What did you do to your camper today?

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Today, I changed the insurance on it from Foremost to Progressive via the same agency. Same basic coverage with the ability to reduce coverage when it's stored or parked (liked it is most of the time) and for half of what I was paying.

Wmnmy

I installed a stain glass window on the Horn
attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 645
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 645

'Lil Guy'

Just received my Viair 450P air compressor to keep with our rig. For the price, I hope it does what everyone says it does.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Well, we got home from our July 4th. Weekend Campout at around 1:30 p.m. . . . and spent the afternoon unloading . . . and washing all of the bugs and bird poo off of the Prowler!

We stayed at a very nice KOA in northern Colorado . . . but unfortunately, there was a very large cattle ranch about a 1/4 of a mile down the road, and each evening when the rain came . . . so did the smell . . . and the flies!

And because of all of the flies . . . an over abundance of birds that made the Albert Hitchcock movie 'The Birds' mild in comparison.

Other than that, we had a great time!

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• ProwlerViewFTCKOA-P1000200.jpg
    ProwlerViewFTCKOA-P1000200.jpg
    645.9 KB · Views: 286
  • ProwlerRainbow-P1000216.jpg
    ProwlerRainbow-P1000216.jpg
    105.2 KB · Views: 286
  • ProwlerFlagsJuly4-P1000235.jpg
    ProwlerFlagsJuly4-P1000235.jpg
    714 KB · Views: 290

Jim.Allison

Took a trip to Ft Davis State Park in Ft. Davis Texas. We met some great people there and visited some old friends. Last year I installed a solar system which works great, but I needed practice using the digital interfaces. I spent some time alone working with it. I learned alot. And I am finally confident in the operation of the entire system.

But I want to report that, I can now run my LP/AC fridge on inverted power for extended periods, eliminating the constant burning of LP. On a sunny day, I can leave with fully charged batteries and with the solar and the assistance of the 7 pin, I can drive at least 7 hours running the fridge on AC and not use any capacity from the house batteries.

MagnoliaTom

Took a trip to Ft Davis State Park in Ft. Davis Texas. We met some great people there and visited some old friends. Last year I installed a solar system which works great, but I needed practice using the digital interfaces. I spent some time alone working with it. I learned alot. And I am finally confident in the operation of the entire system.

But I want to report that, I can now run my LP/AC fridge on inverted power for extended periods, eliminating the constant burning of LP. On a sunny day, I can leave with fully charged batteries and with the solar and the assistance of the 7 pin, I can drive at least 7 hours running the fridge on AC and not use any capacity from the house batteries.

Love ft Davis. We are going there at the end of the month.

jassson007

Founding Louisiana Chapter Leaders-Retired
Spent the 4th of July at Conroe KOA.

Meant to get over and visit with you but ran out of time. George (the Gateway) was telling me about you. We were in the Big Country on the back side of the pond.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
-Washed and waxed truck and trailer.

-Installed Dish satellite receiver.

-Added new fender supports that Lippert removed when they installed Level Up.

-Also, thanks to Terry H. Installed 4 tread entrance steps. Replacing the old 3 tread steps.
Thanks again Terry.
wrmioh.jpg

HornedToad

I screwed my front AC Shroud back on after poppin' it off with an overhead wire. I got lucky, there wasn't any damage to the AC unit, I was able to simply able re drill and tap the mounting screws to the side of the busted out slots.

This is the second time I've hit an overhead wire in an alley, the last time I busted off a mushroom vent. I've gotta stop using my toy hauler for a moving van. I don't understand why this has happened to me twice, after dragging my roof on a tree I freak out at the sight of a branch hangin' over the road, which isn't very often in West Texas. I guess it's because the roof was $5000 and the overhead wires have only cost me $50.

I broke an overhead TV coax cable with my mushroom vent and the property owner wanted me to pay for repairs. When the cable company came out they noted the cable was stretched too low and not up to city code so there was no charge.

I'll have to start looking onward & upward!!!

What I like about this forum is learning from other RVers successes & failures. So I'm not too proud to post my stupid mistakes... I should not have bragged about how easy it was to repair the AC shroud.

This weekend when I set up I opened the quick cool on the front AC and noticed light? I went up to investigate and discovered that on the drive home, without the shroud, I lost the clam shell Styrofoam top that surrounds the blower fan so only cool inside air can recirculate. I was able to tape a cardboard box to cover most of the blower and improve the air flow, however, it didn't seal it off completely and allowed condensation to drip down on the the bed.

I found a replacement online for $16... that will be one of my less expensive RV lessons!!!

Also, maybe I should follow my own advice and my other stupid mistake this weekend might have been avoided... "I'll have to start looking onward & upward!!!"

No dogs allowed at our campground this weekend, so I had to pull through the neighborhood to drop them off at my daughters in Austin. I thought I was real careful to avoid any overhanging branches and when I climbed on the roof to check the AC I didn't notice any tears.

I turned on the satellite antenna to a loud grinding sound and cut the power. Climbed up to take a look and before I was so busy looking at the roof fabric for tears I didn't notice the satellite dome had a huge dent in the side, my guess would be from hitting a tree branch... DUH!!!

That stupid mistake was a freebie... I got lucky and was able to remove the dome and pop out the dent so the antenna could aim.

sjs731

I had a little more crown/camber put in the rear axle. I had the driver side rear tire worn quite a bit on the inside. Also the alignment shop noticed a baseball size bulge in the passenger side front tire that must have happened on our last trip because I had just checked them.

Steve

For20hunter

Pacific Region Directors-Retired
I had a little more crown/camber put in the rear axle. I had the driver side rear tire worn quite a bit on the inside. Also the alignment shop noticed a baseball size bulge in the passenger side front tire that must have happened on our last trip because I had just checked them.

Steve

If you still have Towmax tires on it, get them off now. You might not get so lucky next time to discover them before they blow. If you are not familiar with ALL of the problems, just do a search here on the HOC forum for Towmax and you will see.

Rod

JohnDar

Today, this arrived and I set it up. Definitely a good thing!
7dd0e057b7146b42f11ce4ab07d78917.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

happykraut

Yesterday I added a round heat register into the bottom of the steps going up to the bedroom. We don't use heat in the bedroom, so I used the duct which was meant for the bedroom and routed it to the register on the steps. It turned out that the duct had never been connected at the factory. I had to lengthen the duct to make it reach. I did this to a previous SOB and it really worked great.

JohnDar

That looks awesome! What are the specifics...where did you get it from, cost, etc.

I purchased it from these folks:

http://rv-co.com/index.html

That is the combination of their Porta-steps and Porta-deck systems. Total weight is about 110 lbs. It was shipped in three cartons. The deck base collapses into a small "bundle," and the steps fold up into a compact package. All sections should fit easily into the "garage" if you don't have a genny in there, or in the basement. Could even ride in the bed of the truck, if you don't have a lot of gear back there. The railings all fold up and the two deck planks are 24" x 36" each, giving a platform of 36" x 48." No tools to assemble and the instructions are simple. All ground contact legs are adjustable for height (I have the platform at 36") allowing for leveling the platform on slight inclines at a site like mine. Very sturdy. The $1200 cost may give pause to some, but for us it was worth it.