Viair 450p

Oregon_Camper

Is the factory wiring to the receptacle heavy enough to handle the constant drawl of a compressor?

Viair's manual says the max peak amps are 23. Assuming the power and ground to the 7-way is using 10 gauge wire, then there shouldn't be an issue.

Lou_and_Bette

I bought a 7-pin connector that plugs into the truck's receptacle. Took a red and black #8 or #10 (don't remember) solid wire and put those into the hot/ground connections in the connector. Picked up a couple of battery terminal bolts from Walmart, in the battery accessory section. Wound the wires around the bolts and spread them apart so there's no danger of shorting them together. Then I just plug it in and attach the Viair alligator clips to the bolts.

I know I have a picture, but can't find it right now.

Same way I did mine

- - - Updated - - -

Is the factory wiring to the receptacle heavy enough to handle the constant drawl of a compressor?

Jamie, I have been using mine for 5 years and haven’t had a problem yet

pegmikef

Saw this thread and thought I would chime in as I was wondering what folks do that don't have the 450P (probably have something much larger). My BH had G rated tires and required 110 PSI and it was easy with the 450P. My new LM has H rated tires requiring 125 PSI and I was a little leery of that little compressor handling it. To my surprise it took all four tires from 110 to 125 in a little more that 10 minutes total.

SLO

I did a similar trailer plug connector. I spliced my Viair directly to a 7 pin trailer end connector so it plugs in directly to the truck’s 7 pin connector.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

CDN

B and B
Technically if you use the bumper 7 pin receptacle and have a in bed 7 pin connected you are drawing off both the truck if running or the trailer battery bank. There is no isolation between the two plugs. 23 amps would not be a problem at all. I have not bought a Vivair yet but am thinking of one.

Bones

Technically if you use the bumper 7 pin receptacle and have a in bed 7 pin connected you are drawing off both the truck if running or the trailer battery bank. There is no isolation between the two plugs. 23 amps would not be a problem at all. I have not bought a Vivair yet but am thinking of one.

I just bought one from amazon. They are on sale.