Rv is a danger to society!

buckeyebob

and after reading the post about the yearly plate rape in colorado,i didnt think it could get worse!!i have heard for years about my yearly week in mexico,my fancy camper,hunting trips etc.some people do want to complain,do want the stuff we have,but DONT want to WORK period,let alone lots of overtime.i am retired from gm(not my choice at age 52)work 30 hours a week now and wife is full time nurse.we have friends that do nothing and they dont hsve enough money for extras.imagine that!!!in a few years we might be able to quit our jobs and travel.like the song says PEOPLE ARE CRAZY!!!!!!!!!ps we park our camper in our drive in sandusky ohio,so far no compaints. buckeyebob

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
and after reading the post about the yearly plate rape in colorado,i didnt think it could get worse!!i have heard for years about my yearly week in mexico,my fancy camper,hunting trips etc.some people do want to complain,do want the stuff we have,but DONT want to WORK period,let alone lots of overtime.i am retired from gm(not my choice at age 52)work 30 hours a week now and wife is full time nurse.we have friends that do nothing and they dont hsve enough money for extras.imagine that!!!in a few years we might be able to quit our jobs and travel.like the song says PEOPLE ARE CRAZY!!!!!!!!!ps we park our camper in our drive in sandusky ohio,so far no compaints. buckeyebob

I used to (and still do) hear much the same B.S., the "OH, IT MUST BE NICE" crowd. My stock answer is: "YOU BET YOUR ARSE IT IS!" I got out of GM at 53 by my choice, and an early retirement window they opened in 2002. Other steps and choices we made early in our careers are paying off now.

RollingHome

Yeah, guys same story from me. Wish I had a dime for every "Boy you're lucky", "wish I had of" "Yeah, but you always lucked out and got the good..." "It must be nice" "well, we use OUR extra funds for our kids, not toys !" Yep, it was always luck for me, that's the only way I got it ! Sitting in a hot summer evening college class had nothing to do with it, it was my luck :). I can actually remember sitting in class, windows open (Pre AC) and sweat dripping from my brow onto the 'paper drawing' (pre CAD) I was drawing and listening to the ball game going on in the park accoss the street being played by the "un-lucky" ones... Man was I lucky or what ?