Roller came off kitchen slide

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
I understand the workload the dealerships have this time of year and I have no problem with it being in the shop for a long time...if it's fixed correctly.

I've got the work order in for our warranty repairs and they wanted me to bring it up and drop it off so they could work on it at their leisure while the pieces and parts came in from Heartland piecemeal.

And they couldn't promise me how long that would take.

Since we have two more trips planned in the next month, I told them that once EVERYTHING was in, then that would be when I would bring it up for them to fix all at once.

They gave me a little grief . . . but I've been down that road in the past and I want my Prowler to be there on my time table . . . not theirs.

F5miland

Yup, went to extend the kitchen slide and heard the wife yell. Apparently the front roller, the little 4 inch white one, came loose and sheared the 4 tiny screws holding it in place. It rolled under the slide while extending, gouging the floor and ripping a 6 inch wide by 18 inch long tear in the flooring. I am not sure how bad it really is yet. I am still trying to figure our how to close the slide to take it in for repair. Heartland said put something down on the floor for the slide to slide on to prevent further damage to the flooring. I have some 16th inch thick aluminum sheets I am going to place on the floor and secure with painters tape to keep them from moving. I will retract the slide and hope for the best. Talked to Blue Moon and they said the entire slide will have to be removed to repair it. They are not sure if Lippert will cover it or my extended warranty. I believe the slides have a 2 year warranty don't they? Boy, it sure seems like one thing after another with this unit. Just when I thought I had most of the bugs worked out.

A few days ago, while my wife was bringing in the kitchen slide and the same thing happened. Roller came off and the slide ripped up a piece of flooring. Took it to the shop to get it fixed...waiting for a phone call.
Damaged%20floor.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

farside291

Explore USA did an outstanding job repairing my unit. We have extended and retracted the slides many times now with no issues, nice and smooth with no popping of the slides like before. When they did the repair both slides were removed as well as the island and the entire flooring repaired and replaced. The only evidence of the repair is a seam across the downstairs bathroom floor directly under the door. But, I still get nervous every time I extend or retract the slides. So far so good.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Explore USA did an outstanding job repairing my unit. We have extended and retracted the slides many times now with no issues, nice and smooth with no popping of the slides like before. When they did the repair both slides were removed as well as the island and the entire flooring repaired and replaced. The only evidence of the repair is a seam across the downstairs bathroom floor directly under the door. But, I still get nervous every time I extend or retract the slides. So far so good.

Glad to hear you are all fixed up! Which ExploreUSA did your repair?

farside291

The one in Fort Worth off 35 South. I'm not sure who worked on it the fist time but the guy that worked on it this time did a real good job.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't know if I mentioned it or not but the repair estimate was a little over 15K. The Service guy said extended warranty covered a portion, Hartland covered a portion, and the dealership covered the rest including all deductables. Zero out of pocket except for the few weeks they had it.