Rigs and Rides

WilmanJim

Rick and Debbie,
We have only traveled the Trace South one time and that was like the third week in October of 2004. The colors then were about like they are in OH or PA like the second week of October.
We didn't pull off the Trace too many times but we did enjoy MM 385.9, the Meriwether Lewis National Monument and Campground, which by the way is Free, No Hookups but nice woodsy area.
We also took the Old Trace Drive at MM 375.8 that had some nice hardwood colors. The Freedom Hills Overlook at MM 317 was nice as was Jeff Busby Park at MM 193.1, another Free No Hookup Park, and a nice uphill walk to the Top with some Very Nice Views.
We usually take Northern Routes out to San Diego for the winter and take the Trace back in the Spring. We either pick it up in Jackson, MS or right at Natchez, MS and take it all the way to Nashville.
If you have never traveled the Trace it is very interesting. If you're in a hurry don't even try it as the speed limit is 50 mph. We really enjoy traveling it and I'm sure you would.

Safe Travels and Enjoy.
Jim

jimtoo

Sure is a good looking Big Horn you got there.... well the truck's not to bad... but it is a Ford. :)

Lookin Good!!!

BruteForce

Here's mine on a cooler than normal July outing:

IMAG0142-thumb-800x478-1197.jpg

My truck
contest1.JPG

yepuhuh

Sure is a good looking Big Horn you got there.... well the truck's not to bad... but it is a Ford. :)

Lookin Good!!!

The Ford was all I could afford after buyin the Big Horn. Tried to buy a Dodge but could not stimulate Dymler Chrysler like that. I had a Dodge 2500 quad cab diesel and the Big Horn was too much for it to tow!

mmomega

AnyTimer
Well I know I need to get some better pics but until then here's the older TV and the new one.

Attachments

• mmomega.jpg
    mmomega.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 107
  • web-1.jpg
    web-1.jpg
    179.3 KB · Views: 122

Mike & Carol

Thanks Jim......needed to feel alittle more secure goin down the road...adding a TriGlide w/long pinbox..had the 2500 HD w/short TrailAir

larryanddonnakeever

Past Oklahoma Chapter Leaders (Founding)
This is our 2011 Bighorn 3585RL with our 2010 Ford F-350 FX4 Diesel 6.4 Dually. We bought the Truck June 1020, and the BigHorn January 2011. This is our fitst ever RV. We are really enjoying our travels and we are looking forward to our first Rally at Canton Tx. this month.

Larry and Donna Keever

Oklahoma City, Ok.

rnew 5th wheel RV 006.jpgnew 5th wheel RV 004.jpg

Attachments

• new 5th wheel RV 001.jpg
    new 5th wheel RV 001.jpg
    760.9 KB · Views: 93

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
My first post in this thread is our current BH. Ijust thought I'd add our two previous rigs. Just for kicks...The TT is a 27ft. Dutchmen behind our Yukon and The 5ver is a 29ft Jayco behind a great Silverado with the 8.1. Dang that was a fun truck to drive. (both are history) Check out that storage compartment in the Jayco.:rolleyes:

Attachments

• Yukon 27ft Dutch.JPG
    Yukon 27ft Dutch.JPG
    321.8 KB · Views: 137
  • Our 1st 5ver.JPG
    Our 1st 5ver.JPG
    333.9 KB · Views: 155

mmomega

AnyTimer

Dang that's the exact truck I was going to get. Loved from the cab forward didn't so much like the fenders but oh well.
How do you like it? It pull great? There was just some weird torque management with the new GM's guess I should have just drove it more or do you still need to really get on it before it moves. Sexy truck by the way.

rick_debbie_gallant

This here is our babies on our way home last year on the Natchez Trace. We are going to leave the end of October and enjoy the colors for 400 miles or so.

trace.JPG

WilmanJim

We will be right behind you Rick and Debbie. We are leaving on Nov 2nd on our way to San Diego. By the way, I don't know how it happened but that picture is of our Ford and Bighorn at Jeff Busby Park on the Natchez Trace. Hmmm
Safe Travels.

Jim

mmomega

AnyTimer
Oh I agree with you Dave, I love my Ford but those new GMC's are really sweet looking. Wish I could have both.