To all our friends in Irene's path

Rodney_M

If any of you in the path of the storms wants to head over to Oklahoma we can make some room also, and if you can drag along some of that rain with you, we could definitely use some of it here. Be safe and definitely get out of its path if at all possible. No need to take any unnecessary risks.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
We hope everyone is safe. With Rita and Ike we had 108 mph winds and rain along with it and then 3 weeks without power, water or sewer. We ran the generator and lived in the Landmark but the trouble is finding the fuel for the generator. 5 - 5 gallon cans will only last a couple of days of 24/7 generator use. The other bad thing is the temp after words. It gets stifling hot as the storm takes any relief with it. God be with yall and if at all possible, get in the RV and haul you and it out of there. Make a fun trip out of it. And don't go back too soon. Stay safe.

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
Good luck to all in the path of this storm. Having lived on the Gulf Coast all our lives, we also know what it is like to have to ride one out because of work and to evacuate from one. We don't wish either on anyone. As said before, it's just "stuff" and cannot replace a life.

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
Kelly's and my son and DIL live on long island, NY. They are evacuating the island as we speak. They fortunately had a cruise scheduled and it has changed the route that it was taking and leaving a few hours early. They have a history of doing the wrong thing during storms. The last Hurricane that went through there, they were tent camping.

PSF513

Tidewater, VA seems to have weathered IRENE reasonably well. Thankfully, the winds subsided somewhat so it was not quite as intense.

On a personal note, Deb & I weathered IRENE well. A few small tree branches, a lot of tree debris, no damage (the house or the HORN), and (best of all) our family and friends (those we have been in contact with) are safe.

Thanks for your thoughts and prayers. Ours go out to all still under IRENE's gun.

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
Just spoke to TJ at home and all is well except for some gutter damage. The power is still on and it appears that we survived with minimal damage. It is still windy and the evacuation order has not been lifted so we are planning to stay away until tomorrow. :)

mjatwalker

Retired MD Chapter ******s
We weathered the storm better than expected no damage to house or camper. Our prayers were answered and we pray that all our Heartland family is safe.

mjatwalker

Just spoke to TJ at home and all is well except for some gutter damage. The power is still on and it appears that we survived with minimal damage. It is still windy and the evacuation order has not been lifted so we are planning to stay away until tomorrow. :)

That is great news Deb, glad everything is ok at home.

Flying Dutchman

Virginia Chapter Leaders - Retired
Pete and Deb, and Mike and Ann, so glad to hear that you are doing OK. We have had a mini-Heartland gathering in our neck of the woods in Appomattox. Pam and Jerry Tims (Chesapeake, VA), as well as Johnnie and Marsha Turner (Currituck, NC) parked their trailers in a campground 10 minutes from our house weathering Irene, so we have had some great social time.

dieselsweetheart

We did fine too here in Hershey...didn't seem to get as much rain as we thought we would...just have some smaller tree limbs, sticks and leaves in the yard. Jim is out now on the mower cleaning up in case anyone drives by to see what the house looks like...it will look like it survived Irene!! Which it did! The sun is out now and Irene can be just a memory for us... glad to hear y'all are ok! Sure will make for some campfire conversation at the MD rally...

cjhicks

Well another storm has passed and our 225 year old house is still standing. We received around 10 inches of rain and winds around 70 mph. Lost a few limbs and only a couple inches of water came over the banks of the creek at high tide. The power was out for 24 hours,. so glad that we had a generator for back up. Went into town this evening to check on our Bighorn and all of the roads were clear so I brought her back home. So I guess it is time to get ready for the " Maryland Chapter Rally and Crab Cook Off " :cool:

mikeandconnie

Connie jumped ship yesterday at Cherry Hill RV Park and went to a hotel. She returned today to find no damage to the Landmark. She did close up the slides and there was no leakage with all that wind and rain.

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
Mike & Connie, Glad you guys are ok and that you didn't suffer any damage. Jumping ship is always acceptable with that type of weather. We jumped too!

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
Well another storm has passed and our 225 year old house is still standing. We received around 10 inches of rain and winds around 70 mph. Lost a few limbs and only a couple inches of water came over the banks of the creek at high tide. The power was out for 24 hours,. so glad that we had a generator for back up. Went into town this evening to check on our Bighorn and all of the roads were clear so I brought her back home. So I guess it is time to get ready for the " Maryland Chapter Rally and Crab Cook Off " :cool:

Yahoo, Calvin & Judy are fine! Calvin how is Mama? Make sure she get's into the Bighorn for the trip to Castaways. I have a chair I need to drag home!

mjatwalker

Glad you guys are ok. The campground is in clean up mode for the next couple days so it looks like RALLY ON !!!

SouthernNights

Past South Carolina Chapter Leader
Sam and I are so happy that all of you escaped the storm with minimal damage and everyone was safe.

I have not heard from Johnnie and Marsha Turner. I know they were at a cg in va. but have not heard how they fared after they returned home. If anyone knows or knows them, an update on their situation would be nice.

Mike and Ann-glad your rally is still on. I know you guys have put a lot of effort into this and hope it goes very well you. Wish we could be there but the timing is not good for us.

One of our favorite places is the OBX. I know many of you have enjoyed spending time there. I have been watching video and pictures from all the damage that occurred there on wral.com website. Wow, I am afraid it is going to take quite a while to gain access to Hatteras. It looks like a new inlet may have been cut from the ocean to the sound just south of the Oregon Inlet.

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
Has anybody heard from Jim and Geri Reyes from Long Island, NY. Watching the news there is lots of damage on the Island.

Never mind...Spoke to Greg tonight and he said they are fine! They will see everyone in MD.

Last edited: