Single 15K AC

b_king1

I received a sweet deal on a leftover Heartland Torque early fall and the only concern I had was the 5th wheel toy hauler on has 1 15k ac unit. On the norm the 13.8 ft garage will be closed off by the man door. So my question to the group is, do you think this unit will cool this size of a living area .Total length 39.8 ft - 13.8 ft garage. 26 ft living space to cool. Opinions?

Thanks

danemayer

Use part of what you saved on that sweet deal to get a 2nd A/C unit. You won't regret doing so.

Jim Posz

We have a 37' unit with a single 15K btu air conditioner. Depending on the direction of the sun and humidity it can maintain an interior temperature about 20 degrees below the outside temperature. If you think you need more, install a second one.

b_king1

Use part of what you saved on that sweet deal to get a 2nd A/C unit. You won't regret doing so.
Thanks for the Feedback Dan.

- - - Updated - - -

We have a 37' unit with a single 15K btu air conditioner. Depending on the direction of the sun and humidity it can maintain an interior temperature about 20 degrees below the outside temperature. If you think you need more, install a second one.
Jim, thanks for the feedback. This is great information, with us living in Central Va and 85% of our summer camping is either North or Northwest in the mountains with our SXS I was thinking I "may" be ok with one. Our first TH was a 24' TT that had 1 13.5 and we didnt have issues. With all of that said we are still thinking of adding a second unit for piece of mind. lol.

CarterKraft

That is similar to my findings. In the 100* F summer heat you need a fan blowing on you but it is tollerable. At night it has no problem cooling down to low 70s. We have been using our 36' torque with one ducted 15k for 4 years in Texas summers with no issues sleeping. Day time is another story.
We plan on adding a 13k to the garage to lessen the load and help lower the garages heat load on the 15k but it hasn't happened yet...

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk