or so. Here it is!!

Full Body Paint Red.. LOVE IT! - I notice yours has 4 Steps, that's a nice change from mine. I also see that you are missing the front door shock. I would kindly ask for that to be fixed. Without the Shock, your door will open too far and damage the Door and Awning Frames when extended. That is a gorgeous unit. Congrats!

and wow. A rear window in the back bathroom! That should help with the venting problem.. Wonder what they would charge to ship me one??? Hmmm..

Last edited:

scottyb

I pull the four pins and lift it out using my hoist.

That works as long as your hoist is there when you need it. I often removed my hitch when I was away from home. On 2 occasions I left the rig in AZ, while I drove back to Texas for a couple weeks. I needed the full use of my bed for hauling stuff both ways. I left the hitch locked up in the garage of the Cyclone.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
We have that door shock on our trailer . . . but I don't like it as the door can't swing all the way open and out of the way.

I suppose I might learn to like it (have only had the new trailer three days) . . . but with the door half open and the slide on the other side of the door, it does block some ventilation.

Not to mention that with the door half open . . . you've got to keep a good eye on the awning so that it doesn't get ripped on the top of the door.

OEFVET

That works as long as your hoist is there when you need it. I often removed my hitch when I was away from home. On 2 occasions I left the rig in AZ, while I drove back to Texas for a couple weeks. I needed the full use of my bed for hauling stuff both ways. I left the hitch locked up in the garage of the Cyclone.

The hoist is mobile and comes with me if I need the full use of my bed. I never have yet.

Bombshellaud, SO HAPPY FOR YOU GUYS! Looks great and what a NICE surprise in getting it sooner than you expected. Happy camping and safe journeys to you all.

cdensomnia

Full Body Paint Red.. LOVE IT! - I notice yours has 4 Steps, that's a nice change from mine. I also see that you are missing the front door shock. I would kindly ask for that to be fixed. Without the Shock, your door will open too far and damage the Door and Awning Frames when extended. That is a gorgeous unit. Congrats!

and wow. A rear window in the back bathroom! That should help with the venting problem.. Wonder what they would charge to ship me one??? Hmmm..

We went round and round with Heartland on the door shocks no longer being included. Apparently they stopped doing that. I got all the parts and installed them on both my doors not only to prevent damage on the front door but just as a keeper on the back door.