What did you do to your camper today?

pegmikef

Ran out of Rejex starting on last side of the rig so will have to wait for my delivery from Amazon tomorrow to finish the job on Tuesday. Funny, my grandson did not seem a bit upset that w​e (figurative for he) couldn't finish the sides today. I had hired him to help with the sides.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Installed a Samsung residential refrigerator. I'll be posting pictures and dialog there later.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sjandbj

Just finished washing and waxing the rig. Hand waxing with Nufinish I thought about using RejuX but it states that the temp should not be above 80 degrees. I would have to wait for 2 months before starting here in Las Vegas. What a job but it sure looks good once it is done. Now it is time to plan a trip.:)

Steve

Hippy

Tail lights standard. I added the running red LEDS wired from the tail lights. Makes a big difference.

Last edited:

etcmss

cut the bed platform down to Queen size and installed the new Bed Boss mattress.
Gained good access inches on both sides.
the access changed on the bath side from 8 inches to the wall to 14 inches. The closet side changed from ~14 inches to 21 inches.
At the top/head board there is about 6-7 inches gap on both sides to add box/container/pillow or ????
can now make the bed much more easily, and in-out much nicer.
Gary

Last edited:

fredwrichardson

Past New Mexico Chapter Leader
Removed broken High Pointe microwave/convection oven and replaced with Samsung MC17F808KDT Over-The-Range Convection Microwave. Fit perfect and could even use the rear mounting bracket that the High Point was mounted on but did have to drill new holes for the power cord and mounting screws. Cooked salmon fillets using the speed cook. Took fifteen minutes and they came out perfect. Love my new oven.
samsung microwave.jpg

Last edited:

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Removed broken High Pointe microwave/convection oven and replaced with Samsung MC17F808KDT Over-The-Range Convection Microwave. Fit perfect and could even use the rear mounting bracket that the High Point was mounted on but did have to drill new hols for the power cord and mounting screws. Cooked salmon fillets using the speed cook. Took fifteen minutes and they came out perfect. Love my new oven.
View attachment 39113
Thanks Fred you answered all of my questions I had asked you on another post.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Today, DISH Network tech came out to reposition our dish. Since we had a tripod installed at our stationary site a year ago, we've only attempted to move it twice, both times not having much luck. Since we are again stationary for a while, we thought we'd give them a call and explain "we've moved." They set up the appt with no charge to reset the dish.

Well, surprisingly we were first on the list for this morning, tech called at 7:45 and arrived at 8. He actually replaced our oval dish with a smaller, lighter round one, and aimed it. Then went inside to make sure all was good. Since our receiver had been off a while, it had trouble connecting, but after tech made some calls and adjustments we were again in business with Satellite TV again! I was very pleased with the whole experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

z06

Installed a three way switch with plug in line running to bedroom AC so that I can run a power cord to 110 outlet on pole when 50 Amp service not available. Will have ability to run both AC units. One on 30 amp service and bedroom AC only on the 110 15 amp plug. When 50 amp service is available I can switch the AC back to campers panel.

jimtoo

Installed a three way switch with plug in line running to bedroom AC so that I can run a power cord to 110 outlet on pole when 50 Amp service not available. Will have ability to run both AC units. One on 30 amp service and bedroom AC only on the 110 15 amp plug. When 50 amp service is available I can switch the AC back to campers panel.

You will be very lucky if that works. Most parks have the 15 or 20 amp plug tied into the same breaker or a GFI plug.

Jim M

HornedToad

What I like about this forum is learning from other RVers successes & failures. So I'm not too proud to post my stupid mistakes...

You might be tempted to tie a retractable dog leash to the garage entry door grab handle so puppy can wander around without harm...

DON'T!!!

When you let your dog off the leash at the front door and the leash snaps back you'll have additional ventilation through the busted garage window.

This I know!!!

porthole

Retired
Replaced the 4" PVC pipe under the trailer I use to carry my telescoping flag pole. The PVC was damaged when my tire blew out. I had thought the only damage was black marks around the end of the pipe from the tire. But, apparently the tire beat the pipe up enough to put hairline cracks in the pipe around the support clamp. Was still plenty strong but I was finding a damp flag after traveling in the rain.

And, I ordered a WiFi Ranger today. See if I can start minimizing the frustration of staying connected when traveling.

You might be tempted to tie a retractable dog leash to the garage entry door grab handle so puppy can wander around without harm...

DON'T!!! When you let your dog off the leash at the front door and the leash snaps back you'll have additional ventilation through the busted garage window.

This I know!!!

We use to use retractable leashes. But after getting involved in the world of rescue/re-homing we eliminated the use. We find them a bit dangerous and they give the dog a lack of "boundary" when walking.

Although your event brings up one comical event we had. Our sometimes skittish Golden was connected with a retractable leash in our yard (before fencing).
I don't recall if I dropped the leash or she just reached the end and pulled it out of my hand. Either way the leash worked as designed and retracted, quite briskly towards the dog. Lacey thought the leash was after her and took off. Several times throughout her run the leash's handle would snag, extend, un-snag and retract, renewing the chase by the alien blue thing. This went on for a bit until we were able to grab her. Was quite funny while it was happening.

A second incident was not quite as pleasant. Don't remember which dog or the exact sequence of events. But, a dog with a retract ended up running around Deb and the leash became wrapped around her leg with the dog still running and pulling and the leash giving her a permanent rope burn scar around one of her legs. Tat was the version that had the braided line. I think most of them now use a flat nylon strap.

We just bought our 3450, 2015 Big Country RV and had a few issues to deal with. First off the dealership had someone walk us through our RV and explain how to use and work all the elements. Now we are not newbies to RV's as we had a 2006 Sunnybrook we traded, but as there are so many new features we had some things we were not aware of. First off, the 4-way switch for the water was new. Now the person that walked us through, obviously did not know what he was talking about, as he told us to switch it to "normal" in order to have water from a tap hooked up to the trailer. WRONG. We couldn't get water to go into the trailer so John(husband) turned switch to "sanitize/winterize" and presto, you could hear the water go into the trailer. Now thinking that this was wonky but who knows, we left it there. I had purchased a washer/dryer combo with this unit and wanted to try it out at home to see how it worked. Well needless to say the next morning we woke up to the underbelly of the trailer bulging as the water overflow(from what we can tell) had seeped the water on the frame and then filled the underbelly. What a mess! So John being a very handy guy, unscrewed the flooring to allow the water to escape and dry out. No damage was done, and we were very lucky that this situation turned out as good as it did! So now we have put an extension on the overflow from the tank(more than likely never need to worry about this again) but you never know. Thank God for you people on here, as when we called the dealer there standard answer is to "read the manual", and we had no idea on what to do with this 4 way switch. So after asking on here, they told us about the "city" switch setting, which we never saw as the handle was over top of the word! DUH! So all is good now! But when John was under the trailer he discovered that there was a brace not attached to the fender under the kitchen table slide. So this is now attached! Also the spare tire bolt was seized, so this is now repaired! Once a year we do dry camping and we were concerned with the household refrigerator in the unit that it would not stay on with the battery charge. So we purchased from the dealer a solar panel and had it installed. Since then John has purchased 2 more batteries and installed them to insure we have extra storage for battery charge, while driving to AZ this winter! So now the next project is to add a towel rack in the bathroom, tho we are trying to figure out what stain has been used in the trailer to match colours. Thanks for listening to my book! We do LOVE our Big Country and look forward to spending a lot of time in it. Take care. Sharon

Roller4tan

Replaced the dump valve for the galley tank. Took it off a couple weeks ago and got it working(wouldn't close all the way, blade action too stiff). Started acting up again so bought a new one. After 4 tries finally got the seals in the right position so it wouldn't leak. Not much finger room and laying on your back. Pull cable worked fine without the valve attached. Still have to button up the flap in the coroplast I cut to do the replacement, piece of wood slat, stainless screws and gorilla tape. Letting it dry out first.

HornedToad

We use to use retractable leashes.

I'm starting to have second thoughts about using the retractable leashes to give the dogs some outside time...
I spent most my time untangling the dogs when I was grilling last night.
Got permission from the RV Park manager to put up a chain link kennel
and tried to find some sod to put down today but nobody has it when it's 100+ degrees.

More news about the broken window...

Good News: I found the website to order a replacement frameless window direct from the manufacture.
Bad News: You cannot order it by size you must have a part number.
Good News: There is a label with the part number on the window.
Bad News: The label is on top of the frame so the window has to be removed.
Good News / Bad News: They do not sell a replacement pane only, you have to buy the whole window, so it should be fairly easy to install.

I don’t know how bad the news will be about the price… yet!!!

Miltp920

Not today, but this past weekend. Installed my new EZ ZIP sun shade. Easy install. Love the zipper removal feature. It did help create more shade for us. Seems like pretty good quality.
EZ ZIP sun shade.jpg

pegmikef

Added a simple booster shelf under the kitchen sink to use up some of the dead space and to provide storage space for our new portable induction cook top and skillet.

Attachments

• BoosterShelf.jpg
    BoosterShelf.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 83

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Flushed out the water system . . . fresh water tank . . . hot water heater . . . water pump . . . and all the pipes!

Tightened a bunch of screws all around the trailer . . . still have more to check . . . will do that tomorrow!

Also killed a few spiders that have taken up residence on the outside of the trailer . . .

Plus, went up on the roof and I think I may have figured out a way to mount my MaxAir II vent cover on these new fangled Ventline vents without drilling holes in the roof.